• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JayUp88

Winter Classic Pictures

Rate this topic

Hey everyone, Just got back from the Classic and I had an amazing time. I have been to Chicago to see a white socks game before and I thought I was going to get killed by the fans around there. With that in mind I was kind of concerned how a group of wings fans were going to be treated in the windy city. I would like to say that for every one drunk jerk Hawks fan there were fifty welcoming hawks fans. Everyone seemed to be having a good time and rag on each other in jokingly matters, but nothing serious. I had a great time and Chicago is a great city. We were meeting up with two of our friends who got the bleacher tickets when I spotted Trever Thompson and said "Hey Go FSN, can i get a picture?" He laughed and said "sure but you might wont one with him first". He was pointed back to Larry Murphy who was coming out of the NHL Network box. Larry was really nice and talked to us for a bit and took a picture. Then after the game we were hanging around outside the ball park when this guy walked up and put his arm around my friend and I and said "You guys played an good game". Figured it was just some really drunk guy when I looked and realized it wasn't just any really drunk guy, it was a really drunk Bobby Hull! he was great, I don't even think he knew where he was. Had no problems taking pictures with us. Someone asked him to sign a ball and it almost took him a minute to sign it. It was a great time.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Jay...?albumview=grid

i saw hulll there too, but it was pretty lame, he was with bettman and wirtz and all of the hawks fans were praising them all, adn i did get a nice f*** bettman out there and a mike illich yell, they were all huggin and gossiping not even paying attention to the game, hull looked wasted

Edited by CrossoverThrash

I loved Hull's cheetah earmuffs.... LOL....

btw, nice pics Jay... I have to admit, I am VERY jealous! How far is the drive from Detroit to Chicago?

I took about 5 hours with stops.

Hey everyone, Just got back from the Classic and I had an amazing time. I have been to Chicago to see a white socks game before and I thought I was going to get killed by the fans around there. With that in mind I was kind of concerned how a group of wings fans were going to be treated in the windy city. I would like to say that for every one drunk jerk Hawks fan there were fifty welcoming hawks fans. Everyone seemed to be having a good time and rag on each other in jokingly matters, but nothing serious. I had a great time and Chicago is a great city. We were meeting up with two of our friends who got the bleacher tickets when I spotted Trever Thompson and said "Hey Go FSN, can i get a picture?" He laughed and said "sure but you might wont one with him first". He was pointed back to Larry Murphy who was coming out of the NHL Network box. Larry was really nice and talked to us for a bit and took a picture. Then after the game we were hanging around outside the ball park when this guy walked up and put his arm around my friend and I and said "You guys played an good game". Figured it was just some really drunk guy when I looked and realized it wasn't just any really drunk guy, it was a really drunk Bobby Hull! he was great, I don't even think he knew where he was. Had no problems taking pictures with us. Someone asked him to sign a ball and it almost took him a minute to sign it. It was a great time.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Jay...?albumview=grid

When the Saints went to the playoffs a few years ago they had to play at the Bears. I didn't go to that game but a few family and friends did, and in addition to their stories as other stories I've heard from locals down here, I never heard so many stories of visiting fans being disrespected and treated so inhumanely and such, much worse than just your friendly ribbing or trash talk.

I heard a fair amount of stories of Saints fans getting pelted with snowballs during the games and sometimes even being pelted with projectiles hidden inside snowballs.

I remember seeing a Bears fan with a sign that said "We're going to finish what Katrina started". It really disappointed me seeing that.

You have to know your limits as a fan. I know all Bear fans and fans of Chicago teams are definitely not like that, but the quantity of bad fan experience stories I heard from people down here that went to that game was pretty alarming. Glad to hear that the home crowd there was good.

Lovely stuff on the pics there Jay, I definitely like.

Great pics...and a great experience...I do have a question though...could you really follow the game? I figured going would be more about the experience and saying you were there than actually watching the game. It seems difficult to really catch whats going on from the stands since the ice is so far away. Were there any really good views?

Thanks for Sharing!

...could you really follow the game?

I had no problem fallowing the game. From walking around Wrigley and even hanging out in the bleacher area I could see the action. When I got the tickets I figured it would be more for the "I was there" then "I can see" but I could fallow the action great. Let also not forget that my seats at the Joe are pretty high up themselves so I am used to watching the game from a far.

I was 11 rows up in the left field bleachers and my seats were alright but I'm not complaining it was fantastic just being there. My view was somewhat obsructed by the media towers but if the puck was deep in the zone I was able to look up on the screens they had temporarily put up on the foul poles. I would post some pics but they are pretty similar to those already posted.

When the Saints went to the playoffs a few years ago they had to play at the Bears. I didn't go to that game but a few family and friends did, and in addition to their stories as other stories I've heard from locals down here, I never heard so many stories of visiting fans being disrespected and treated so inhumanely and such, much worse than just your friendly ribbing or trash talk.

I heard a fair amount of stories of Saints fans getting pelted with snowballs during the games and sometimes even being pelted with projectiles hidden inside snowballs.

I remember seeing a Bears fan with a sign that said "We're going to finish what Katrina started". It really disappointed me seeing that.

You have to know your limits as a fan. I know all Bear fans and fans of Chicago teams are definitely not like that, but the quantity of bad fan experience stories I heard from people down here that went to that game was pretty alarming. Glad to hear that the home crowd there was good.

Lovely stuff on the pics there Jay, I definitely like.

being from Katrina land I remember how classless it looked on tv. My uncle was at that game and is a Chicago native. He said there is no problem making fun of people, but Katrina and stuff hidden in snowballs is just a little much.