• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
imisssergei

Gabby out 10+ weeks!

Rate this topic

He's not getting 8 million a season anytime soon..he is made of glass or something. Worse than Havlat.

That makes me think......If you had to choose between Havlat and Gaborik, who would you pick? I think I'd go with Havlat. But if I'm Havlat, I'm moving out East where they don't hit quite as hard or often.

That makes me think......If you had to choose between Havlat and Gaborik, who would you pick? I think I'd go with Havlat. But if I'm Havlat, I'm moving out East where they don't hit quite as hard or often.

I don't know, both seem to disappear in playoffs, both are injured more often than not..I guess I'd pick the one with lesser cap hit.

One of my favourite players (in a different sport) is always injured. It's so hard following a player who is always injured and is always getting rubbished because of it. I feel for Gaborik, some people just get no luck and their bodies can't handle the stresses of their sport as well as others.

Minnesota will be definetly shopping him before the deadline, like a top priority now. He is a turd. He isn't worth the money he thinks he is. Somebody with a little cap room at the deadline will pick him up, and he will be a playoff bust as usual.

Minnesota will be definetly shopping him before the deadline, like a top priority now. He is a turd. He isn't worth the money he thinks he is. Somebody with a little cap room at the deadline will pick him up, and he will be a playoff bust as usual.

From everything I've read, he basically is going to be out too long to make a comeback before the trade deadline. So I see one of two things happening.

1. With as much faith as Minny seems to have in Gabby, it would make sense for them to not let Gabby come back this season. This would allow Gabby to heal 100% so he would have a complete bill of health for UFA, as well as give Minny the long term look at how his hip heals, and what condition his overall health is in. This would let Minny make the best possible decision on what to offer Gabby, if anything. In today's cap era, sometimes gaining cap space is more valuable to a team than the player possibly filling it. Either way, I think Minny is now in a better spot for long term contract negotiations with Gabby.

2. Minny sees this as the last straw with Gabby and deals him at the deadline to a team look to get rid of a bad contract or willing to give up some picks/prospects. Say a team like Pittsburgh, maybe say sending something like Staal for Gabby and Bergeron.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him dealt to the Pens. Regardless of what comes back to the Wild, a few things fit well. If Gabby likes it with the Pens, he could stay. I'm sure he would love to play with Sid, and Sid with Gabby. I think even in the short term, Gabby could be successful with the Pens. All he would need to do would be to get open. Crosby is skilled enough to do the rest, and Gabby could be a 50-60+ goalscorer.

No doubt the Wild would want as much as possible in return. With the health of Gabby most likely still being unknown at this point the Wild might have to sweeten a deal to get something significant in return. The Pens will have a hard time keeping Staal. Staal would be a perfect fit with the Wild. He could do very well on a line with Nolan.

But who knows, as of right now the Pens wouldn't be in the playoffs.

Ten weeks puts it beyond the window of the trade deadline, no? Don't you have to pass a physical by the other team's doctors in order to be traded?

I think you are right. I remember hearing something about a player on the IR can't be traded. That completely slipped my mind. Good call.