43 replies to this topic

#41 DatsMyWings13

DatsMyWings13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (Kira @ January 8, 2009 - 12:02AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am technologically challenged. I did, however, marry a techno genius who loves a challenge. So he has converted the interview and it is loading on You Tube as we speak. Bless Terry's heart for doing this - there is a reason I lovingly call him Dr. Science. As soon as it gets done loading I'll post the link to it.

Hope this works!

It works! Yay! Terry did apologize for the dead air at the end. But hey, for a first time editing job, not half bad! Thanks to my beloved Dr. Science! wub.gif

Thank you for posting the video. I always enjoy his interviews.

#42 TCfan1340

TCfan1340

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (dekeyuk @ January 8, 2009 - 10:51AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His English may or may not be so hot, but you know what? Thank the Lord Almighty he doesn't have the hockey player monotone that you hear on 98% of interviews with all hockey players. "Well you know, we just stuck to our game plan out there and just focused on getting the puck went in the net. It was a good game and you know they battled hard, but we stuck to our system..." and on and on and on... and on. From Crosby to Lidstrom to the lowest level player they all do this and it is sooooooooooo boring and rarely informative. There are very few players who can actually present a personality in these interviews and Dats is one. Shanny was another, maybe Osgood too, but that's about it.

Hope he had a nice Russian Orthodox Christmas after all that!

P.S. Anyone know how to look up takeaway stats? With the NHL's new site design they no longer have this available - from what I can tell. It used to be under a category of something like "RTSS Stats." Gee, what a great new design, I can no longer find the things I used to.

P.S.S. Found it somewhere else: http://stats.hockeya...yertakeaway.php
Malkin is #1 and Dats #2! This just isn't right! :-)

I think the new nhl.com site is worse than the old one, much too dificult to find what you are looking for. To find the takeaway stats : click on stats, then I usually go to points leaders and click on all stats, above the players names will be a grey box with a list of statistics, you have to click on hits, when those stats come up it will show takeaways and if you click on takeaways it will list them in order of who has the most.

#43 Lidstromrules16

Lidstromrules16

the best thing about life is knowing you put it together- T. Rez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

Thanks Kira!! I loved the part when he was like "you hold me all night, guess you like to talk to me" or something like that. he looked really ready to celebrate smile.gif

#44 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

Thank you Kira (and Mr. Science!) for uploading the interview. I think he's quickly becoming my absolute favorite player on the team. He's got a sense of humor, he's smart, he's waaaaaay talented....aren't we the lucky ones!

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor