• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CrossoverThrash

Ovechkin CHEAP SHOT

Rate this topic

Guest Four
Below me. Im not reading 8 pages to see if someone else said the same thing. I watched the video, and stated my opinion.

Waste of time, he'll just say how your wrong and flawed and if you continue, he'll get your posts deleted by mods

equally bad?

cindy intentionally meant to hurt someone it looks like here, and it's equally bad?

o shouldn't get a suspension here. he made the move to NOT hit him once he noticed it wasn't going to be clean. he did care about his f***up.

that is where this hit is nowhere near the same as other toolbags who do this, generally speaking.

so at what point is intentionally/no injury vs. non-intentional/injury equal? it isn't.

but yea, o's hit, as viewed by me, it seems like he did try to avoid doing damage here. not to mention the way heward led up to the boards, he didn't pull out as usual, and o couldn't stop the main hit, but did a damn good job to keep it from a neck injury.

Cindy can't hurt anyone, ovechkin on the other hand can, and did

not a cheap shot in anyway. Bad luck yes.

I wish him the best and Ovechkin was worried the entire time he was on the ice. Had it been a cheap shot he wouldn't of cared at all. Just a hockey collision gone wrong.

Waste of time, he'll just say how your wrong and flawed and if you continue, he'll get your posts deleted by mods

How will i get posts deleted by mods? People are saying im wrong and flawed, but i can't say they are, its all a matter of opinion. You must get offended by different opinions easily.

Guest Four
How will i get posts deleted by mods? People are saying im wrong and flawed, but i can't say they are, its all a matter of opinion. You must get offended by different opinions easily.

Actually, I see a lot of times, people stating their opinions and you are saying they are wrong. They never said you were wrong, they just thought differently, but you actually TELL them they are wrong. And tbh, I thought I was posting in the World Junior thread since I knew we debated in one of them and I thought it was this one first and saw my posts weren't here. Sorry about the mod deleting post part.

Actually, I see a lot of times, people stating their opinions and you are saying they are wrong. They never said you were wrong, they just thought differently, but you actually TELL them they are wrong. And tbh, I thought I was posting in the World Junior thread since I knew we debated in one of them and I thought it was this one first and saw my posts weren't here. Sorry about the mod deleting post part.

Ok, I only told people they were wrong when they said that Ovechkin has no past history because clearly he does. As for interpretations of the hit, nobody's wrong really, although some people are saying some pretty dumb s*** and i think they watched the replay once like i did when i initially started this thread.

A couple things I noticed...

AO seems to stop striding at about the faceoff dot. He also appeared to tense to deliver a big hit, but never followed through. To me he seemed to pull up a half second too late, like he was expecting Heward to turn and it didn't happen.

Boarding yes, suspendable... yeah, um, not with the current nhl leadership

Guest dekeyuk

Any update on the injury? Is he okay? I'm not touching the rest of this, but I will say it's like religion or politics and if two people disagree on this, you might as well save yourself some time and headaches and let it go. That is unless you are unemployed and have nothing better to do or in general are bitter about the unfairness of life.

ill start by saying i am a HUGE ovechkin fan. this is not a dirty of malicious hit, the guy is very intense and has only one speed and that is full out all the time. look at his face afterwards, he is really upset and remorseful.

saying that he deserves a suspension and i suggest the same as randy jones for his hit on bergeron because to me they are similar as there was no intent but nevertheless it was a dangerous play. i feel the nhl is a joke with how it treats star players (dont get me started on pronger) and they need to level the playing field a little. remember AOs hit on briere a couple years ago?

there was some intent there, but heward is AOs friend and there is no way he meant to hurt him.

To me it looks like AO is tracking him on the forecheck to put a big hit on him against the boards as soon as Heward gets the puck to take it up ice. Heward knows AO is there though and tries to quickly turn the other way and go behind the boards instead, a move Wings dmen have perfected to avoid big collisions. AO is a very smart player though and anticipates this re-direction. He finishes his check but it actually looks like he pulls up when he realizes he has guessed right and Heward is bent over slightly against the boards right before contact is made. Tough play for Heward but I don't think it was dirty or cheap, or that AO was trying to injure or anything.

I wouldn't suspend him but who knows these days?

esteef

I saw this live, and at first it did look like a hit from behind. However, the more I watch it, the more I realize that it's nothing more than a player knowing that he is going to get hit, turning his back to the opposition.

The hitee is to blame, not the hitter.

I saw this live, and at first it did look like a hit from behind. However, the more I watch it, the more I realize that it's nothing more than a player knowing that he is going to get hit, turning his back to the opposition.

The hitee is to blame, not the hitter.

This argument has ground when it happens at close range, but Ovechkin was looking at his back the whole way in. It wasn't Heward's fault for going after the puck like that. It looks like he just stumbled a bit and Ovechkin checked his head into the boards with his elbow. Unintentional, but it still should have been a penalty.

No susp. though.

This argument has ground when it happens at close range, but Ovechkin was looking at his back the whole way in. It wasn't Heward's fault for going after the puck like that. It looks like he just stumbled a bit and Ovechkin checked his head into the boards with his elbow. Unintentional, but it still should have been a penalty.

No susp. though.

I wouldn't argue either way on a penalty. I can see both sides of that argument anyhow. What I will argue is that when Heward turned as he went into the boards, Ovie also changed his angle of pursuit. This made Ovie hit Heward closer to the front side than from behind. Couple that with Ovie not driving Heward's head into the boards, or for that matter not really hitting Heward all that hard, I think it's just a solid hockey play. If Heward doesn't turn like he does, he isn't put in a position that he was. Ovie, IMHO, did more than enough to ensure that Heward wasn't hit from behind.

Watch the replay again. Ovie hardly touches Heward. Think about it. How does Ovie do everything? 110%, all out attack. So to see him not finish his check really says something to me. Also, if you look, Ovie's body makes minimal contact with Heward. It's really only Ovie's arms than make any significant contact with Heward. I think what happened is that Heward thought he could avoid a big hit by turning his back to Ovie, and lost his balance with Ovie brushed him.

No malicious intent, just a poorly executed play by both players with a poor outcome.

What a waist of time, looks to me Crossover is enjoing each reply he is receiving, couse he is answering all of them.

Stupid Post and Title

well judging by youre name you're not a homer, quit being offended