• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JayUp88

Lidstrom & Datsyuk Make All Star Team

Rate this topic

The NHL needs standards for the All Stars. Every team does NOT need a rep. It's like affirmative action for hockey. Take the best players. If every team gets a rep, then the players who deserve to go don't get to because they need to make room.

I also think conduct should be a factor. I think that if a player got suspended once from the beginning of the season through the week of the All Star Game, then you forfeit your right to play. Maybe then Pronger etc. would learn.

Every fan should get one vote, and also I think the players should get to vote once each. No more popularity contest.

How about having fan voting for those to participate in the skills competition and leave selecting the real team to writers/coaches/players, etc. That way the skills competition can have representation from every team and fans selections and the game can feature all the players that actually deserve to be there.

I don't agree with the notion that the voting is a joke. Every fan has the same opportunity to vote for their favorite player and clearly the Penguins, Habs, Ducks, and Hawks were more organized in their grassroots efforts to stack the line-up. We could have done it if we'd wanted to.

It's not like those starting lines are full of terrible players. And honestly anyone from our team would be boring at the ASG because they don't think "individual" like someone like AO. They think "team" and that makes them boring in things like skills competitions. Kane, Toews, and Getzlaf are great players and will probably have instant chemistry.

I also agree with trying to get every team represented. It's responsible PR, and as frustrated as many Wings fans are that Hossa or Zetterberg are missing, imagine how the Kings fans would feel if their highly skilled and exciting captain was shunned.

Even with all that pro-establishment rhetoric, I've found the ASG to be pretty boring, but I like the player interaction with the media. I enjoy watching people enjoy themselves I guess.

This.

Every year, we go through this avalanche of people claiming not to care about the ASG, then complaining about it anyway. :zzz: If you don't care, then don't care. If you do care, well, then I just feel sorry for you.

What the league needs to do is to remove all the undeserving jokers that the fans voted into the game to make it more legitimate.

Maybe it needs to give GMs veto power to override some fan votes, or something like that.

Funny how Montreal fans always rip on certain players, and then vote them into the game anyway. Hypocritical bastards.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Are you hinting, Dmitriy, that someone might take that weekend off and go on a well-deserved vacation??? If so, tell him for me to have a good time.

Lidstrom, Rafa, Dats, Franzen, Zata and Hossa all deserve to go, waaaaaay before many players that actually "made it" lol. I think Rafalski and Boyle deserve to start but hey Wienermeyer and Campbell are much more deserving lol, they need Campbell "the ballerina" to perform his little side show tricks, this is a circus.

I wish Lids and Dats were just like no thank you, just put it in Bettmans face, we dont want to be in your little circus. Rest up instead and let the clowns play (Crosby, Kane, Campbell).

All-Star Game = Useless

Edited by Yak19

I don't agree with the notion that the voting is a joke. Every fan has the same opportunity to vote for their favorite player

The voting isn't a joke, what is a joke is "voting often." If every fan could vote once, and only once, it would be fair. But the reason their are so many Ducks and Canadian's in the line up is using scripts to vote multiple times at once.

An easy solution to this whole debacle would of been simply saying, each team can only send a maximum of 2 players. So in the Canadians case, the 2 players with the highest number of votes would make the all-star game.

Let's face it, the starting line ups for both East and West, suck. Giguere, Campbell, and Niedermayer don't deserve to be in the game at all. No Canadian deserves to start, especially Price and Komisarek. Komisarek? 3 points? That's freaking awful. At least the other players the NHL named to the west all deserve it.

I don't agree with the notion that the voting is a joke. Every fan has the same opportunity to vote for their favorite player and clearly the Penguins, Habs, Ducks, and Hawks were more organized in their grassroots efforts to stack the line-up. We could have done it if we'd wanted to.

It's not like those starting lines are full of terrible players. And honestly anyone from our team would be boring at the ASG because they don't think "individual" like someone like AO. They think "team" and that makes them boring in things like skills competitions. Kane, Toews, and Getzlaf are great players and will probably have instant chemistry.

I also agree with trying to get every team represented. It's responsible PR, and as frustrated as many Wings fans are that Hossa or Zetterberg are missing, imagine how the Kings fans would feel if their highly skilled and exciting captain was shunned.

Even with all that pro-establishment rhetoric, I've found the ASG to be pretty boring, but I like the player interaction with the media. I enjoy watching people enjoy themselves I guess.

I got what you are talking about the starting line-up. I know Habs' fans are really wanting their players to be on the ASG.

But come on, guess you never read any news about the voting of ASG? Don't know who did but one guy made an automatic voting program to increase the total number of votings Habs players get. Well, the problem is also up to Bettman that made a fragile voting system, which allows everyone to vote endlessly.

Bettman probably in love with Crosby too much. Gonchar and Whitney are on the ballot over Chara.. are you kidding me? They missed the most season by injury, well especially Gonchar. And Kovalev over Ovechkin? Haha, probably the dog will laugh at this. Kovalev has made only 28 points this season so far. And one more joke, Komisarek? Because I did not watch the Habs game thats probably why I don't know him but still, he even does not deserve to be the candidate of ASG.

ASG is surely for fun and players are selected by fans. But the league has to make some changes, Price over Thomas? This garbage league looks not caring about the stats and real skill of deserved players at all.

All-Star Game = Useless

The actual game is terrible to watch. I find no appeal in watching a game with little hitting, the goalies not really trying, and nothing on the line. It's meaningless. They should go back to North America vs. World, that was always a good time.

Also the skills competition is pretty entertaining! Datysuk hopefully will show off more then last year :P

And some people say NHL should copy the way of ASG by MLB. I agree with the voting but not the winning conference take a home advantage of SCF.

In MLB, even though AL has looked to be better than NL for a quite long time, there is not really a big gap between AL and NL. But in NHL, West is really much better than East.

Why does everyone think that the players train hard for the AS Game? Saying I'm glad so and so aren't in it so they can rest, it's not like they are going to be giving any effort on the ice, this game is just a glorified shinny game much like the NBA As game.

And some people say NHL should copy the way of ASG by MLB. I agree with the voting but not the winning conference take a home advantage of SCF.

In MLB, even though AL has looked to be better than NL for a quite long time, there is not really a big gap between AL and NL. But in NHL, West is really much better than East.

Ehhh, that's debatable, the NL as a whole sucks haha. Very large gap between NL and AL teams, hence the ridiculous winning percentages the AL has ever time during the season during interleague play.

At least Hank won't get injured this year. It's a sign.

Where's Pronger? If they have the Face of the NHL starting in the East, shouldn't the Buttocks of the NHL be starting for the West?

At least the West coaches should be good. I believe it will be Babs and Todd, right?

At least Hank won't get injured this year. It's a sign.

Where's Pronger? If they have the Face of the NHL starting in the East, shouldn't the Buttocks of the NHL be starting for the West?

At least the West coaches should be good. I believe it will be Babs and Todd, right?

I know you were kidding, but honestly I think Pronger deserves to be there more than Niedermayer. Aside from having a couple more goals and a slightly better +/-, I think Pronger is a more integral part of the Anaheim defense than Niedermayer.

I know you were kidding, but honestly I think Pronger deserves to be there more than Niedermayer. Aside from having a couple more goals and a slightly better +/-, I think Pronger is a more integral part of the Anaheim defense than Niedermayer.

I was kidding, of course, but I agree that Pronger should have been in over Nieds. I would not argue with someone who could present a good case otherwise; that's just my take on them, and I don't follow the Ducks all that closely.

With all the other questionable things about those rosters, that one honestly didn't enter my mind.