135 replies to this topic

#21 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

That fight or whatever you wanted to call it was fast.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#22 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:49 AM

God that was horrible. Crosby totally sneak attacked him while he was focusing on the faceoff. Crosby had two punches in before the guy even realized Crosby wanted to fight. Jesus, Crosby, you're really making it hard for people to see past the "nhl whoring" to the fact that you're "really a good and classy hockey player". Long live Yzerman.

#23 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:00 AM

I don't get it. Was there some prelude to this fight, or did Crosby really just haul off and start beating on McLean? Looked like a Tootoo special without any power behind it.
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#24 Blueliner

Blueliner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

The girl needs to learn how to fight with the big boys. You don't just jump on someone's back when they aren't looking. I like how a ***** ass ***** is the poster boy for a league with some of the toughest athletes out there.

#25 TheUkrainian

TheUkrainian

The Ukrainian One

• PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (YoungGuns1340 @ January 4, 2009 - 01:00AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't get it. Was there some prelude to this fight, or did Crosby really just haul off and start beating on McLean? Looked like a Tootoo special without any power behind it.

Before the faceoff they were talking a lot, I think they were going to fight eventually, but crosby knew he was going to get wailed on so he made sure he started it and caught McLean by surprise. To clear it up for so me people, I don't hate crosby nor do I ***** about him. I just think that he does get special treatment sometimes, and people speak of him as if he's god. Yes, he is a superstar, but I consider players that are skilled in all aspects of the game (offense and defense) to be more valuable IMO. Oh, and I do not sit and scan news to see if Crosby is involved. I was checking Yahoo NHL and this was one of the links. People that complain about people who complain about Crosby are as bad the the other people. Wow, that was a mouthful.
Wish List: Stanley Cup!
100% pure Ukranian

#26 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (TheUkrainian @ January 4, 2009 - 01:12AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Before the faceoff they were talking a lot, I think they were going to fight eventually, but crosby knew he was going to get wailed on so he made sure he started it and caught McLean by surprise. To clear it up for so me people, I don't hate crosby nor do I ***** about him. I just think that he does get special treatment sometimes, and people speak of him as if he's god. Yes, he is a superstar, but I consider players that are skilled in all aspects of the game (offense and defense) to be more valuable IMO. Oh, and I do not sit and scan news to see if Crosby is involved. I was checking Yahoo NHL and this was one of the links. People that complain about people who complain about Crosby are as bad the the other people. Wow, that was a mouthful.

Yeah I heard that Crosby and McLean were saying that they wanted to go, but it was pretty clear that McLean wasn't ready.
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#27 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (YoungGuns1340 @ January 4, 2009 - 01:00AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pretty much.

Pathetic showing by Crosby... He did manage to cut him somehow with those punches though.

#28 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:40 AM

Just funny two things 1) He jumbed Mclean and 2) He's fighting with a visor on. I really hope someone smacks him up in a fight.

#29 Coolio Mendez

Coolio Mendez

Beware of the Franzensteiner!

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

You guys thought Crosby's fight was bad check out Semins

TeeMan is Da Man!

#30 cupps

cupps

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (Tr!PoD#19 @ January 4, 2009 - 01:25AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty much.

Pathetic showing by Crosby... He did manage to cut him somehow with those punches though.

He probably caught him with one of his ***** nails.
s*** like this makes me so mad. Regardless of the player.

He didn't even give Mclean a second to realize what was about to happen. Crosby knows he would've had his ass handed to him. Sad display.

#31 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:45 AM

Greg Campbell was giving it to Crosby pretty good all game before this, McLean started running his mouth at him too. Crosby ripped him around pretty good, if he had thrown any punches at all he would've pummled him, I honestly dont know how you can get that mad, and then not throw any decent punches..

#NOMOREKINDL

#32 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:12 AM

Crosby is such af****** *****. If he wanted to drop the gloves in a face off, that'd be awesome, but he's a *****. He's just pulling his jersey back and forth.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#33 Yzerman191

Yzerman191

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:18 AM

Regardless of whether or not Crosby is telling the truth in his post-game comments (he said that they had agreed to fight), it was quite apparent that McLean was NOT ready. You don't grab someone who isn't even looking at you, pull their jersey over their head, and begin to wail on them (and it wasn't so much punching as it was dragging around the ice). Maybe Crosby needs the s*** kicked out of him once or twice to teach him a lesson.

#34 SoDakWing

SoDakWing

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Chelichic @ January 3, 2009 - 10:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So.. is that the new way to fight in the NHL? just pull him around the ice... Why to go Crosby.. you "fight" like a girl.

no you just complemented him... he fights like a little *****.

#35 shannyfan1414

shannyfan1414

We will miss you Shanny!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:26 AM

I like how it seemed as though Crosby never let go of the jersey when trying to punch his shoulder pad.

As for the guy that said he fights like a girl, well i have seen alot of girls that put up a much better fight then that.

One more reason for me to hate this kid.

Thanks TeeMan

#36 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:35 AM

The announcers crack me up... you would think you were witnessing something historic there.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#37 Reilly

Reilly

Winning debates all across LGW.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:10 AM

Uh, yeah, I don't think a 30 year old man is ever going to punch a 21 year old in this league.

#38 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:57 AM

While I do think that was almost a Tootoo'esque move by Crosby, I willl grudgiinly admit that it appeared to be more a frustration move than him just being a *****.

But that Semin fight.....wow. That was damn funny.
thanks offsides!

#39 aflac9262

aflac9262

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:08 AM

All this video needs now is Benny Hill music tongue.gif
This has to be one of the saddest "fights" in NHL history.

#40 Spinner

Spinner

4th line spectator

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:14 AM

I bet Crosby tries to kiss and makeup before the next time they play each other so he doesn't get his azz kicked
He found the key to success 4 hours before he found the hole in his pocket.