• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

1/7 GDT: Griffins 6, IceHogs 5 - Shootout @ GR

Rate this topic

Rockford IceHogs (19-14-0-3) @ Grand Rapids Griffins (21-8-4-3)

69ffac7b1e32a6535012cf5fc6c0c1b5.300.jpg @ 0c106b0f016bb1daa2eb7543376e8bf5.300.jpg

Rockford carry a three game win streak as they come to town to take on the North Division leading Grand Rapids Griffins. Jimmy Howard has been strong in net of late and will most likely get the start tonight. The Griffins are coming off a 2-1 win at the hands of Ritola's 12th of the season late in regulation.

Cory Emmerton was a healthy scratch the past game and Jan Mursak took his spot in the line-up and had 3 SOG and -1. Emmerton has been struggling and only has 1 point from his past 7 games. Mursak only has 3 points all season and is still without a goal. Defenceman Sergei Kolosov appears to have cemented his spot in the line-up and will likely be paired with Stafford.

Possible line-up:

Leino - Abdelkader - Tardif
Lemieux - McGrath - Pare
Ritola - Emmerton - Haydar
Oulahen - Helm - Downey

Ericsson - Jozsa
Galvin - Kindl
Kolosov - Stafford

Howard
Larsson

Team Leaders:

Goals: Haydar (14), Ritola (12)
Assists: Leino (20), Kindl (17)
Penalty Minutes: Downey (60), Abdelkader (53)

Notes:

• Captain Darren Haydar is now tied for the team lead in points and has 7 points in 7 games.
• Evan McGrath has 10 points from the past 11 games (4-6-10)

TV/Radio:

Internet stream: Pay-per-view AHL Live

Radio: Grand Rapids Broadcast: Radio feed

Box Score

Damnit, I want to watch a Griffins game. I tried to use the PPV thing but they dont take my card.

No fair...

That sucks that it won't work for you. I haven't tried it yet. I'm about an hour away but I try to make a game at least every other week they are definitly a lot of fun and always a good game.

The Griffins are up 2-0 within the first five minutes of the period.

This was a weird game, where you knew there was going to be alot of scoring, and it seemed like both teams just hoped that when they dust settled, they'd be on top. Ericsson made a nice play on D, at the beginning of the game when everyone was scoring to keep a guy from getting a shot off. They were both rushing back, Ericsson tangled him up, and he never got the shot off.

Larsson showed up in the shootout, and stopped a couple. It was REALLY nice to see that happen. If he is getting better at that aspect of his game, too, Jimmy better watch out.