No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
j.hoop

Corey "the fairy" Perry suspended four games

Rate this topic

cheers! :banned:

please post video if you can find it

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=401817

"Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry has been suspended for four games, without pay, for elbowing Philadelphia Flyers forward Claude Giroux during the third period of NHL Game #564 Friday night, the National Hockey League announced.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Perry will forfeit $114,516.12. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.

Perry will miss Anaheim's game against Phoenix Jan. 4, the home-and-home series against Los Angeles Jan. 6 and 8, and versus Tampa Bay Jan. 9. He will be eligible to return Jan. 11 against New Jersey."

f*** that piece of s***.

He's a ******* ***** - fights with his visor on, tries to hit people once the linesmen jump in, takes cheap shots (like this one) and whines like Peyton Manning.

f*** that guy.

Watched this game earlier, definately deserved. Giroux was entering the Ducks zone, just across the blue line. Perry approached from right side/slightly behind and caught him square in the face with an elbow. Hard to argue it was incidental, very blatant. 4 Games well justified.

Quick Note: The Penalty call was 4 Min Double Minor for High Sticking (drawing blood). Refs blew the call (surprise) and thought it was his stick, although if you were looking in the general direction of the ice you could see the elbow. Would have mostly likely been a Game Misconduct/Major if the refs saw it clearly.

He hit Giroux who is much taller, i watched it, he jumped up and elbowed him in the mouth, ill post in a bit, i honestly didn't expect a suspention after seeing the ovechkin hit

Mine eyes may be deceiving me, but I think its a stretch to compare that with the Ovechkin hit. The main difference between the two in my eyes is intent. Ovechkin's hit almost certainly wasn't thrown with intent to injure, it would take a lot to convince me that wasn't Perry's objective. While intent doesn't (and shouldn't) affect penalties, I believe it *should* affect suspensions.

Mine eyes may be deceiving me, but I think its a stretch to compare that with the Ovechkin hit. The main difference between the two in my eyes is intent. Ovechkin's hit almost certainly wasn't thrown with intent to injure, it would take a lot to convince me that wasn't Perry's objective. While intent doesn't (and shouldn't) affect penalties, I believe it *should* affect suspensions.

elbow nothing else, ovechkin had no intent, the elbow was still there

elbow nothing else, ovechkin had no intent, the elbow was still there

so what your saying is all players to throw an elbow intentional or not should be suspended?

Ovie's hit was a complete accident. you can watch it again and before he hits Heward he starts to let up cuz he realizes at the last second he has no idea it's coming, and he also manages to hit the side of him (granted it was his head side) but he didn't flatten him square in the numbers.

Perry is a goon just like his loser teamate pronger, that hit was intentional plain and simple.

Agreed, an elbow was involved. However, Ovechkin was in no way trying to hurt him. Its arguable if the elbow even had any affect on the injury, or it was contact with the ice/boards. That play happens 5x a game, hell, in the Wild game today Z got his elbows up. No injury, no intent to injure, no call. In the Perry incident, he was blatantly headhunting. He was obviously going for the head. To me it looks like AO was putting his forearms on his back/shoulder and they slid up. Players out to injure or being overly wreckless continuously should be punished more severely than those who have a mental lapse.

He hit Giroux who is much taller, i watched it, he jumped up and elbowed him in the mouth, ill post in a bit, i honestly didn't expect a suspention after seeing the ovechkin hit

Your obsession with AO's hit (which was a clean hit) is disturbing.

Comparing it with this complete cheapshot is out of line and adds nothing to the thread.

Perry was headhunting and deserves the suspension.

It's unfortunate what Pronger is teaching the kids in Anaheim.

I was watching that game lastnight when fairy hit him, I thought to myself, will the league suspend him? I'm glad they did, and didn't wait on it! I think since it was a 4 minute penalty that is what made the difference, if that is the case, way to go on the refs part.

Corey Fairy is a complete D-BAG, I think we can all agree on that!!

That game lastnight between Philly and the Ducks was extremly physical!! Lots of hitting and fighting, all the hits were good, and the fights were good with the exception of Fairy screwing it up!

Guest nutz2u
cheers! :banned:

please post video if you can find it

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=401817

"Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry has been suspended for four games, without pay, for elbowing Philadelphia Flyers forward Claude Giroux during the third period of NHL Game #564 Friday night, the National Hockey League announced.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Perry will forfeit $114,516.12. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.

Perry will miss Anaheim's game against Phoenix Jan. 4, the home-and-home series against Los Angeles Jan. 6 and 8, and versus Tampa Bay Jan. 9. He will be eligible to return Jan. 11 against New Jersey."

That's a ******* insult, Perry is too ugly to be a fairy.