• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueliner

Winter Classic Ratings?

Rate this topic

its a shame the MSU bowl game was on the same time or those Detroit numbers would be higher

still really good numbers tho

The MSU fans probably tuned in to the Wings game as the MSU game went into the second half (If you know what I mean).

Boy MSU didn't do well, but then again neither did much of the Big 10 except Iowa,

Can't believe I have to root for Ohio State to save the honor of the Big 10.

its a shame the MSU bowl game was on the same time or those Detroit numbers would be higher

It didn't help that the exciting Gator Bowl was on too, between the Nebraska Cornhuskers and Clemson Tigers. Nebraska showed great heart and grit and came out on top of the Tigers with an exciting goal line stand to end the game.

Edited by FREE REDWINGS

It's too bad they can't (or won't) include US viewers watching CBC. Most knowledgeable hockey fans in the Detroit area watch CBC over any US national broadcast of hockey. I bet if they included CBC viewers the Wings would have easily won the ratings battle.

Guest dekeyuk

What about people outside Chi and Det? I'm really interested to see what other people, non hockey fans, thought of this and if they watched. I would have to imagine it was a neat surprise for someone flipping through the channels and coming on this game.

Sure it had to compete with some football games, but I think that is a good thing. New Years day is a day for sitting around and watching sports and people do have these things called remotes!

i usually mute games on versus and nbc. i just cant stand it, i remember being subjected to brett hull and ray ferraro on nbc for a while there and its just unbearable. cbc is still good and fsdetroit is actually pretty good too because ken daniels is great. i hate how some commentators dont even get excited when the other team scores a highlight reel goal. they just say "ohhh and datsyuk scores, so anyway, my daughter said the cutest thing the other day..." and meanwhile something amazing has just happened. HNIC has gone downhill of late with pj stock but at least i dont have to earmuff when friedman opens his mouth anymore.

HNIC has gone downhill of late with pj stock but at least i dont have to earmuff when friedman opens his mouth anymore.

Agreed about Stock, but at least he's confined to a couple minutes during intermission. Once Coach's Corner is over I'm usually flipping channels until the period starts. I don't watch Hotstove much anymore since Strachan is back on. I'm still waiting for his claims that Lindros to Detroit is a lock and the Lightning are moving to Auburn Hills to come true.

What about people outside Chi and Det? I'm really interested to see what other people, non hockey fans, thought of this and if they watched. I would have to imagine it was a neat surprise for someone flipping through the channels and coming on this game.

Sure it had to compete with some football games, but I think that is a good thing. New Years day is a day for sitting around and watching sports and people do have these things called remotes!

It came in at a 2.9 overnight rating. The highest regular season rating in at least a decade.

Top 10 Metered Markets:

1. Chicago 11.8/21

2. Detroit 10.5/20

3. Buffalo 10.1/20

4. St. Louis 5.3/10

5. Pittsburgh 4.4/8

6. Denver 4.2/10

7. Providence 3.5/7

8. Indianapolis 3.4/6

9. West Palm Beach 3.3/6

10. Orlando 3.2/5

Edited by Blueliner

Guest Shoreline
^^^Include me in that group. I couldn't stand NBC's coverage. So much blabbering about absolutely nothing. CBC actually was calling the game.

Can't blame you one bit.