• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/30 GDT: Red Wings 4, Blackhawks 0

Rate this topic

Obviously Conklin and Pavel and Franzen had great games but I thought Rafalski, who's been strictly mediocre for most of the year, had an uncharacteristically strong game and is, as ever, an excellent PP quarterback. If he can get the motor running, then we'll be in business on the blue line.

Yeah I agree. He threw a good hit, was really strong in his own end, and was able to make some good stops at the blueline on the PP - exactly what he hasn't been doing so far this year.

Good game all around

Who else here thinks Eager's IQ is a few above mental retardation?

I do, and I can confirm those thoughts. I grew up with a player who currently plays for Chicago's AHL affiliate who has told me Eager is one of the most idiotic people he has ever met.

Oh -- and Meech looked great tonight in the minutes he got. He looked a bit -- for lack of a better term -- "scattered" at times on the power play but always seemed to recover and make the right play, even when he pinched and crashed the net.

Too bad he can't get more time in there. I thought he provided a nice shot in the arm to the 4th line tonight.

Oooooh, no wonder. A commercial where a Hawk handles an octopus while saying "end some old traditions, start some new ones"

Bad karma man, bad karma.

Are you for serious? Didn't they watch the playoffs last year? Or did they have a tee time?

As a Hawk fan good game guys. Lets hope its a little more competitive for the WORLD to see how great the game is on Thursday, but Im dissappointed as a hockey fan at Detroit taking runs and then not accepting challenges to fight. Man up is all I ask. Dont run your mouth and run away. Thats what Ive seen tonight.

I tend to agree with this. That being said, what did the Hawks do about it? Teams all year long have failed to make the Red Wings pay for not dressing a tough guy, so those teams have nobody to blame but themselves. Part of it is the Wings have been in one goal games all year. A few more blowouts like this and that could change.

Detroit played a great game, but part of what's hurting the Hawks against them this season is Quenneville. He's a really good coach, but the style he wants his teams to play is doomed against Detroit. Anyone know what his lifetime record against Detroit is? It has to be incredibly bad. Seriously, I'd love to know.

Okay, I found this. I can't verify the accuracy of it, but it sounds about right:

Overall, Quenneville is 19-47-10 against the Wings and was 0-8 last season. At Joe Louis Arena overall he is 8-28-4. The Wings have beaten his teams in the playoffs four times and won the Cup each season (St. Louis - 1997, 1998, 2002; Colorado - 2008). With St. Louis, Quenneville was 11-22-10 during the regular season against Detroit and 5-12 in the playoffs. As bench boss of the Colorado Avalanche, he was 3-9-0 in the regular season and 0-4 in the playoffs in meetings with Detroit.

Okay, I found this. I can't verify the accuracy of it, but it sounds about right:

Overall, Quenneville is 19-47-10 against the Wings and was 0-8 last season. At Joe Louis Arena overall he is 8-28-4. The Wings have beaten his teams in the playoffs four times and won the Cup each season (St. Louis - 1997, 1998, 2002; Colorado - 2008). With St. Louis, Quenneville was 11-22-10 during the regular season against Detroit and 5-12 in the playoffs. As bench boss of the Colorado Avalanche, he was 3-9-0 in the regular season and 0-4 in the playoffs in meetings with Detroit.

oh, wow. Q must have serious nightmares about anything in a Wings sweater. I bet he just can't wait for the Winter classic. ;)

...but Im dissappointed as a hockey fan at Detroit taking runs and then not accepting challenges to fight. Man up is all I ask. Dont run your mouth and run away. Thats what Ive seen tonight.

I must've missed the part where any Detroit players were taking "runs" at Chicago players. Finishing your check -- as rare a thing that has been this season for this Red Wings team -- is NOT "running" a player. Kane wasn't "run". Campbell wasn't "run". Toews wasn't "run".

Kane was run no more than Datsyuk was when when Byfuglien checked him along the bench in the third period.

As far as "manning up" to accept a challenge to fight -- why on Earth would a Wing oblige? Why give the Blackhawks any other emotion than pure frustration? What would Detroit have to gain from it?

Nothing.

Take your spanking, go home and we'll meet on the ice again Thursday.

To win the Stanley Cup Red Wings need to win Quenneville's team and Avalanche in the playoffs. So let's hope Chicago and Colorado make the playoffs this season.

I tend to agree with this. That being said, what did the Hawks do about it? Teams all year long have failed to make the Red Wings pay for not dressing a tough guy, so those teams have nobody to blame but themselves. Part of it is the Wings have been in one goal games all year. A few more blowouts like this and that could change.

Detroit played a great game, but part of what's hurting the Hawks against them this season is Quenneville. He's a really good coach, but the style he wants his teams to play is doomed against Detroit. Anyone know what his lifetime record against Detroit is? It has to be incredibly bad. Seriously, I'd love to know.

Why should Detroit players fight in this situation? They are winning the game. Unless they are defending themselves or exacting revenge on a team mate fighting plays into the hands of the Hawks. I am all for fights but there was no reason for any Wings to engage in this game and if anything a scuffle could have shifted momentum to Chicago

On the plus side for Chicago, Coach Q is a good choice since they're starved for a playoff birth and he can easily get them there. Also considering Chicago's strong play against us last year I'd have thought the match up deficiency against us to lack some, glad to see that wasn't entirely true.

As far as "manning up" to accept a challenge to fight -- why on Earth would a Wing oblige? Why give the Blackhawks any other emotion than pure frustration? What would Detroit have to gain from it?

QFT, exactly let them be miserable, a fight lets them take their frustration out, we'll just let that frustration marinate mmmkay!

Taking runs? Please......

now leave my sacred LGW forum.

Edited by Yak19

On the plus side for Chicago, Coach Q is a good choice since they're starved for a playoff birth and he can easily get them there. Also considering Chicago's strong play against us last year I'd have thought the match up deficiency against us to lack some, glad to see that wasn't entirely true.

Wow, I guess you really simplified your avatar from what it used to be. :thumbup:

Oh and whoever was complaining about the Wings not fighting the Hawks, just ask Patrick Sharp's face how scared Wings players are to fight against him. And Kane couldn't beat his own d***, so I don't know why he's acting tough all of a sudden.

As a Hawk fan good game guys. Lets hope its a little more competitive for the WORLD to see how great the game is on Thursday, but Im dissappointed as a hockey fan at Detroit taking runs and then not accepting challenges to fight. Man up is all I ask. Dont run your mouth and run away. Thats what Ive seen tonight.

Are you kidding? did Meech not get blindsided after an offside call? Did kane not crosscheck Rafalski? What game were you watching? And if you think one of the wings has to man up to eager why even bother with that moron, he was going after Chelios, just like Tootoo, Ott, and McCleod in the playoffs last year, Chelios owns them all, a guy so passed his prime but every pest is taking runs at him instead of Zetterberg, Datsyuk, ect...

Wow, I guess you really simplified your avatar from what it used to be. :thumbup:

Oh and whoever was complaining about the Wings not fighting the Hawks, just ask Patrick Sharp's face how scared Wings players are to fight against him. And Kane couldn't beat his own d***, so I don't know why he's acting tough all of a sudden.

LMAO!

Are you kidding? did Meech not get blindsided after an offside call? Did kane not crosscheck Rafalski? What game were you watching? And if you think one of the wings has to man up to eager why even bother with that moron, he was going after Chelios, just like Tootoo, Ott, and McCleod in the playoffs last year, Chelios owns them all, a guy so passed his prime but every pest is taking runs at him instead of Zetterberg, Datsyuk, ect...

That's what impresses me about Chelios and McCarty. They are old, and past their prime but damn if they don't still draw guys taking runs at them.