Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Tootoo does it agian

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:06 AM

I've got to agree with most of the sentiments here, he is a guy with little hockey "skills" who just runs around trying to hit, and as mentioned in the posts above, hurt other players.
Then after cheap shotting several Avs players to make up for their hospitality while laying on their bench, rag dolls and looks at the ref when LaPerriere wants to give him a knuckle sandwich.

Don't like him, will never like him, and one of these days he will get what is coming to him. Thankfully he is in Nashville, which I believe is also known as "hockey pergatory". Or is that Atlanta?
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! ™ - RETIRED 2012

#82 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (ladypredsfan @ December 30, 2008 - 09:35PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You didn't miss anything. The one thing no one has mentioned is how chicken#### #12 grabs Tootoo by the jersey while he is down and pulls him inbetween himself and the other players like a line he's drawn a line in the sand.

So what is up with Chelios? I was disappointed that he didn't play here in Nashville last week. I know everyone here chants "Chelios is a sissy" but I am not one of them. I think he is a great player and a great person. I've always enjoyed watching him play.

Our most hated player here now is Joe Thornton. Next time the Wings play the Sharks will you have someone take care of him please?

Thornton offered to go with Tootoo during the last Sharks - Preds game, Tootoo declined when they were close to each other, the linesman steps in and then Foofoo drops his mitts...... Then you hear some redneck say "TOOTOO FIGHTS ALL THE BIG GUYS" nothing could be further from the truth....

#83 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (The Secret @ December 30, 2008 - 03:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't recall anyone saying that they would love him in Detroit only that he would be a hell of a better 4th line role player then what we have now.

Sometimes the homerism on this board is unbearable. Maybe they should change the name from lgw.com to redwinghomers.com.

so, how's it feel....knowing yer a moosefart, eh?
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#84 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

Serves him right. Always good when Tootoo makes an idiot out of himself.

Posted Image

#85 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (The Secret @ December 30, 2008 - 09:28AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't particularly like the guy but I would gladly add him to our 4th line over either Maltby or Kopecky without hesitation!

kidding? i hope so!
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#86 ladypredsfan

ladypredsfan

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (2probert4 @ December 31, 2008 - 01:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thornton offered to go with Tootoo during the last Sharks - Preds game, Tootoo declined when they were close to each other, the linesman steps in and then Foofoo drops his mitts...... Then you hear some redneck say "TOOTOO FIGHTS ALL THE BIG GUYS" nothing could be further from the truth....

You don't call Iginla, Laperrier, Barch, O'brien or Staubitz big?
IPB Image

#87 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

I would just rather him never be a Wing. This organization is too classy to have some ******* talentless chicken, who skates in circles with his head cutoff looking to take a cheap shot at a skilled player. I put him in the same class as a Sean Avery, Ryan Hollweg, and Chris Simon. I am totally for good clean hits and physical hockey, like the Wings/Hawks game lastnight. I just diasagree with their style of play.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#88 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

Mine alien force overpower you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (miller76 @ January 1, 2009 - 01:06AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would just rather him never be a Wing. This organization is too classy to have some ******* talentless chicken, who skates in circles with his head cutoff looking to take a cheap shot at a skilled player. I put him in the same class as a Sean Avery, Ryan Hollweg, and Chris Simon. I am totally for good clean hits and physical hockey, like the Wings/Hawks game lastnight. I just diasagree with their style of play.

also Kaleta, Ruutuu, Eager, and Cooke, these guys will run you from behind and just run away as soon as the gloves come off. There is a proper way to be a pest, look at Carcillo, mcCormick or Ott they will talk the talk and walk the walk and annoy the s*** out of you at the same time, which is what a "pest" should be.

#89 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ January 1, 2009 - 12:10AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also Kaleta, Ruutuu, Eager, and Cooke, these guys will run you from behind and just run away as soon as the gloves come off. There is a proper way to be a pest, look at Carcillo, mcCormick or Ott they will talk the talk and walk the walk and annoy the s*** out of you at the same time, which is what a "pest" should be.

Would you consider Chelios a "pest" ? (In his blackhawk days at least)

Wish List: Stanley Cup!
100% pure Ukranian

#90 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

Both videos he missed the check and made himself look like an idiot.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#91 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

Mine alien force overpower you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (TheUkrainian @ January 1, 2009 - 02:09AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would you consider Chelios a "pest" ? (In his blackhawk days at least)

I dk Chelios is a Dman, but he is up there with guys like pronger

#92 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

We need a physical presence like Tootoo. However, I agree with others that Tootoo is a big wuss, always starting s*** but never finishing it.

#93 Chunkylover

Chunkylover

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:12 PM

Perhaps there are varying degrees of pests. For instance Tootoo and Maltby can talk and talk and talk all game long but usually avoid fisticuffs. Their effectiveness is based on irritation but not physical confrontation because they get rolled, which gives the opponent the advantage.

Guys like Ott or Clarkson can actually win a fight so they may allow simple verbal assaults to become four-knuckle conversations. They are effective at both annoying their opponent, or if the situation warrants, pummeling him as well.

A guy like Chelios can be an effective defenseman as well as a pest (see his seven hacks to Patrick Kane last season) but not a scrapper. Holmstrom is also very capable at getting under the oppositions skin but can't fight to save his face, but he is no less effective at affecting the other team.

If you allow for the existence of a graduated scale of effective pestering then Tootoo performs his role as well as is expected of him by his coach and GM.

Just something to consider....