• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008 NFL Playoffs Thread

Rate this topic

Super Bowl Matchup  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, nevermind that.

Thank God, too. It would have been a barf-fest second only to if Brett Favre had had his leg and his left hand chopped off and hopped out on the field to throw three straight touchdowns in the last thirty seconds of the game, stopping only to recover the onside kicks himself, right after his uncle died of a rare spleen disease.

Anyway, I like the Steelers to come out of the AFC. They had one of the tougher schedules in the league and still ended up with 12 wins. I think I voted Panthers from the NFC.

Pretty good way to open the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see if the Cards defence and running game can play against a tougher team then Atlanta next week. Wonder if LT will be ready to go next week aswell, and hopefully tommorows games are good too. I'd say Baltimore and Philly get the wins tommorow.

Thank God, too. It would have been a barf-fest second only to if Brett Favre had had his leg and his left hand chopped off and hopped out on the field to throw three straight touchdowns in the last thirty seconds of the game, stopping only to recover the onside kicks himself, right after his uncle died of a rare spleen disease.

Anyway, I like the Steelers to come out of the AFC. They had one of the tougher schedules in the league and still ended up with 12 wins. I think I voted Panthers from the NFC.

I agree with all of that. I just want the Bolts to lose, and lose bad. I hate Philip Rivers with a passion. I would also enjoy watching the Giants blow it, because I'm not a fan of Eli, or Tom Coughlin. I guess I'll predict Steelers vs. Eagles.

My fellow Wings fans, I reached out to the Red Wings nation back in October for support for the Phllies. Ultimately that worked and the Phillies won the World Series. Once again I reach out for support for the Eagles. I hope that more of that championship caliber support of Red Wings fans can help propel another one of my teams to a Super Bowl victory. Thank you.

My fellow Wings fans, I reached out to the Red Wings nation back in October for support for the Phllies. Ultimately that worked and the Phillies won the World Series. Once again I reach out for support for the Eagles. I hope that more of that championship caliber support of Red Wings fans can help propel another one of my teams to a Super Bowl victory. Thank you.

I remember that, and said I would not root for the Phillies, but if the Eagles do go to the SB I will be rooting for them for sure.

I was happy to see that farce of an 8-8 team go down. It should be to the NFL's everlasting shame that a 9-7 (or 9-6-1) team will be representing the NFC in the Super Bowl this year. Why even go through the trouble of hosting a season at all when you can lose half your games and still be on the doorstep of a championship... Go Steelers.

I was happy to see that farce of an 8-8 team go down. It should be to the NFL's everlasting shame that a 9-7 (or 9-6-1) team will be representing the NFC in the Super Bowl this year. Why even go through the trouble of hosting a season at all when you can lose half your games and still be on the doorstep of a championship... Go Steelers.

Hey, I know! We should have a playoff in college football too. It totally would not devalue the regular season. It would always produce a legitimate champion.

Arizona Cardinals vs Pittsburgh Steelers!! Super Bowl XLIII is set.

Hard to believe that Pittsburgh isnt immediately heavy favorites. Arizona is an interesting story tho. There offense is killer and it should be interesting to see if the Steelers D will stop the Cards O.

Well, there you go, Cards-Steelers.

Now just talking about one game for fourteen days, when there's about 20 minutes of material to discuss. Too bad Ken Whisenhunt isn't black, we could be stuck hearing that TWO BLACK COACHES drone from Super Bowl 41. Maybe we'll get to hear about Whisenhunt TAKING ON HIS OLD TEAM, which doesn't mean jack s***, or how NOBODY GAVE THE CARDS A CHANCE, which was totally legit because they ******* sucked.

In closing, I instantly despise the Super Bowl hype machine that hasn't churned out any bulls*** just yet.

go steelers ! the cardinals ABSOLUTELY cannot win. up until about two weeks ago, i saw one guy with a cardinals hat, asked him if he was a fan, and said no, i wear it when i go out so my other hats dont get dirty. LOL ! ive seen so many bandwagoners, fans that didnt know who the cardinals were until a week ago, and if they win, the AZ pride will just kill me. i dont just want you to win pittsburgh, i want you to KILL

that said, im an oakland fan :P , good thing i was raised winged wheel, or id have nothing to be happy about !!

Guest Shoreline

Odds would place the Cards as a long shot, and indeed they are the underdog here. That being said, I like new winners. Due to moving, chances are I won't be watching it, but hoping the Cards can bring home the SB for their state even in the face of unfavorable odds.