• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingfan1991

pavel red wings live interview

Rate this topic

after the game last night against columbus, red wings live aired and had interview with datsyuk.. this was HILAIRIOUS! by chance does anyone have it so i can laugh again? he goes on about his russian christmas and how theres too many interview questions and he wants to go celebrate. classic!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have it but I've no idea how to post it to You Tube. I'm so technologically disinclined. I can send it to you if you like, and you can do with it whatever. PM me if you want a copy of it.

You're right, it was absolutely classic. He's just a blast to interview and to talk to anytime. I've enjoyed the times I've had to talk to him at training camp. He's got a great sense of humor, and he's really a nice guy.

I couldn't understand half the things he said but I could still understand what he was saying. If you know what I mean ^_^

Edited by DYags

I have it but I've no idea how to post it to You Tube. I'm so technologically disinclined. I can send it to you if you like, and you can do with it whatever. PM me if you want a copy of it.

You're right, it was absolutely classic. He's just a blast to interview and to talk to anytime. I've enjoyed the times I've had to talk to him at training camp. He's got a great sense of humor, and he's really a nice guy.

do you have it on your computer or taped on dvd/pvr? hoepfully its pc and we can give you instructions on uploading it.

Guest mindfly

Datsyuk is funny and down-to-earth guy although I think his english should've been much better considering how many years he's been in the USA and played in NHL.. 8th season or something?

But then again, some russians seem to have a very hard time with the language, semin and malkin still use a interpreter etc?

Ovechkin and kovalchuck seem to be pretty decent for whatever reason

How good was Fedorov's english in his 8th season?

Edited by mindfly

Datsyuk is funny and down-to-earth guy although I think his english should've been much better considering how many years he's been in the USA and played in NHL.. 8th season or something?

But then again, some russians seem to have a very hard time with the language, semin and malkin still use a interpreter etc?

Okay, then what's Homer's excuse and he's been here 13 years, :yowza:

English and Russian are very different forms of language. The reason Swedish players have such ease with English is because they are both tier one languages. Russian is a tier three language and is very very difficult language to learn. It's not hard to understand the least bit that most of the guys in the non rich parts of Russia don't learn English until they are required to move to the states.

I challenge any of you to learn Russian and see how far you come in 8 years ;) I've been learning it for two years, it is a very difficult language to learn and I would like to think I am pretty intellectual (toot toot)

OP: Please please someone upload this video!!!

Russian players in general seem to have a hard time with english.. same goes for Finnish players, who might learn the language but they just never seem to be able to get the pronounciation correct. I guess it has to do with what Konnan is saying, those languages are very different from most others.

Swedish people have a pretty easy time learning english, but we also start learning it very early in school. Still, Holmstrom's english is more in line with the way most swedes talk than Lidstrom who sounds like he's lived in the US his entire life.

..well, actually Holmstrom is pretty damn bad at it even by Swedish standards.. :D

Edited by dat's sick

Guest mindfly

Homer is using the words "for sure" like 5times every interview, that's his trademark.. "for sure"

do you have it on your computer or taped on dvd/pvr? hoepfully its pc and we can give you instructions on uploading it.

I have it on DVD, but I am so technologically illiterate it's not funny. I'll tell you what...if anyone of you is going to be at the game tomorrow night against Dallas, I'll make a copy and bring it with me. I'll be happy to meet up with the first one of you who shows up and wants it. I'll be wearing an away (white) autographed Pasha jersey and a cream colored fedora. I'm also sending a copy to Crossover Thrash. I'll be along the top of the lower bowl somewhere.

I'm sending a copy to Crossover Thrash, but the offer stands for tomorrow night. If you are technically inclined and you want to go ahead and meet at the game tomorrow night, I'll have a copy with me. But if you post it, do not give me any credit for it. I prefer to remain anonymous.

English and Russian are very different forms of language. The reason Swedish players have such ease with English is because they are both tier one languages. Russian is a tier three language and is very very difficult language to learn. It's not hard to understand the least bit that most of the guys in the non rich parts of Russia don't learn English until they are required to move to the states.

I challenge any of you to learn Russian and see how far you come in 8 years ;) I've been learning it for two years, it is a very difficult language to learn and I would like to think I am pretty intellectual (toot toot)

I've been learning it sporadically for a couple years now as well, and I have to agree. It's a very different language, from the alphabet on up. They conjugate freaking everything. I married a native speaker, and even with her help, it's tough. From what I gather, learning English as a Russian speaker is equally difficult.

She moved here around 17 years ago, and, while she's miles ahead of Dats, I still find myself correcting her english at least once a day (she has a standing order for me that I do so). English is so full of exceptions and odd pronunciations that it's damn near impossible to get it right from a textbook. I mean, look at how many native English speakers can't even get "there, their, they're" or "your, you're" right.

Based on my wife's experience, English speakers have a much harder time with accents or small pronunciations than people learning Russian, for exactly that reason. If you mangle a pronunciation, but follow the rules of the Russian language, they'll pick up on your meaning, whereas if you mess up a single vowel sound or emphasize the wrong syllable in English, it often leads to a "huh?"

Sorry for the ramble. Guess I coulda just said: "cut Dats some slack."

Edited by Uncle Danny

Russian players in general seem to have a hard time with english.. same goes for Finnish players, who might learn the language but they just never seem to be able to get the pronounciation correct. I guess it has to do with what Konnan is saying, those languages are very different from most others.

Finnish is definitely a weird one- not related linguistically Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, or Danish in any way shape or form, and it's classified in the same language family as Estonian, and I think Hugarian.

Anyone remember when the Wings had that celebration thing at the Joe after they won the cup in 2001-2002, where the players said speeches? Pavel after being in the US for a year, got up in front of thousands of people and read his speech. The English was hard to understand, but I loved how he finished it, "Thank you....all....of....you". How many people would get in front of all those people and speak a language you hardly know?

I've been learning it sporadically for a couple years now as well, and I have to agree. It's a very different language, from the alphabet on up. They conjugate freaking everything...

Well, I have to agree and disagree at the same time.

While I agree that both languages are extremely different I don't think English is that hard to learn for Russians. I moved to US in 2001 which is pretty much when Dats had his rookie season. My English knowledge was zero to none at that time and while I am considering myself a slow learner I think I can give pretty decent speeches now even I tend to think that I am a bit shy and I had language barrier a bit longer than some of my friends that came at about same time.

So the bottom line - Dats should've progressed more as far as his language skills go all things considered (only russian on the team, played for a long time, etc.)