• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitBoy313

Michigan votes for Toronto.....

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitBoy313

I'm sorry if you guys don't think this is thread worthy but I thought this was very interesting that Michigan had the most votes out of any state that voted the next winter classic should be in Toronto......Maybe we know something the rest of the country doesn't? LoL!

Where should the next outdoor game be played?

Guest DetroitBoy313
I'd love to see Toronto VS Detroit at the Big House in Ann Arbor.

I don't think you'll see the Wings in another classic for a while.

I'd love to see Toronto VS Detroit at the Big House in Ann Arbor.

Great idea except one major problem, Parking. Due to the snow its unlikely to expect as many make-shift grass lots for the Big House, though with enough effort it could easily be done.

What might be a better idea is to follow the mold of the Michigan/Michigan State "Cold War" and play it in East Lansing, but as its been previously stated I doubt they'll give us another Winter Classic so soon.

I would wait till the leafs can ice a decent team before they get consideration. Also Bettman probably wants to keep it in the states. New York or Minnesota???

P.S. so is the winter classic officially a yearly tradition?

I would highly doubt Detroit will be involved in any Winter Classics for years to come. If the league decides to continue with this tradition, I see them spreading the love to other clubs.

I could see the league doing an outdoor game at Shea or the Meadowlands including the Rangers. I could also see a game played in the Boston area, including the Bruins. Hell they could do a game with the Caps in DC.

I think the next teams to be selected for upcoming outdoor games could be Boston, NYR, Philly, Washington, and Montreal.

This is all just my opinion.

Boston would be a good choice i think. Next year there team will even be better. Vs Montreal depending on how there doing next season. Another great one would be Toronto vs Montreal regardless of what Torontos team looks like. Although like you guys are saying i think the US is more in need of NHL exposer than Canada so i think it will probably be in the states. But somewhere i thought i read something about maybe having 2 outdoor games on New Years day next year. I think that would be the way to do it, 2 out door games a year with the best matchups in the top 16 teams.

The nice thing about the WC is that it can only be played in places where people care about hockey. :thumbup: We won't have to worry about seeing a Phoenix Florida game anytime soon.

I agree that it may be a while before they have one in Canada. Having said that, it is almost a sure thing there will be one at Fenway in Boston and one at the "New Yankee Stadium".

I would not mind seeing a Bruins Canadiens game at Fenway. It seems a no-brainer to me.

Great idea except one major problem, Parking. Due to the snow its unlikely to expect as many make-shift grass lots for the Big House, though with enough effort it could easily be done.

What might be a better idea is to follow the mold of the Michigan/Michigan State "Cold War" and play it in East Lansing, but as its been previously stated I doubt they'll give us another Winter Classic so soon.

Meijer parking lot and the Briarwood mall parking lot with shuttles. Just sayin'.

It's got to be an original six matchup. All of them (except maybe Toronto) are improving each year and the intensity is coming back. I'd bet money that it'll be a Boston-NYR game or a Boston-Montreal game in Boston.

Has this been proven?

Look at the TV ads... How many ads had Crosby in it, I think there was only one commercial break that didn't have him or any reference to the NHL's Nancy Boy...

Real hockey fans hate him. Casual US fans know the name, but they don't really know how much of a little baby this overrated "superstar" is.

By last year's TV viewing, yes.

Nothing about TV ratings are going to suggest that people watching the WC weren't interested in hockey to begin with, there's nothing that proves that the WC 'converts' anyone.

You've really answered your own question there.

So the NHL giving the metaphorical finger to the only real reason it exists is a GOOD strategy?

Edited by Cern