No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/3 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Wild 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Guest Four

I was thinking, "wow Datsyuk hasn't done his signature move in a while.."

And sure enough, he pulls it out again

I LOVE IT

Datsyuks shoot out goal just made ESPN's top plays at number 6 I believe. Should have been higher but by rule any play that wins a football/basketball game it gets dibs over anything hockey.

I dunno, I think this Datsyuk-deke was the best of the three (other two against Turco and Volkun). Look how fricken' close he is to the goalie's stick before he pulls the puck back. That's confidence with the puck. That move is hard enough to do when you fake the shot and start toe-dragging from the bottom of the circle. He didn't even start until he was at the crease!

Before Pasha took his shot, I started typing here that I wanted a goal like the one he scored on Turco. Lo and behold, that's just what I got. The site got super-slow all of a sudden though, so it didn't get posted until AFTER, otherwise I would have looked like the Amazing Kreskin.

Somewhere tonight, Marty Turco and Tomas Vokoun are thinking, "Well, we're not the only ones now that have been suckered by that move." And Josh Harding is wondering which row his jock landed in.

The thing about that Datsyukian deke is that it cannot have a copycat of it (maybe it can but it remains to be seen). That Forsberg one hand slide has been done over and over by many different players (Zata, Wolski, Loui Erickson). Datsyuk has done that move a few times but he is the only one, no one else in the NHL has even attempted it.

Other notes: Nice bounce back game for Ozzie

WOOT WOOT!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Yak19

The thing about that Datsyukian deke is that it cannot have a copycat of it (maybe it can but it remains to be seen). That Forsberg one hand slide has been done over and over by many different players (Zata, Wolski, Loui Erickson). Datsyuk has done that move a few times but he is the only one, no one else in the NHL has even attempted it.

Other notes: Nice bounce back game for Ozzie

WOOT WOOT!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No other player has the alien force, end of story

I hope to god we never put Z in another shoot out, great players horrible shoot out player.

Im confused about OT points, I didn't think you get any points for scoring in OT. So does that mean Dats didn't get the GWG?

Edited by ben_usmc

I hope to god we never put Z in another shoot out, great players horrible shoot out player.

Im confused about OT points, I didn't think you get any points for scoring in OT. So does that mean Dats didn't get the GWG?

That's correct. There is no GWG when the game goes to a shootout and any saves/goals made by goalies has no effect on their stats.

??? he's scored plenty of beauties

THe thing I love about this game, is that after you watch a long time and get to know how each player plays, you can predict what they're going to do. Also loved how Mick (or was it Ken?) called Koivu's backhander as he started skating, and then lo and behold, Koivu goes backhand. When they interviewed Ozzie, they asked him if they knew he would do it and how, Ozzie refused and said he used some secret goalie knowledge. Anyone think it was the shrug Koivu did at about the halfway mark that gave it away?

I was under the impression that you don't get awarded a goal for a shoot out win, but that you were awarded with a game winning goal. At least that is how it used to work on Yahoo Fantasy, you wouldn't get a goal but you'd get a game winner. I'm pretty sure I heard Mickey talk about this in a game as well. Anyone know the actual rule here?