355 replies to this topic

#341 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

Mine alien force overpower you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Yak19 @ January 4, 2009 - 04:22AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing about that Datsyukian deke is that it cannot have a copycat of it (maybe it can but it remains to be seen). That Forsberg one hand slide has been done over and over by many different players (Zata, Wolski, Loui Erickson). Datsyuk has done that move a few times but he is the only one, no one else in the NHL has even attempted it.

Other notes: Nice bounce back game for Ozzie

WOOT WOOT!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No other player has the alien force, end of story

#342 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:13 AM

Pav's moves are just sick. Thank God we re-signed him in 07, I'd hate seeing him do that for someone else.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#343 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

Datsyuk move was sick. I am proud to say I was there and saw that move.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#344 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:27 PM

#345 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (stormboy @ January 3, 2009 - 05:50PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i've actually got a good feeling about this one. wings are on right now. hopefully a good solid start of ozzie. 3-2 wings.

good call thumbup.gif
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#346 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

I hope to god we never put Z in another shoot out, great players horrible shoot out player.

Im confused about OT points, I didn't think you get any points for scoring in OT. So does that mean Dats didn't get the GWG?

Edited by ben_usmc, 04 January 2009 - 01:58 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#347 WMUCarGuy

WMUCarGuy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (ben_usmc @ January 4, 2009 - 10:57AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope to god we never put Z in another shoot out, great players horrible shoot out player.

Im confused about OT points, I didn't think you get any points for scoring in OT. So does that mean Dats didn't get the GWG?

That's correct. There is no GWG when the game goes to a shootout and any saves/goals made by goalies has no effect on their stats.

#348 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (ben_usmc @ January 4, 2009 - 02:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

??? he's scored plenty of beauties

#349 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

THe thing I love about this game, is that after you watch a long time and get to know how each player plays, you can predict what they're going to do. Also loved how Mick (or was it Ken?) called Koivu's backhander as he started skating, and then lo and behold, Koivu goes backhand. When they interviewed Ozzie, they asked him if they knew he would do it and how, Ozzie refused and said he used some secret goalie knowledge. Anyone think it was the shrug Koivu did at about the halfway mark that gave it away?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#350 DreamsofHope

DreamsofHope

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

I was under the impression that you don't get awarded a goal for a shoot out win, but that you were awarded with a game winning goal. At least that is how it used to work on Yahoo Fantasy, you wouldn't get a goal but you'd get a game winner. I'm pretty sure I heard Mickey talk about this in a game as well. Anyone know the actual rule here?

#351 DreamsofHope

DreamsofHope

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

Zetterberg isn't completely consistent, but he has rocked some shoot out goals that were very, very great. Against the Avs to win the game... You win some you lose some. Maybe try Hossa in his place, but I don't think Zets should be permanently removed.

#352 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

wait for it...

#353 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Duck Guy @ January 4, 2009 - 03:00AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is why when dats goes on the SO they should just give DET the goal before he even shoots...

He can add shoot-outs to his specialty list.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#354 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:39 PM

And you wonder why I love watching this guy. I wish I could have seen it live, but I got the chance to see him during the San Jose game, and his incredible patience with the puck is just amazing. He makes the opposition look sick, and doesn't think a thing about doing it. It's just like another day at the office for him.
Posted Image

#355 Doggy

Doggy

Meanwhile...

• HoF Booster
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:26 PM

Damn you flood these boards CrossoverTrash. I've never seen so many useless posts in every thread.
Rough as guts.

#356 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Pskov Wings Fan @ January 4, 2009 - 12:04AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got to see that shootout goal in person. It was quite a while since Pavel used that move.
First two periods were somewhat cautious but the third was great. Up and down pretty much all the time.

Hi! I was there too. Could you compare some notes with me? It seems like I was watching a different game than some people in this thread.

Refs did not call much. There were lots of things I saw that they didn't call (more against the Wings than Wild, it seemed to me- not that I'm complaining).

Kronner had some nice hits.

Homer was really getting some punishment around the net- no matter where the puck was. He really got under the skin of everyone who was in the general area of the crease! Love that guy!

Why Z in the shootout? Seriously. Why not Dats, Huds, Mule?

Is it just me, or did the Wings seem to totally dominate at times? (Would that it was more!)

Talking to Wild fans, I've gathered they hate their coach, but don't know his name. hehe.gif

Ozzie was wonderful.

Dats is the greatest thing since duct tape.

I have some pics if anyone is interested in looking. Just some from pregame warmups. Just got a new camera, so not many turned out. (The Krupp jersey was on a fan, not a player, in case you were wondering.)
pics here
The other folder that says Det vs Min is from last year, again, if anyone is interested.