#23 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

Mine alien force overpower you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (thedisappearer @ January 2, 2009 - 04:05AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it's sarcasm, but you have a *real* point. Well played. dry.gif

you got me there, but seriously, you must be an ovechkin lover to not see at least a little bit wrong in this incident

#24 Yzerman191

Yzerman191

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:13 AM

I've watched the video four times now and to me it just looks like an accident. Granted, I'm an Ovechkin fan, but I honestly can't find much of anything wrong with his hit.

#25 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (Yzerman191 @ January 2, 2009 - 04:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've watched the video four times now and to me it just looks like an accident. Granted, I'm an Ovechkin fan, but I honestly can't find much of anything wrong with his hit.

but compare it to the Kostopolous one, its not as bad but strikingly similar, im an ovechkin fan but im also a fan of justice in this league and i think anybody no matter who you are shiould be suspended, my initial reaction was cheapshot because of the glaring elbow and hit form behind, ovechkin is known for boderline hits, ovechkin is also a star player, where do you draw the line? What if tootoo did this, what if crosby did this? What if ryan hollweg did this?

#26 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:19 AM

wow, what a misleading title. That is the farthest thing from what you would call a cheap shot. He was just playing hockey and there was a bad connection, whether it's the guy going into the boards in an awkward position or ovechkin just hitting in a bad form, it was really nothing more than an unfornunate outcome. Any other day, that'd be a 2 minute minor for elbowing at the most, it's just in this case the guy got hurt. I guarantee you if one of the wings made that same hit and the guy didn't get hurt, most would be up in arms about a 2 minute minor even.

#27 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (Yzermania @ January 2, 2009 - 04:19AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow, what a misleading title. .

agreeed,but it got your attention huh? mods should change it to Ovechkin *incident*

If you do not see even anything wrong wiht this hit you've got ovechkin homer glasses on

Edited by CrossoverThrash, 02 January 2009 - 03:22 AM.

#28 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:25 AM

It was clean hit imho.

#29 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ January 2, 2009 - 12:20AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agreeed,but it got your attention huh? mods should change it to Ovechkin *incident*

If you do not see even anything wrong wiht this hit you've got ovechkin homer glasses on

i'm not really an ovechkin fan, at most, I think he's entertaining to watch play and that's about it. You're just making a big deal out of it because the guy got hurt which is very unfortunate but it happens. I didn't say nothing was wrong with it, he used his elbow, but that's a minor penalty, not something to call for a suspension over.

#30 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (Reds4Life @ January 2, 2009 - 04:25AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was clean hit imho.

This is a highly controversial hit, OV clearly used his elbow (why was it up?) to smash huard's neck into the boards, did he intend the outcome? of course not, he followed huard from behind for a couple of strides, the contact ovechkin used was inappropriate for the situation, it is similar to Kostopolous's hit, no not as bad, huard was seriously injured, ovechkin is the leagues posterboy #2, he appologized and said it was unintentional, Kostopoulous apologized and said it was unintentional. Both players turned their back in similar fashions. I say a game, no matter what, ovechkin injured the guy severely and was in the totally wrong position to make a check that wasn't going to put the other player in danger. It wasn't a vicious hit, but careless nonetheless.

#31 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:35 AM

Nothing wrong with the hit at all. Heward was turning into Ovechkin's check, so it was on the side. Heward's side hit the glass, and he turned back sharply the other way then fell face-first onto the ice. An unfortunate injury but not cheap whatsoever.

The OP is more of a bash against Ovechkin than anything else and not to be taken with a grain of seriousness.

Edited by Shoreline, 02 January 2009 - 03:36 AM.

#32 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (Yzermania @ January 2, 2009 - 04:32AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm not really an ovechkin fan, at most, I think he's entertaining to watch play and that's about it. You're just making a big deal out of it because the guy got hurt which is very unfortunate but it happens. I didn't say nothing was wrong with it, he used his elbow, but that's a minor penalty, not something to call for a suspension over.

Im pretty sure somebody threw an elbow this year and the guy wasn't even injured and the offender got 5 games, a similar situation happened with mottau, it was clearly accidental, jsut like this one, but careless nonetheless

#33 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (Shoreline @ January 2, 2009 - 04:35AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nothing wrong with the hit at all. Heward was turning into Ovechkin's check, so it was on the side. Heward's side hit the glass, and he turned back sharply the other way then fell face-first onto the ice. An unfortunate injury but not cheap whatsoever.

The OP is more of a bash against Ovechkin than anything else and not to be taken with a grain of seriousness.

No, i have stated im an ovechkin fan, are you blind?

#34 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ January 2, 2009 - 12:37AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, i have stated im an ovechkin fan, are you blind?

Very:
QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ January 1, 2009 - 11:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did anyone see this? i tuned in right after it happened and just saw the replay on OTF, disgusting, but we all know Ovechkin is gonna get away with it.... sick

Not only are you wrong, but clearly just bashing him for no reason at all. Clean hit all the way.

Edited by Shoreline, 02 January 2009 - 03:38 AM.

#35 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:39 AM

Those are completely different hits.
It didn't look that bad to me, and definitely wasn't dirty, just unfortunate.
I don't think AO should be suspended.

#36 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (Shoreline @ January 2, 2009 - 04:38AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very:

because he is a "star player" im just calling for justice here, dont know how that is considered bashing either

#37 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ January 2, 2009 - 09:35AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a highly controversial hit, OV clearly used his elbow (why was it up?) to smash huard's neck into the boards, did he intend the outcome? of course not, he followed huard from behind for a couple of strides, the contact ovechkin used was inappropriate for the situation, it is similar to Kostopolous's hit, no not as bad, huard was seriously injured, ovechkin is the leagues posterboy #2, he appologized and said it was unintentional, Kostopoulous apologized and said it was unintentional. Both players turned their back in similar fashions. I say a game, no matter what, ovechkin injured the guy severely and was in the totally wrong position to make a check that wasn't going to put the other player in danger. It wasn't a vicious hit, but careless nonetheless.

Howard knows very good that he can't turn his forhead towards the boards, his mistake and he paid for it.

#38 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

QUOTE (RedStormRising @ January 2, 2009 - 04:39AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those are completely different hits.
It didn't look that bad to me, and definitely wasn't dirty, just unfortunate.
I don't think AO should be suspended.

I already explained the similarities, they are undisputable, hits from behind, head injuries, accidents, no they are not the same hit, im not saying that, ovechkin should be punished for injuring another player with a borderline hit, not because it was intentional or vicious but it was careless

#39 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

QUOTE (Reds4Life @ January 2, 2009 - 04:41AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Howard knows very good that he can't turn his forhead towards the boards, his mistake and he paid for it.

So did van ryn

#40 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ January 2, 2009 - 04:41AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I already explained the similarities, they are undisputable, hits from behind, head injuries, accidents, no they are not the same hit, im not saying that, ovechkin should be punished for injuring another player with a borderline hit, not because it was intentional or vicious but it was careless

So every time a player who is checked gets injured, the one giving the hit should be suspended because they are 'careless'?

Edited by RedStormRising, 02 January 2009 - 03:45 AM.