• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2009 Winter Classic: Red Wings 6, Blackhawks 4

Rate this topic

I hate the use of the word "surgical" when referring to a hockey team.

Olczyk: "The Red Wings were quite surgical today, performing a sex change operation on Blackhawk goaltender Cristibal Huet which increased his waist and hip size and limited his ability to close his fivehole due to soreness in his groin. I suppose I should say 'her' now, shouldn't I?"

I definetly thought Hudler was the best player out there today. I thought Lids looked a little off with the errant passing earlier on. But overall a 5 unanswered goal surge was spectacular. Wish I was there.

Olczyk: "The Red Wings were quite surgical today, performing a sex change operation on Blackhawk goaltender Cristibal Huet which increased his waist and hip size and limited his ability to close his fivehole due to soreness in his groin. I suppose I should say 'her' now, shouldn't I?"

eva? Humor? What?

:hehe:

Well, I think the Red Wings proved a lot. We are not only far better at hockey than the Blackhawks but are clearly much better at life and our boys are also far better equipped to leave a woman satisfied sexually.

Especially Lilja.

After all, there's a reason why they call him the "PAIN TRAIN". ;)

Guest mindfly

I still think Hank should score some goals... even though he's one of the most important players on the team... how many games without a goal? 12-13?

I still think Hank should score some goals... even though he's one of the most important players on the team... how many games without a goal? 12-13?

8. He scored the first goal against Phoenix, December 13th.

Great job by Detroit. Chicago looked totally gassed in the third period. When they needed to find that extra push, it wasn't there. Huet was lucky is was so cold: it wasn't sunburn on the back of his neck, it was frostbite. Wasn't it Huet's wife, when he was the "next great goalie in Montreal", that told the media that they weren't pronouncing his last name correctly? Wasn't long after that, he was traded to LA.

The "Campbell Curse" in outdoor games was extended to 2 today.

The CBC coverage, as always, was perfect. They even got to tell 2 "pit stop" stories: Chelios' in Chicago when he took the Cup back home in the summer and Conklin's during "Take me out to the ballgame".

One of the unsung great subplots in this game was the Hawks fans embarrassing themselves on national television. They had the perfect opportunity to show the support of their team's newfound success with a hearty, "Let's go Hawks!" chant during the game. But no. There would be no such motivational moment for the team. Instead, the lowbrows collectively fall off the wagon. Overwhelmed and frightened by the thought of embracing the light, they fail to confront the challenge. They fall back into old, dark habits and scurry for the comfort of, "Detroit sucks!"

And the Hawks blow their 2 goal lead and collapse.

I almost feel bad for the Blackhawks players. But most of all, I feel for the wives and girlfriends of those fans tonight. The black eyes and bruises may heal, but the scars won't fade.

One of the unsung great subplots in this game was the Hawks fans embarrassing themselves on national television. They had the perfect opportunity to show the support of their team's newfound success with a hearty, "Let's go Hawks!" chant during the game. But no. There would be no such motivational moment for the team. Instead, the lowbrows collectively fall off the wagon. Overwhelmed and frightened by the thought of embracing the light, they fail to confront the challenge. They fall back into old, dark habits and scurry for the comfort of, "Detroit sucks!"

And the Hawks blow their 2 goal lead and collapse.

I almost feel bad for the Blackhawks players. But most of all, I feel for the wives and girlfriends of those fans tonight. The black eyes and bruises may heal, but the scars won't fade.

I also feel sorry for their players. I've never seen a fanbase that cares more about the fortunes of another team, than the one they're supposed to be supporting. It was quite sad to see really.

Hopefully, at some point they'll realise they actually have a half-decent team to root for now and that there is a reason to follow hockey other than to see if Detroit is losing.

Chanting "Detroit sucks!" is probably the most juvenile thing that could have happened for that crowd. Seriously, regardless of what team you like, the Red Wings do not suck; Atlanta sucks. Florida and Tampa suck. The Islanders suck. Detroit does not. The last time saying that a team sucked was a serious insult was when I was in grade 3 and the nickname "Chris Osbad" was popular here in Ontario.

I throughly, thoroughly enjoyed the game. I was watching with 3 of my buddies, two of which were rooting for the blackhawks. When Cleary went over the bench in the first, I heard some chirping. Sooo glad the wings pulled it out. I love how Datsyuk pretty much owned the Hawks on his goal and McGuire is like, Go Wind! Love the little comment at the end by Dan Cleary by saying the Wind effected them in the first, as if to say that the only reason the blackhawks scored was because of the wind, hahaha. If anyone finds a link to rewatch it, or even download it, can you post it here so I can watch the epicness again?

Oh, and how about Lebda. He scored the lights out goal today, after everyone saying he DIDNT deserve to be playing in this game. I was really proud of him, and he played damn good today too. He had 2 other good chances that he could have potted as well.

Oh, and Hudler, YOUR AMAZING!

Chanting "Detroit sucks!" is probably the most juvenile thing that could have happened for that crowd. Seriously, regardless of what team you like, the Red Wings do not suck; Atlanta sucks. Florida and Tampa suck. The Islanders suck. Detroit does not. The last time saying that a team sucked was a serious insult was when I was in grade 3 and the nickname "Chris Osbad" was popular here in Ontario.

Hey - I resent that. :rolleyes:

Guest DetroitBoy313

I was just over at the Blackhawks board trying to be civilized but it's unreal how some people can be,here's a classic post by a classy fan......

I've been to Detroit, played hockey in Detroit, and sat with their fans at many games. And I can honestly say that Detroit sucks and so do their fans. I can see why Detroit fans might see us as obnoxious, but man the Detroit people sitting around me were annoying, bitchy, and didn't really know their hockey. The city is a crime-ridden hell hole and is about the last place in America I would want to live outside of the bible belt. Detroit sucks. It's going to be said. If you don't like it, don't go. I don't care if they are a better team than we are (clearly the are at the moment), it's going to be yelled each and every time we play them.

All that said, I don't really think it should be employed at games against other teams. The Philly game was an exception to that rule as we were destroying them and warming up for the next couple.

I was just over at the Blackhawks board trying to be civilized but it's unreal how some people can be,here's a classic post by a classy fan......

lol, before the game i told all of the hawks fans aroudn me that eager was mentally retarded and they were all like "who's eager?" the fans infront of me accidentally started cheering for wings goals after i celebrated, they are absolutely dimwits. One of them even came up to me after the game and made fun of me like i had to drive a long way home, but i only live like 50-60 min from Wrigley, they are just morons, like most people in Illinois.

Edited by CrossoverThrash