• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2009 Winter Classic: Red Wings 6, Blackhawks 4

Rate this topic

I'm not even bothering to watch this exhibition game that for some reason counts.

It's not a classic and it really doesn't matter. Look where the Wings dominate - it won't be this game because of the crappy ice in this "rink".

You wouldn't know it was crappy ice with the way the Hawks are flying.

Guest mindfly

This period is so weird, feels like wings have dominated, like 3 post shots, 2 bulls*** penalties, conklin a bit off on the 3rd goal.... refs will probably decide this game, GAH.

Oh look, another Crosby commercial.

No ******* s***. The NHL marketing team is a bunch of ****** bags. Like they couldn't market Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Kane or Toews?

Non-NHL fans probably think Crosby is the only decent thing in the game with the way hes promoted and almost NO ONE else.

This is not really a surprise it's in Chi town for a reason. To help the market out, you can't help the market out with the home team losing the classic. This League is a joke! Black hawks are throwing wings down when they tap Huet. Wings bump someone and its roughing?

My thoughts exactly.

There has seemed to be a HUGE double standard all season long that the Wings being physical is a penalty, but if you want to anal gang bang Holmstrom in front of the net it's OK because it's just Holmstrom.

The roughing call was pure horses***. The Winter Classic isn't "classic" if the refs call penalties for looking at someone the wrong way.

You wouldn't know it was crappy ice with the way the Hawks are flying.

good point. There is no advantage to either team -- aside from the guys in the black and white stripes.

Wings have got to capitalize on their opportunties. So far, the Hawks want this game more. I would only put one of the three goals on Conklin thus far.

The bigger issue is our guys missing the nets and hesitating to drive to the net on Huet. They're going to get penalized whether they are agressive or not. So, why not??

Lilja needs to have some kind of consequence when his play makes him a liability. He is treated like the special ed kid in the Wings classroom. Stupid penalty, missed a pass, gets his lame ass deked leading to a goal. How could he even show his god damn face in the locker room?

Because he's the only guy on this team who can fight.

f*** this game. The refs already tainted this thing to s***.

Yep. 10 on 5 hockey. Hopefully the Wings can keep thier composure and own the Hawks for the next 40 minutes. The chant is something to be proud of, eh Chicago? Yeah...that's the behavior of the fans of an elite dynasty team.

The ice isn't "crappy" and both teams are playing on it. Blaming that is an excuse.

I'm not blaming the officiating for the Red Wings' deficit after 20 minutes, but it sure would be nice to actually play a damn hockey game.

The best action of that period was when it was 5-on-5 -- rare as though it was. Boring to watch a segmented game due to penalties being called to both sides every other shift.

I can't believe Bill McQueery made that call against Lilja for roughing.

This isn't basketball. This is hockey, a sport for real men. Maybe they're trying to appeal to dumb, American audiences or something.

Ladd ******* hits him from behind, and the Hammer gets up and PUSHES him, and gets a penalty. The Wings finally starting to look a bit tough and the refs are giving them penalties for it.

Lilja needs to have some kind of consequence when his play makes him a liability. He is treated like the special ed kid in the Wings classroom. Stupid penalty, missed a pass, gets his lame ass deked leading to a goal. How could he even show his god damn face in the locker room?

You can't fault him for the roughing penalty. that was a joke. But yeah, otherwise he's looked like the Lillypads of old.

And another story about the Hawks funeral trip...

I think everybody's heard this already.

Casual hockey fans or non-fans might not have. Besides, it's NBC, they have to have their feel good athlete story. :P

I love FSN coverage of the Wings.

NBC coverage just sucks. They're too busy pimping out Reebok and Bud Light to let us know why the hell a team is short-handed. The announcers spend too much time with useless chatter and product pimping and not enough time announcing the game. Also, the announcer lack enthusiasm for the game. Cleary got his world rocked from a sweet hit into the Chicago bench and the announcers didn't even seem to react.