• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

Burnside: Hockey's home run

Rate this topic

I think we are gonna have north-north match ups for awhile, and then the the visiting north team will get to host a south team.

That would be a clever way of doing it.

Maybe the league will find an interesting thing to do that favors hosting in the south. Whatever that would be. Unless anyone here can think of a way to make a Winter Classic hosted in the south seem anything other than ridiculous, that is.

Hm. If they fix the All Star Game (remove fan voting, move it til after the season), they could host those in southern rinks. And the skills competition and all that jazz. But the Winter Classic just has such greater seating capacity..

Eh. It's hard to find a way in which the southern teams don't get screwed.

Oh well, go Wings!

I love the winter classic and think they should do it twice a year.

I also believe it should be reserved for O6 match ups only, but there are a lot of things I think the O6 should get that they don't.

I think they should do an all outdoor day with the O6 revolving match ups each year. All 6 have stadiums that could hold the event near by and the weather necessary.

Think about it this years match ups could have been:

Det v Chi at Wrigley 1:00pm

Tor v Boston at Foxboro or Fenway (I think the game is better suited to be in a football stadium than baseball) 5:00pm

Mon V NY at the Meadowlands 8:00pm

Could they do a night game, I mean the Giants and Jets play there at night all of the time?! EDIT: same for the Pats.

What a great day of Hockey that would be!!

Edited by Opie