• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingfan1991

chelios and winter classic

Rate this topic

he better be playing! what a slap in the face it would be if he doesnt get to dress for it.. let alone sitting out the whole final rd of the cup final (fine they won) but this would be just as tough to swallow for him.

taken from MLIVE.com :

Chelios said he doesn't know if he'll be playing in the Winter Classic, saying a lot depends on whether Lidstrom is able to play. "It would be great to be involved in something like that, probably a once-in-a-lifetime thing,'' Chelios said

lebda and him should be automatics in this game.. sit lilja.

your thoughts?

cant wait for these next 2 games.. especially the winter classic!

Edited by wingfan1991

I for one would like him to play, however, this is going to be a tough game. If it didn't matter in the standings then yes, but we need to put our best team out there for the long run.

he better be playing! what a slap in the face it would be if he doesnt get to dress for it.. let alone sitting out the whole final rd of the cup final (fine they won) but this would be just as tough to swallow for him.

taken from MLIVE.com :

Chelios said he doesn't know if he'll be playing in the Winter Classic, saying a lot depends on whether Lidstrom is able to play. "It would be great to be involved in something like that, probably a once-in-a-lifetime thing,'' Chelios said

your thoughts?

Why should Lebda be automatic? Lilja has been vastly superior to Lebda this season. If Lidstrom plays Lebda should sit and Chelios should play.

Keep in mind this is a real game worth 2 points...not an exhibition.

It would be a classless move by Babcock to sit him. Kind of like keeping Yzerman on the bench for his final shift against Edmonton in 2006.

Chelli is the greatest American born player ever, playing in an outdoor nationally televised game, against his former team, in a stadium he's probably went to numerous times as a kid, in what could be his final season.

Nothing wrong with sitting Lebda (yeah I know he's also from Chicago, but if we sit Lilja who will fight?) and putting Chelli in his place. He needs to get in as many games as needed to get back into shape.

Why should Lebda be automatic? Lilja has been vastly superior to Lebda this season. If Lidstrom plays Lebda should sit and Chelios should play.

Lebda is also from the Chicago area, I think.

Chelios is not some fan we're advocating to be in the game. He's a part of this team and he needs to get work in to make up for all the time he's missed.

If this is a real game, Lebda and Kopecky should sit.

Winter Classic doesn't matter for the standings.

I do think Chelios should get to play. From what I have read Lidstrom is still having problems getting a skate on and laced, I love Lidstrom but I don't see him playing for a little while. As much as the Captain would love to play in the Winter Classic I don't think he'll physically be able to do it. I'd rather see Lidstrom sit out, not so that Chelios could play (though that would be the outcome) but so that he is 100% before going back out. I'd hate to see Lidstrom get a serious injury trying to rush back out.

lebda (like the others said) is from chicago, thats why i think he should be automatic like chelly.

it's just 1 game in jan, and its to promote the game yada yada.. play these 2 guys and be a class act babcock , nothing more to it.

like someone said in the post it was the same as sitting stevie in that final game for that faceoff.. that still to this day doesnt sit well with me (or chelly not playing against pitts).

Chelios is not some fan we're advocating to be in the game. He's a part of this team and he needs to get work in to make up for all the time he's missed.

If this is a real game, Lebda and Kopecky should sit.

So you're agreeing with me? I said Lebda should sit for Chelios...

I do think Chelios should get to play. From what I have read Lidstrom is still having problems getting a skate on and laced, I love Lidstrom but I don't see him playing for a little while. As much as the Captain would love to play in the Winter Classic I don't think he'll physically be able to do it. I'd rather see Lidstrom sit out, not so that Chelios could play (though that would be the outcome) but so that he is 100% before going back out. I'd hate to see Lidstrom get a serious injury trying to rush back out.

Winter Classic is worth 2 points just like the game tonight. If we lose both games Chicago will be tied for the division lead.

Yeh. Sit our most consistant defenceman to ensure our two worst defencemen are in the line-up :thumbup:

you took the words right out of my mouth...

all the Lilja haters need to step back and look at the way he has played this year, I still can't believe how well he's played... hands down the best of his career, why would you sit him?!?!

I'd sit Raffi before Lilja at this point

It sure does. Who told you that?

really? I know its two points but it matters that much to you people that the Wings win the game? Especially if the Wings win tonight. I would like to think that the players would enjoy themselves out there, and I personally wont give two s***s if the Wings lose, I just think its gonna be awesome to see the wings doing what the Pens and Sabres did last year.

This is the one game that I think it is important for the Wings to take for what it is. I wouldnt care if they lost 40-0 as long as they had fun out there, because honestly if it were me thats what I would do. Cheli should play. If I had my way, every player on the wings roster would get to play. I am glad I dont have to make the decision on who will play.

taken from MLIVE.com :

your thoughts?

Lebda hasn't earned the right to be an "automatic" for this game. First and foremost, this is a regular season game worth 2 points just like the rest. While it's a nice thought to put Cheli and Lebda in due to it being their hometown, this isn't PeeWee anymore and the "W" is more important than hurting someone's pride.

Cheli and Lebda could easily be interchanged due to Lebda's inconsistent play so far this season, but no way should Lilja be benched for sentimental reasons. He's played great this year and deserves to not be kicked to the side simply because it isn't his hometown. *He's* earned the right to play in that game. Sit Lebda....tough break kid.

It would be a classless move by Babcock to sit him. Kind of like keeping Yzerman on the bench for his final shift against Edmonton in 2006.

Chelli is the greatest American born player ever, playing in an outdoor nationally televised game, against his former team, in a stadium he's probably went to numerous times as a kid, in what could be his final season.

Nothing wrong with sitting Lebda (yeah I know he's also from Chicago, but if we sit Lilja who will fight?) and putting Chelli in his place. He needs to get in as many games as needed to get back into shape.

Did it ever occur to you perhaps Babs was sitting Yzerman so he didn't have to be on the ice on the losing end when the final horn blew?

The sentiment is nice, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Chelios out there given the "nostalgic" situation, but this game counts in the standings just like everyone else, so you put the best team possible to win the game given the current roster/injuries, etc. If this was 10 years ago, heck even 3-5 years ago, Chelios would be playing without question. Not so sure now. I wouldn't mind seeing him out there but I'm not going to lose sleep if he isn't.

lebda (like the others said) is from chicago, thats why i think he should be automatic like chelly.

it's just 1 game in jan, and its to promote the game yada yada.. play these 2 guys and be a class act babcock , nothing more to it.

like someone said in the post it was the same as sitting stevie in that final game for that faceoff.. that still to this day doesnt sit well with me (or chelly not playing against pitts).

So playing either of those two in favor of a superior Lilja (at this point of the season) makes Babs a class-act? Most people would say that makes him an idiot.

Guest Four

taken from MLIVE.com :

Lilja and him should be automatics in this game.. sit Lebda.

your thoughts?

Agreed.

Don't care about the two points. Chelios needs to play. The guy is the greatest American hockey player, it's in his hometown, against his OTHER team, in what could be his final season. He can still hang, and it'd be an insult not to let him play. It's not like it's an instant loss if Chelios plays, he NEEDs to play.