Thanks Saran

#22 DraperFan MN

DraperFan MN

Minnesota Wing Man

• HoF Booster
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Hockeytown0001 @ January 3, 2009 - 09:09AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else think the Wild are regretting not trading Gaborik sooner?

It's about time their indecisveness and flat out refusal to field a team for a place which is constantly filled bites them in the ass. The Gaborik saga should have been over long ago. Just like the Fernandez/Roloson fiasco.

I loathe Lemaire. I know he is a HOF'er, Stanley Cup winning player and coach, but I think he's an ass. He is absolutely stubborn about the style of play for the Wild, despite the fact they have had young, skilled, and fast players.

There is not a reason the Wild should be consistently in the top end of the Western Conference standings.
....Cheering for McCarty.

#23 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,460 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (DraperFan MN @ January 3, 2009 - 10:02AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's about time their indecisveness and flat out refusal to field a team for a place which is constantly filled bites them in the ass. The Gaborik saga should have been over long ago. Just like the Fernandez/Roloson fiasco.

I loathe Lemaire. I know he is a HOF'er, Stanley Cup winning player and coach, but I think he's an ass. He is absolutely stubborn about the style of play for the Wild, despite the fact they have had young, skilled, and fast players.

There is not a reason the Wild should be consistently in the top end of the Western Conference standings.

Apparently, you're not alone. I read this morning where Lemaire was unaware of the surgery pending for Gaborik. No one had consulted him. That the mark of a coach who's lost the team he's paid to guide.

linky

Don't worry; the doctors say Marian Gaborik could be skating again in six weeks and playing in 10. Based on what we've seen so far, that means Gabby should be back on the ice sometime around 2011.

I asked Wild coach Jacques Lemaire if he could see any sort of silver lining in this mess.

"I got nothing," he said. "I didn't even know he was going to have the surgery until you just told me. When is he going to have it?"

blink.gif

Edited by puckloo39, 03 January 2009 - 11:08 AM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#24 DraperFan MN

DraperFan MN

Minnesota Wing Man

• HoF Booster
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (puckloo39 @ January 3, 2009 - 10:07AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently, you're not alone. I read this morning where Lemaire was unaware of the surgery pending for Gaborik. No one had consulted him. That the mark of a coach who's lost the team he's paid to guide.

linky

Don't worry; the doctors say Marian Gaborik could be skating again in six weeks and playing in 10. Based on what we've seen so far, that means Gabby should be back on the ice sometime around 2011.

I asked Wild coach Jacques Lemaire if he could see any sort of silver lining in this mess.

"I got nothing," he said. "I didn't even know he was going to have the surgery until you just told me. When is he going to have it?"

blink.gif

Ouch.

Damn, Wild fans should be pissed. What the hell is going on in that organization? That website you linked to is the web version of the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

I guess I have this little part of me that roots for the Wild because I live here, but damnit, I've always said I'd rather let paint dry on my eyeballs than watch an entire Wild game. I think that quote will be the beginning of the end for Lemaire as the Wild coach.

Riseborough better pull his head out of his ass, and I wonder if Leipold (Remember him from Nashville?) will let this team languish in mediocrity like he did with the Preds.
....Cheering for McCarty.

#25 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

Anyone else notice that the Wild's plus-minue leader is Derek Boogaard at +5?... maybe they should start giving him some extra ice time haha...

anyways.. final score..

Wings 4 (Hossa, Datsyuk, Draper and Meech)
Wild 2 (Boogaard x2) <- lol

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#26 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (puckloo39 @ January 3, 2009 - 11:07AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

linky

blink.gif

blink.gif
That just makes me want to cry.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#27 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:46 PM

The Wild are missing some key players; Wings win 21-1

O.o

#28 PenaltyShot 96

PenaltyShot 96

Youth Movement

• HoF Booster
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:48 PM

Wings - 3 (Hudler, Lidsrom, Datsyuk)
Wild - 0 ninja.gif Welcome back Ozzie!
"That's what happens when Downey walks into a room...things die."

#29 Jrat

Jrat

Prospect

• 31 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:31 PM

Out of curiosity, is this game actually in HD on FSN? FSNHD shows no listing for it, and the schedule on the official site doesn't show it being in HD.

#30 oldredbarnman

oldredbarnman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:15 PM

The Wings won't be suffering from a New Year's hangover. 5-2 for the good guys.

#31 RedWingedKitten

RedWingedKitten

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

This will be a good game for Ozzy. The Wild have never been that good on offense and now they are missing Gaborik.

Wings win 5-1 Goals from ZZZZZ!

And some memories. octo.gif

#32 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:40 PM

I love that video. biggrin.gif
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#33 Mike375

Mike375

Do You Believe In Miracles?

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

5-2 Wings

Dats, Huds, Kronner, Sammy, EN Hossa

#34 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

i've actually got a good feeling about this one. wings are on right now. hopefully a good solid start of ozzie. 3-2 wings.

go wings.

#35 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

5-3 Wings. Goals by Filppula, Huds, Z, Hossa and Kronwall.

#36 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

Hudler vs. Boogey! Do it!

beerchug.gif
esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#37 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,460 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (ComradeWasabi @ January 3, 2009 - 03:40PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love that video. biggrin.gif

"I believe I can fly...." rockstar.gif

laugh.gif

I'd love to see Huddie with a hattie tonight.

And is someone in charge of making sure the wind is ready to assist Datsyuk? sly.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#38 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

Did anyone else catch what was just said during the pre-game show? Hawks fan stole the Wing's soccer ball during their warm-ups at Wrigley?

#39 Mike375

Mike375

Do You Believe In Miracles?

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

From FSN-D Pregame

Ken Daniels: "Jiri Hudler, besides your two goals which were great moments, and an assist, is there another moment you'll remember most from the outdoor game?"

Jiri Hudler: "Ahh, the warm benches probably. It was too hot you know? I would say .. our asses were burning a little bit. But was fun, a great day."

Edited by Mike375, 03 January 2009 - 07:56 PM.

#40 Wingsallwin

Wingsallwin

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Kween78 @ January 3, 2009 - 04:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did anyone else catch what was just said during the pre-game show? Hawks fan stole the Wing's soccer ball during their warm-ups at Wrigley?

If that story is true, hawks make themselves retards
My MSN: kim.kang@hotmail.com

Go Wings Go!