• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:21 PM

He is a ******, but I`d take him on my team anyday.

#NOMOREKINDL

#42 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:23 PM

Agitating is fine, finishing every check is fine. What's not okay is being challenged to answer for your actions and just standing there like a ***** with your gloves at your side.

Laperriere and Tucker are not monster heavyweights; especially Tucker. Tootoo has done his share of fighting over the years (albeit somewhat cheaply with the early sucker punches at times), but he's turned into a diving wuss lately and if you take away the toughness in his game there's not much left.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#43 IceMunkee

IceMunkee

Gangster-ish

• HoF Booster
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:25 PM

It has been said many times but do you guys notice that at least twice in that series of replays someone tried to get Tootoo to go but he would not. That is the reason he makes me want to puke is that he acts like a tool but is never willing to drop the gloves.
www.thedscene.com
@Gay4Datsyuk
Check It Out!

#44 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (Moni @ December 30, 2008 - 12:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But Probert getting caught crossing the bridge with drugs does?

Yeah that wasn't good. But nobody, and I mean nobody in their right mind could say that while Proby was playing in Det that he was a chickens*** and/or cheapshot artist. If he started something he could surely back it up 100%. And he could play hockey better that 22.
- LT

#45 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (BlueMonk @ December 30, 2008 - 12:23PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agitating is fine, finishing every check is fine. What's not okay is being challenged to answer for your actions and just standing there like a ***** with your gloves at your side.

Laperriere and Tucker are not monster heavyweights; especially Tucker. Tootoo has done his share of fighting over the years (albeit somewhat cheaply with the early sucker punches at times), but he's turned into a diving wuss lately and if you take away the toughness in his game there's not much left.

Tootoo has answered the call a hell of a lot more times than the likes of Maltby and Samuelsson - who can be downright embarrassing at their reluctance to drop the gloves, except when there is a ref holding them back when they put on the "Why I oughtta...." act.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#46 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

Mine alien force overpower you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Detroit # 1 Fan @ December 30, 2008 - 01:21PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He is a ******, but I`d take him on my team anyday.

his only upside is that he draws occasional penalties and injures other teams players, hes not even as gifted offensively as kopecky, plus anyone remember when he basically just handed Franzen the puck last game?

#47 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (BlueMonk @ December 30, 2008 - 11:23AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pretty much that is my beef with him in that first blurb.

I have no problem with Tootoo playing an intense hard-nosed game.

I have no problem with Nashville fans thinking he is a fan favorite even though he is generally hated around the league, because there will always be the home-team bias regardless of the team because face it, he does bust his tail off skating and looking to hit people. That yields passion/energy to fans.

I don't hate Tootoo with a passion like plenty do around here but when he doesn't man up or sucker punch somebody from behind like he did to Robidas (?) last year in Dallas, that is what I have a problem with.

#48 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ December 30, 2008 - 11:53AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Clowe did the same thing after getting jumped:

This little clip made me like Clowe even more.

#49 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (The Secret @ December 30, 2008 - 09:28AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't particularly like the guy but I would gladly add him to our 4th line over either Maltby or Kopecky without hesitation!

That's retarded.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#50 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ December 30, 2008 - 12:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
his only upside is that he draws occasional penalties and injures other teams players, hes not even as gifted offensively as kopecky, plus anyone remember when he basically just handed Franzen the puck last game?

Not sure how anyone can use the words "as gifted offensively as kopecky" all in the same sentence. I wonder sometimes if kopecky has prosthetic hands or if he may perhaps benefit from using a snow shovel rather than a hockey stick.

#51 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (The Secret @ December 30, 2008 - 01:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure how anyone can use the words "as gifted offensively as kopecky" all in the same sentence. I wonder sometimes if kopecky has prosthetic hands or if he may perhaps benefit from using a snow shovel rather than a hockey stick.

Kopecky did actually score a nice goal in international play once, he jsut seems to suck in the NHL thoguh

#52 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (VM1138 @ December 30, 2008 - 12:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's retarded.

What's retarded is Maltby and Kopecky on the same line on the same team. 2 useless players that provide little if anything at all... They don't provide any sort of grit, or toughness, or any sort scoring ability. All they do provide is few minutes per game that other players can rest and that is the extent of it... thats retarded!

#53 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (The Secret @ December 30, 2008 - 09:53AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This little clip made me like Clowe even more.

Towards the end of the clip you get a good look at Tootoo throwing a straight punch to Clowe's jaw before Clowe even has a chance to turn and face him.

#54 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Moni @ December 30, 2008 - 12:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But Probert getting caught crossing the bridge with drugs does?

Probert had alot of off-ice issue's that's for sure but what he did for the Red Wings was unquestionable. He played his role the best he could and he did make a difference more than Kopecky, Maltby or Tootoo combined.

I was a huge Probert fan as you can tell!

#55 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (haroldsnepsts @ December 30, 2008 - 01:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Towards the end of the clip you get a good look at Tootoo throwing a straight punch to Clowe's jaw before Clowe even has a chance to turn and face him.

No, he is a dickhead I am not even trying to cover that fact but IMHO he does provide more energy to a game then both Maltby and Kopecky do. Maltby tries to agitate but only successfully annoys people... Tootoo does agitate and is good at it. Kopecky? He's good for helping us sign Hossa and for filling up a seat on the bench that should be filled by Helm.

#56 E_S_A_D

E_S_A_D

“Ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocritie

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:22 PM

Tootoo is the type of guy you LOVE if he's on your team, hate if he's on the other. I'd trade our 3rd or 4th line entirely for him =)

He doesn't fight often, because he doesn't need to. He can hold his own with any middleweight in the league though and some heavies.
I like a man who grins when he fights. ---Sir Winston Churchill

#57 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (E_S_A_D @ December 30, 2008 - 02:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tootoo is the type of guy you LOVE if he's on your team, hate if he's on the other. I'd trade our 3rd or 4th line entirely for him =)

He doesn't fight often, because he doesn't need to. He can hold his own with any middleweight in the league though and some heavies.

I'd hate to see the puck constantly turned over in our own end, pass on tootoo

#58 Chunkylover

Chunkylover

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:41 PM

The clips of the fights with Wisniewski and Clowe seem to argue against him being a coward it would seem. Sure he got the crap beat out of him and he took one early swing but it's not like he always runs from a fight.

Was McCarty cheap for jumping Lemieux from behind before pummeling him into the ice?

All I'm saying is dislike the guy if you want, but don't act like your emotional response is rational.

#59 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:50 PM

another tootoo cheapshot:

#60 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:56 PM

I'm seing nothing but a legal hit on that last one... What am I missing?

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."