No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/3 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Wild 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

det.pngVS min.png

Preview- Red Wings at Wild

Recap- Red Wings 3, Wild 2 (SO)

mjbkat.png

Detroit: 25-7-5, 12-4-3 Road Record, 55 pts; 1st in Central Division, 2nd Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Defeated CHI 6-4 Recap

Minnesota: 18-16-2, 11-7-2 Home Record, 38 pts; 4th in Northwest Division, 10th Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Defeated SJ 3-2 (OT) Recap

o0ntdw.png

Goals

DET Marian Hossa: 17

MIN Mikko Koivu: 11

Assists

DET Pavel Datsyuk: 26

MIN Mikko Koivu: 26

Plus/Minus

DET Pavel Datsyuk: +17

MIN Derek Boogaard: +5

----

DET Kris Draper: -11

MIN James Sheppard: -16

PIM

DET Andreas Lilja: 32

MIN Derek Boogaard: 61

2w6896p.png

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Zetterberg-Hossa

Cleary-Filppula-Samuelsson

Kopecky-Draper-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Meech-Lilja

Chelios, Lebda scratched

2ikw5yo.png

DET Chris Osgood

12-2-4, 3.19 GAA, .876 SV %, 0 SO

MIN Josh Harding

1-4-0, 2.04 GAA, .933 SV %, 0 SO

2la34nc.png

DET Henrik Zetterberg (groin) WILL PLAY, Darren McCarty (groin) out

MIN Marian Gaborik (hip surgery) out, Marc-Andre Bergeron (lower body) out, Kurtis Foster (leg) out

610x.jpg

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Being SJ is... slumping?

they were horribel before that, that shoudl give them some false confidence, since right now we're playing better than the sharks, they were pretty sluggish the other night

Any indication that would suggest that Chelios and Lebs are gonna be scratches in favour of Meech? Or just a hunch given both played Thursday?

Per MLive -

Update from a late afternoon practice in St. Paul: Henrik Zetterberg stayed off the ice, saying his groin felt tight during the third period of Thursday's Winter Classic. But Zetterberg said he should be able to play Saturday against Minnesota.

Coach Mike Babcock said Chris Osgood will start in goal. He hasn't played since Dec. 15, when he strained his groin.

Babcock said forward Tomas Kopecky and defenseman Derek Meech will return to the lineup after sitting out the last game. Meech will replace Brett Lebda. Babcock said the move isn't based on Lebda's performance, he just wants to get Meech in the lineup.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Guest mindfly

I haven't said anything on the outcome, I think it could go very good for osgood (pissed off at being number 2, determination etc 0-2goals allowed) or it could go very very bad (1st shot on goal goes in, ~86S% etc) It will be interesting to watch, that's for sure

Edited by mindfly

Ozzie will be fine, the Wings will be there for him and get him back on track. Wild are missing Gaborik, 10 weeks or ? with an injury. Dom was not involved. :ph34r:

j/k :hehe:

Have fun at the game 55fan!! and anyone else lucky enough to be there today.

Winner winner chicken dinner, 5-2 Wings.

Guest mindfly

I bet Gaborik would be less injured if he was playing for detroit with his best mate Hossa ;) It's a shame they all want their value in big money or it could have been real fun games :)

Current Season Streaks

Overall: 2-game Winning Streak (1 SH)

Road: 1-game Winning Streak

Current Streaks vs. Minnesota

Overall: 1-game Winning Streak (in OT)

Road: 2-game Winning Streak (1 in OT)

Games on this Date: January 3

Last game on 03/01: 2006, Home vs Minnesota

31st game played on this Date

Record on January 3: 14W-12L-4T

LGW.

Anyone else think the Wild are regretting not trading Gaborik sooner?

It's about time their indecisveness and flat out refusal to field a team for a place which is constantly filled bites them in the ass. The Gaborik saga should have been over long ago. Just like the Fernandez/Roloson fiasco.

I loathe Lemaire. I know he is a HOF'er, Stanley Cup winning player and coach, but I think he's an ass. He is absolutely stubborn about the style of play for the Wild, despite the fact they have had young, skilled, and fast players.

There is not a reason the Wild should be consistently in the top end of the Western Conference standings.

It's about time their indecisveness and flat out refusal to field a team for a place which is constantly filled bites them in the ass. The Gaborik saga should have been over long ago. Just like the Fernandez/Roloson fiasco.

I loathe Lemaire. I know he is a HOF'er, Stanley Cup winning player and coach, but I think he's an ass. He is absolutely stubborn about the style of play for the Wild, despite the fact they have had young, skilled, and fast players.

There is not a reason the Wild should be consistently in the top end of the Western Conference standings.

Apparently, you're not alone. I read this morning where Lemaire was unaware of the surgery pending for Gaborik. No one had consulted him. That the mark of a coach who's lost the team he's paid to guide.

linky

Don't worry; the doctors say Marian Gaborik could be skating again in six weeks and playing in 10. Based on what we've seen so far, that means Gabby should be back on the ice sometime around 2011.

I asked Wild coach Jacques Lemaire if he could see any sort of silver lining in this mess.

"I got nothing," he said. "I didn't even know he was going to have the surgery until you just told me. When is he going to have it?"

:blink:

Edited by puckloo39

Apparently, you're not alone. I read this morning where Lemaire was unaware of the surgery pending for Gaborik. No one had consulted him. That the mark of a coach who's lost the team he's paid to guide.

linky

Don't worry; the doctors say Marian Gaborik could be skating again in six weeks and playing in 10. Based on what we've seen so far, that means Gabby should be back on the ice sometime around 2011.

I asked Wild coach Jacques Lemaire if he could see any sort of silver lining in this mess.

"I got nothing," he said. "I didn't even know he was going to have the surgery until you just told me. When is he going to have it?"

:blink:

Ouch.

Damn, Wild fans should be pissed. What the hell is going on in that organization? That website you linked to is the web version of the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

I guess I have this little part of me that roots for the Wild because I live here, but damnit, I've always said I'd rather let paint dry on my eyeballs than watch an entire Wild game. I think that quote will be the beginning of the end for Lemaire as the Wild coach.

Riseborough better pull his head out of his ass, and I wonder if Leipold (Remember him from Nashville?) will let this team languish in mediocrity like he did with the Preds.

Anyone else notice that the Wild's plus-minue leader is Derek Boogaard at +5?... maybe they should start giving him some extra ice time haha...

anyways.. final score..

Wings 4 (Hossa, Datsyuk, Draper and Meech)

Wild 2 (Boogaard x2) <- lol