135 replies to this topic

#121 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ January 6, 2009 - 08:18PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Non crosby haters (like myself) can go an entire NHL season without starting a single Crosby thread.

For the record, I have never started a Crosby thread. I merely fan the flames.

...back to your regularly scheduled programs folks....

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#122 DatsMyWings13

DatsMyWings13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:15 PM

Why are so many people playing captain save a ho? If people want to dog Crosby that is their choice, I see no reason to try and tell people they are wrong for hating him and then start dogging our team instead. At the same time I don't see why Crosby gets so much hate, if anything he has helped the game grow in popularity. But if you're hating keep hating cause I find it funny.

#123 servo

servo

Where will we hang this one?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ January 7, 2009 - 01:11AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please, pretty please elaborate on that.

Oh right, I get it, it's because he complains to the refs. Shouldn't the other 29 team captains in the league sit this little turd down and explain to him that arguing calls is just wimpy, ***** like behavior? rolleyes.gif

Sense of entitlement? I tell you, LGW is starting to look like Arkham Asylum with all the crazies running around.

It's not that he constantly whines. All players will chirp at the refs when things aren't going their way or they fell like the call was biased against him. His entitlement is clearly seen in every single interview he gives. He lacks major leadership qualities and comes off as pompous, arrogant and entitled. Great hockey player yes, but he has a long way to go to until the HOF.

As for his “fight”, I didn’t watch the game, so I don’t know what lead up his jersey shakedown, but he should leave fighting to the big boys. It would be a shame to see someone injure him because he doesn’t know how to protect himself.

I know exactly what I'm saying, so that when I'm fired, it won't be a slip of the tounge. Everything I say, I want to say. Don Cherry

#124 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (servo @ January 7, 2009 - 12:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not that he constantly whines. All players will chirp at the refs when things aren't going their way or they fell like the call was biased against him. His entitlement is clearly seen in every single interview he gives. He lacks major leadership qualities and comes off as pompous, arrogant and entitled. Great hockey player yes, but he has a long way to go to until the HOF.

As for his “fight”, I didn’t watch the game, so I don’t know what lead up his jersey shakedown, but he should leave fighting to the big boys. It would be a shame to see someone injure him because he doesn’t know how to protect himself.

If anybody would like to back up Servo's claim, please do so and please provide examples. For years, all Crosby has done in interviews is say the "right things". I have never seen an interview, read an article or even heard of anyone claiming what you are claiming in regards to interviews. I recall his rookie and 2nd seasons many people discussing how he is humble in interviews and does not appear to have a pompous, arrogant attitude given his fame. Literally, you are the first person in 4+ years is it now, that I have ever seen make that assertion. I would love more info on this, maybe some examples too.

PS; there's lots of great interviews on sid on youtube, and he seems very humble to me. check out the 1 with him and AO, presser before last year's ASG I believe. Watch that and tell me the kid is pompous and has a sense of entitlement?

Anyway, here's a fun one that I had never seen before and featuring one of my all time favorite Wings and players: SHANNY!

Edited by GordieSid&Ted, 07 January 2009 - 01:17 PM.

Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#125 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ January 6, 2009 - 08:18PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They want to smell his jock after a game.

WTF? I'm trying to eat, here.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#126 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

Can I criticize Crosby without being berated on here for it?

Seriously guys just because other players do certain things doesn't make them any better.

#127 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ January 8, 2009 - 03:07PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I criticize Crosby without being berated on here for it?

Seriously guys just because other players do certain things doesn't make them any better.

Probably not.

And to be fair to those like myself who do the berating. If the Crosby haters didn't start a thread for every single thing he does that they don't like, it probably wouldn't be a big deal. But since they do, it has become a broken record and I for one don't want LGW to become the home of bashing Sidney Crosby. Let the Flyers board do that.

And the haters in my mind are such hypocrites. All they do is say that Crosby annoys them, that he gets far too much attention, that he doesn't deserve all the attention and then out of the other side of their mouth they point out that just because he's Sidney Crosby he shouldn't get any slack for pulling bulls*** or for whining to the refs or whatever.

So which is it? So when he is just playing the game and playing it well he shouldn't get so much attention because there are other great players.

Or

When he does something wrong, OMFG! Let's nitpick and point out everything b/c he's not just like every other player and we need to point out all his faults.

If Sid shouldn't be getting so much attention when there are other great players out there, then by all means the haters are free to nitpick everything that AO or Malkin or Thornton or anybody else does. When they start doing that, i'll start buying their bulls*** that Sid shouldn't get so much attention or shouldn't be the league's poster child.

#128 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ January 8, 2009 - 03:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably not.

And to be fair to those like myself who do the berating. If the Crosby haters didn't start a thread for every single thing he does that they don't like, it probably wouldn't be a big deal. But since they do, it has become a broken record and I for one don't want LGW to become the home of bashing Sidney Crosby. Let the Flyers board do that.

And the haters in my mind are such hypocrites. All they do is say that Crosby annoys them, that he gets far too much attention, that he doesn't deserve all the attention and then out of the other side of their mouth they point out that just because he's Sidney Crosby he shouldn't get any slack for pulling bulls*** or for whining to the refs or whatever.

So which is it? So when he is just playing the game and playing it well he shouldn't get so much attention because there are other great players.

Or

When he does something wrong, OMFG! Let's nitpick and point out everything b/c he's not just like every other player and we need to point out all his faults.

If Sid shouldn't be getting so much attention when there are other great players out there, then by all means the haters are free to nitpick everything that AO or Malkin or Thornton or anybody else does. When they start doing that, i'll start buying their bulls*** that Sid shouldn't get so much attention or shouldn't be the league's poster child.

I'll admit that Crosby jumping a guy shouldn't really matter on a Wings board but the "crotch punching" incident was pretty unique and worthy of discussion here.

The guy gets the most attention out of any player. On HFboards there is an ad asking if I have a higher IQ than Sidney Crosby every time I do anything there. It gets annoying. Just like it would be annoying to see any other star get that much attention.

My view on Crosby is he is a kid with a lot of emotion but doesn't really know how to deal with it yet. He gets incredibly ornery at times and just loses it in inapropriate moments. He will mature over time.

#129 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ January 8, 2009 - 09:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably not.

Or

What the heck is wrong with hating Sidney Crosby? Are you going to determine what can and cannot be posted? Are you kidding me? Anyone can start thread about anything as long as it's not against board rules and if you do not like it then do not read it. Simple as that.

Edited by Reds4Life, 09 January 2009 - 06:34 AM.

#130 Holmstrom96Screens

Holmstrom96Screens

# 96

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (Reds4Life @ January 9, 2009 - 07:57AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What the heck is wrong with hating Sidney Crosby?

Nothing. I explained to him that people will complain about him because fans expect more (and at least try to be on better behavior crosby won't be perfect all the time, and we know this, and we shouldn't expect him to, because nobody is perfect) of the person who carries the title of 'face of the NHL' , more so than a regular player or a player who is merely the face of a single franchise.

#131 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:39 AM

Haha I think its hilarious this thread is still lingering. Love him if you want, Hate him if you want... who cares! But keep these never ending lynch threads off the board.

#132 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (Reds4Life @ January 9, 2009 - 06:27AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What the heck is wrong with hating Sidney Crosby? Are you going to determine what can and cannot be posted? Are you kidding me? Anyone can start thread about anything as long as it's not against board rules and if you do not like it then do not read it. Simple as that.

Oh brother. Yes, that is my intention. I want to tell everybody what they can and can't post. Grow up and get a clue. And did I ever say ANYWHERE that there's anything wrong with hating Sidney Crosby. No, I didn't. All I've been saying is that it is getting old seeing so many Crosby bash threads on LGW.

Come up with something better than the old "change the channel/don't read it" argument. Look around, i'm not the only LGWer sick and tired of bash threads over every little thing Crosby does. If people want to bash Crosby relentlessly, they canf****** go over to the Flyers board and to that s*** where there are plenty more like minded people.

LGW doesn't need to be the home of bashing Sidney Crosby. That's just my opinion. Don't preach to me. You're nobody to be preaching to me. Really, you're nobody to me.

#133 DatsMyWings13

DatsMyWings13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ January 9, 2009 - 07:25AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh brother. Yes, that is my intention. I want to tell everybody what they can and can't post. Grow up and get a clue. And did I ever say ANYWHERE that there's anything wrong with hating Sidney Crosby. No, I didn't. All I've been saying is that it is getting old seeing so many Crosby bash threads on LGW.

Come up with something better than the old "change the channel/don't read it" argument. Look around, i'm not the only LGWer sick and tired of bash threads over every little thing Crosby does. If people want to bash Crosby relentlessly, they canf****** go over to the Flyers board and to that s*** where there are plenty more like minded people.

LGW doesn't need to be the home of bashing Sidney Crosby. That's just my opinion. Don't preach to me. You're nobody to be preaching to me. Really, you're nobody to me.

Bitching about people bitching is more annoying than the people bitching in the first place.

#134 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (DatsMyWings13 @ January 9, 2009 - 10:06AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bitching about people bitching is more annoying than the people bitching in the first place.

A necessary evil.

#135 DatsMyWings13

DatsMyWings13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ January 9, 2009 - 09:04AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A necessary evil.

I actually don't mind bitching either way because threads like these give me something entertaining to read at work. Some very funny posts come out of threads like these.

#136 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ January 9, 2009 - 09:25AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If people want to bash Crosby relentlessly, they canf****** go over to the Flyers board and to that s*** where there are plenty more like minded people.

But the Flyers board told everybody to come over here? tongue.gif tease.gif

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."