• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

No Red Wings on All Star starting line up

Rate this topic

Anahiem fans have magically pushed their agendas forward seemingly overnight. Sounds like the Canadian's voting fraud system has been leaked.

Anyone remember when the NHL threw out a ton of Ducks votes because they were faked? Well looks like the Ducks fans did it again:

http://fanballoting.nhl.com/leaders

:rolleyes:

Anyone remember when Lidstrom was the leading vote getter? Interesting that his play increases in effectiveness yet he's suddenly in the public doghouse. ;)

I would be content if none of the wings even played in the all-star game.

I have to agree!!! I hope none of our players make the roster!!! We need the rest, and we all know that Lidstrom, Hank, and Pavel will be there and they need the rest more than anyone!!

The All-Star game is meaningless. Nobody cares who gets in. At best, it's a popularity contest. At worst, it's rigged.

I certainly agree with you in principle, but we all know Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Hossa and possibly Zetterberg will make the team via the non-fan-based pics. At the very least, Lidstrom will be asked to play. For Lidstrom to have his first place status stolen is what makes me angry. I hate cheaters. *Sigh*

I certainly agree with you in principle, but we all know Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Hossa and possibly Zetterberg will make the team via the non-fan-based pics. At the very least, Lidstrom will be asked to play. For Lidstrom to have his first place status stolen is what makes me angry. I hate cheaters. *Sigh*

Write a script to mass vote for Red Wings players. That's why all the Ducks and let's face it the Hawks are leading in votes. If it is not a result of a script then I actually feel sorry for the people who are spending that much time repeatedly voting for their players over and over again. Either way I would rather that the Wings stayed home and rested while the less deserving players dealt with the All Star game bulls***.

The ASG is a joke, it's peoples favorite players, not the real allstars. A couple years ago when Perrault, and Doan and Smyth got in, I like that. Guys having great years get the recognition. Not voted in because of a name, Pronger and Lidstrom have been much better then Campbell and Niedermayer this season, yet are still leading the Wests defence.

Although there's pride in the Wings on the line, realistically, I'd be fine with no one making the team. Get some rest for those who aren't at 100%, and keep those who are at 100% STAYING at 100%.

At few Wings will still make the team anyways. McLellan will most likely be the West coach, and I'd be willing to bet he'll give a Red Wing or two a call to attend the game.

Guest mindfly

Can someone explain the thing with being on the "first" allstar team, it's only the fans that can decide that? So it doesn't mean the best players are on there just the player who play in a team with the most craziest fans?

Can someone explain the thing with being on the "first" allstar team, it's only the fans that can decide that? So it doesn't mean the best players are on there just the player who play in a team with the most craziest fans?

You are very close to mixing up two VERY different things.

Fans are voting for the All-Star Game Starters for the All-Star game next month.

The NHL's First All Star Team (as well as the Second and All Rookie teams) are voted on by the Professional Hockey Writers Association at the end of the regular season.

The latter is infinitely more prestigious.

Guest mindfly
You are very close to mixing up two VERY different things.

Fans are voting for the All-Star Game Starters for the All-Star game next month.

The NHL's First All Star Team (as well as the Second and All Rookie teams) are voted on by the Professional Hockey Writers Association at the end of the regular season.

The latter is infinitely more prestigious.

Thanks for the info, being a all-star game starter doesn't mean s*** then :)

Guest Shoreline

It's all for fun, and the voting system is clearly all for fun too, as in the fun of making scripts and pushing for your team to get into the ASG in this manner. I don't see why we would be jealous of that. Who has the cup again? Let people have their fun. Yes the ASG is a joke but any all star game is rarely a joke. It's entirely for fun, so I don't see why people have to stress so badly about it.

Edited by Shoreline

I think you have to look at Luongo being pushed out of the starting spot as the biggest sign that there is fraud going on. A guy doesn't lead that long then magically get pushed out.

That's exactly the thing with Lidstrom- he was the leading all star vote getter for the first 3/4 of the contest...

I'm not getting bent out of shape about it... just wanted to point out the hilarity of the roster right now. Look at Ovi's votes. He has less than half of Tangay's.

I have to agree!!! I hope none of our players make the roster!!! We need the rest, and we all know that Lidstrom, Hank, and Pavel will be there and they need the rest more than anyone!!

I agree with this too. I think we could use the time to rest or use the time for practice to smooth out the rough spots. Not because they don't deserve to be there but because the time off might more beneficial.

I agree with this too. I think we could use the time to rest or use the time for practice to smooth out the rough spots. Not because they don't deserve to be there but because the time off might more beneficial.

You know what, that's so crazy it makes perfect sense. That would be cool if not a single RW played in the all-star game.. the NHL would HAVE TO re-think the whole thing for next season.

Edited by ltgator333

You know what, that's so crazy it makes perfect sense. That would be cool if not a single RW played in the all-star game.. the NHL would HAVE TO re-think the whole thing for next season.

Maybe this will be what it takes. The whole thing is just ridiculous now. It's fine with me if the Wings all stay home. :thumbup: