• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheUkrainian

Crosby "fight"

Rate this topic

Because people cry about all the attention Crosby gets, yet they fixate on every single thing he does.

If that were someone other than Crosby, there's no thread here about it. I saw a fight in a Kings game a few days ago that was even funnier. The guys each took turns falling down and neither really got a punch off, one of them even did a somersault of sorts. Sad fights like this happen fairly often in the NHL but of course it was Sidney so it's the usual suspects looking for any reason to ***** about him, while simultaneously crying about the attention he gets.

people cry about the positive attention he gets, he deserves negative attention

Typical retarded response. :thumbdown:

How so? Explain yourself instead of just calling me a retard and running away.

Homer bias. Every team has it, and it wasn't hard for Penguins fans getting jacked up for what Crosby did because Crosby plays for the Penguins. If a Wings player did the same thing, you mean to tell me that no Wings soul on this single earth would be happy for what happened, especially considering the Wings don't fight that much.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Because people cry about all the attention Crosby gets, yet they fixate on every single thing he does.

If that were someone other than Crosby, there's no thread here about it. I saw a fight in a Kings game a few days ago that was even funnier. The guys each took turns falling down and neither really got a punch off, one of them even did a somersault of sorts. Sad fights like this happen fairly often in the NHL but of course it was Sidney so it's the usual suspects looking for any reason to ***** about him, while simultaneously crying about the attention he gets.

It's not Crosby hate. It's the fact he's a big name. If some no-name did the same thing, as you suggest....you're right there would be no thread discussing it because no one would give a rat's ass. Now if some other big-name player did it too.....I would bet there would be a thread. No one cares what the nobodies do.

It's not Crosby hate. It's the fact he's a big name. If some no-name did the same thing, as you suggest....you're right there would be no thread discussing it because no one would give a rat's ass. Now if some other big-name player did it too.....I would bet there would be a thread. No one cares what the nobodies do.

Of course it's Crosby hate. Read the comments in this thread.

Then do a search in this forum for Crosby and look at all the other comments. It's not like people are posting threads here about great plays he makes. It's only the stupid s*** he does. Which a lot of players do night in and out in the league.

Even though Crosby does have some *****-like qualities about him, it's getting old. Especially because people's biggest complaint about him seems to be all the attention he gets over other players around the league.

people cry about the positive attention he gets, he deserves negative attention

ahh, so it's merely a journalistic responsibility to give a more "fair and balanced" view?

forget I said anything, resume yet another Crosby-hate circle jerk.

You'd think we played this guy every week for the attention he gets here. I'm just sick of hearing about the guy, good and bad.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Of course it's Crosby hate. Read the comments in this thread.

Then do a search in this forum for Crosby and look at all the other comments. It's not like people are posting threads here about great plays he makes. It's only the stupid s*** he does. Which a lot of players do night in and out in the league.

Even though Crosby does have some *****-like qualities about him, it's getting old. Especially because people's biggest complaint about him seems to be all the attention he gets over other players around the league.

If the media didn't overhype the SOB to the point of insanity, maybe then every little minute mistake he makes or boneheaded move he pulls wouldn't be talked about all the time.

I wasn't necessarily saying people DIDN'T hate him (I think he's a turd, personally), I was more speculating that there is another reason besides it that this thread (or any other like it) exists.

That fight actually impressed me. He manhandled McLean into a position where he could have just been feeding him uppercuts, but he didnt. Kept the punches above the shoulders and didn't try and sucker McLean. We will see how the Pens respond to this next game - maybe the rest of the guys will step up.

If Zetter or Datsyuk did this, you would all be having kittens and you know it.

I will say in Cindy's defence at least he knows that physical confrontation can happen in a hockey game. I'll quickly give all of you that that paticular 'physical confrontation' scored very high in total lameness, but it is what it is.

And there are a few guys that play for the wings that if they came up with that much, NOT in that manner (wait for the other guy to know it's a "fight" first at least, geez..) I would be happier.

Guest micah

I liked the Crosby fight, it's nice to see a little emotion out of a superstar. don't get me wrong, I wish he would have squared-up and done it right, but I don't demmand much from a superstar in his first NHL fight - I'm just happy to see that he had the sack to drop his gloves at all, and I'm happy to see that he's not a "oh, my hands are way too valuable to risk hurting in a fight" primadonna. Good on you, Sid.

That fight actually impressed me. He manhandled McLean into a position where he could have just been feeding him uppercuts, but he didnt. Kept the punches above the shoulders and didn't try and sucker McLean. We will see how the Pens respond to this next game - maybe the rest of the guys will step up.

Fight? What fight? Crosby did not fight, he is not man enough to face other player in a fair fight. But you are right, at least this time he did not hit his balls. :rolleyes:

Fortunately Pav and Hank aren't little ******* like Crosby. That was not a fight, it was an attack on a player who had no idea Crosby wants to "fight".

It never cease to amaze me how some people try to make it sound like Crosby is THE hero when in fact he is the loser and totally pathetic person.

Avery got 6 game suspension for "sloppy seconds", I wonder how many games would a player get if he'd do exactly what Crosby did. But of course Cindy is the face of the NHL, the saviour and bla bla bla so no suspension for attacking another player.

Edited by Reds4Life

Apparently some in Pitt are now tired of him.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09005/939608-125.stm

Q: Should the Penguins trade Sidney Crosby while they can still get top value for him? It is obvious that his skills are diminishing and his turnovers have cost us many games. This team needs a leader with some grit!

Donny Roy, McKeesport

MOLINARI: Absolutely. Even though Crosby has been pretty ordinary for most of the first half -- no doubt leading teams to conclude that, at age 21, his best years are far, far behind him -- you have to believe Ray Shero still might be able to steal a late-round draft choice for him from some club. Well, a conditional one, anyway. If he acts quickly, that is.

I admire the kids passion and I like him even more... not for his fighting but for his willingness. He can't fight, he's not a fighter but he will try to fight... sort of, if it came to it. He's definately better off sticking to his guns but I like the fact that he has a bite to him at times. Anyone remember Gretzky's attempt at fighting? It was 2 minutes of ring around the rosey without 1 punch being thrown.

I found the comments somewhat interesting for this... scrap...

McLean:

He said something before the drop but I really didn't pick up on it. So, I kind of wish I had now," McLean said. "Like I said, everyone can understand what he was trying to do for his team. He's their leader, their captain.""I've been in a few pretty poor fights in my day," McLean said, "so that just goes into another one of those."
Crosby:
"I asked him to go, and he said yes. And usually, yes means yes," Crosby said. "I mean, I wouldn't have wasted 20 minutes in the box for that. I guess he didn't take me serious. I don't know, it wasn't worth 20 minutes, though, that's for sure."

Boynton:

"That was just embarrassing," Boynton said. "I can understand a little bit what he was trying to do, but that's a not a very professional move.. That's pretty immature and childish.

At least Crosby knows it was a waste of time...

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Q: Should the Penguins trade Sidney Crosby while they can still get top value for him? It is obvious that his skills are diminishing and his turnovers have cost us many games. This team needs a leader with some grit!

Donny Roy, McKeesport

MOLINARI: Absolutely. Even though Crosby has been pretty ordinary for most of the first half -- no doubt leading teams to conclude that, at age 21, his best years are far, far behind him -- you have to believe Ray Shero still might be able to steal a late-round draft choice for him from some club. Well, a conditional one, anyway. If he acts quickly, that is.

Im wanting to think that comment was sarcasm at its best...... :)

No, not really. Speaking only for myself, of course. If Hank punched someone in the balls from behind I would be more livid than impressed. I'd demand Babcock bench him for acting like a damn fool. We don't need that s***. If you're going to fight, fight face to face. The only time I have ever condoned a Red Wing NOT fighting face to face was the Brawl back in 1997. There was something else behind that fight beyond just "I don't like you, let's go".

Fight? What fight? Crosby did not fight, he is not man enough to face other player in a fair fight. But you are right, at least this time he did not hit his balls. :rolleyes:

Fortunately Pav and Hank aren't little ******* like Crosby. That was not a fight, it was an attack on a player who had no idea Crosby wants to "fight".

It never cease to amaze me how some people try to make it sound like Crosby is THE hero when in fact he is the loser and totally pathetic person.

Avery got 6 game suspension for "sloppy seconds", I wonder how many games would a player get if he'd do exactly what Crosby did. But of course Cindy is the face of the NHL, the saviour and bla bla bla so no suspension for attacking another player.

No one in hockey would get a suspension for rag dolling a guy like Crosby did. Half of you claim this wasn't even a fight, and this guy says his actions are suspendable? Are you nuts?

You can hate Crosby and think he isn't the best player in the league - there is nothing wrong with that, but how can you call him a loser and a totally pathetic person?

Its like arguing with a bunch of 13 year olds on this site now.

Take a look at the Semin fight - then you can start calling people pathetic.

Edited by Yzerfan1999

Donny Roy, McKeesport

Lol. What a hilarious response! Exposed the ridiculousness of the question beautifully.

How so? Explain yourself instead of just calling me a retard and running away.

Homer bias. Every team has it, and it wasn't hard for Penguins fans getting jacked up for what Crosby did because Crosby plays for the Penguins. If a Wings player did the same thing, you mean to tell me that no Wings soul on this single earth would be happy for what happened, especially considering the Wings don't fight that much.

Haha! I'm back! (Had to go be Dad for a while). My point is this whole idea of "If player X was a Red Wing while committing ridiculous act Y then everyone would love him" is not only far from the truth, it's completely irrelevant. I'm sure there are plenty of Pitt fans that LOVE what Crosby did, does that make it any less cheap or *****-like? Even if the whole world cheered him on as he did it, would that make it any better? It was a ***** move only magnified by the fact that he is the league's Chosen One that we all must idolize as the physical embodiment of everything great about the NHL. And everytime somebody here starts ragging on "Player Y" they get the "if he was a Red Wing you'd love it" BS.

Just pointing out the absurdity of that point cause it always seems to rear it's ugly head in discussions such as these. If it wasn't you who said it, it would've certainly been someone else very shortly.

Better?

esteef

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Is there anyone in the NHL more *****-tastic than Sidney Crosby? My mom could throw down better than this guy.

Sure there are. Just look at the Wings roster. Crosby has 1 fighting major this year. How many do Hudler, Dats, Z, Franzen, Homer, Flip, Hossa, Cleary, and on and on and on....have?

First, I would hardly call that a fight. Second, his team was getting whipped at home and he did something about it. Sure, it wasn't Domi/Probert but jeez people, at least he tried to do something fight wise.

For people to focus on Sid's lack of raw pugilistic ability instead of on the fact that at least he is willing to drop his gloves and do something just shows the level of idiocy that rages around LGW when it comes to Crosby haters.

If Zetterberg had grabbed a guy and tried tossing him around like that LGW would be buzzing with talk of how Z is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Crosby does it and it's nothing except "he's a *****", "he can't fight", "what a *****".

Ugghhhh, LGW should ban all Crosby threads as it forces too many people to shut their brains off before they type.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Regardless of whether or not Crosby is telling the truth in his post-game comments (he said that they had agreed to fight), it was quite apparent that McLean was NOT ready. You don't grab someone who isn't even looking at you, pull their jersey over their head, and begin to wail on them (and it wasn't so much punching as it was dragging around the ice). Maybe Crosby needs the s*** kicked out of him once or twice to teach him a lesson.

Guys who talk about fighting right before a faceoff drop them immediately all the time. Sometimes they'll take a step back and square up, sometimes they just start swinging. Personally, if I were Crosby and Mcclean agreed to go, I would assume he was ready and by God, i'd have done everything I could to get the first shot in. Happens all the time.