• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Esquire

Tavares Traded

Rate this topic

I'm going to miss watching him play in Oshawa, but this is for the best.

I totally agree. I'm just glad I got to see him play at the GM Centre a bunch of times over the past two years because it was a joy to watch his game improve vastly over last season.

I was at his last home game in Oshawa against the Sudbury Wolves (my hometown team!) and after the game when they wished him luck at the Juniors it almost felt like they were saying goodbye to him.

Crazy last couple of days in the OHL... the trade deadline is Friday at noon.

The favourites still have to be Windsor, they loaded up with goalie Josh Unice (played in mem cup last year with Kitchener) and also got Shutron and Timmins, for young goalie Brandon Maxwell and Jacob Lalonde.

London looks to have landed Michael Del Zotto along with Tavares, which is huge for them, as they have a lack of depth on defense.

This rivalry just got intense once again, can't wait for the playoffs.

edit : the TSN story has not been confirmed, probably just waiting for the leagues approval. Sportsnet broke a story the other day saying the deal for Tavares was all but done, only to retract it in an article today. www.thenoof.com has good coverage of all of this

Edited by 34Legace34

good luck getting tickets, the JLC sells out pretty much every game, let alone after a blockbuster deal. This will be 3 first overall picks in the last 6 years for the Knights, assuming Tavares goes #1. (Rick Nash, Pat Kane, and JT)

I know, I went to one game last year, it sells out nearly every game if not every game, me and my roomates have tried getting tickets multiple times and it is always tough. Going to be even harder with Tavares there now.

good luck getting tickets, the JLC sells out pretty much every game, let alone after a blockbuster deal. This will be 3 first overall picks in the last 6 years for the Knights, assuming Tavares goes #1. (Rick Nash, Pat Kane, and JT)

i lucked out and know a season ticket holder, so lucky me i guess :cool:

Also a friend of a season ticket holder, hahah been to alot of big games over the years including game 1 of the Mem Cup vs Rimouski / Crosby. Pretty sweet to see future NHLers come through that place, ive seen Jeff Carter with the Soo, Mike Richards with Kitchener, plenty of NHLers. I also got pretty lucky this year, and got asked to play in a league that has games at the JLC. Pretty fun playing in that building, even though there is 9000 empty seats!

So Mark Hunter is really going for it this year, he went out and got a buddy of mine Leigh Salters from Guelph, I played highschool hockey with him. He can fight just about anyone in the league (including that beast Greenhop from Windsor) and can also fill the net at times. Anything but a Windsor/London West finals this year will be a huge upset. In the East, Brampton just got very good in adding the Wings 1st rounder, goalie Thomas McCollum. Brampton has 3 very good forwards in Cody Hodgson (16pts at the WJC) and Matt Duchene, who won gold at the world under 17 last year with Ryan Ellis. They also have Grevkov from Russia that can fill the net.

As you can see im pretty excited for the rest of the OHL season, and playoffs should be intense.

I went tonight, they presented him with a plaque and did the whole ceremony thing and watched a quick video with highlights from the WJC. Everyone gave him a standing ovation when they announced his name, it was kind of funny to see, kinda felt like 9000 people all saying "bring us another memorial cup PLEASE"

Got tickets for Sunday as well, the building should be pretty pumped up to see 61 in the lineup.

^hahah the PINK jersey! The Knights hosted a Support for Breast Cancer Night, and the jerseys were auctioned off. 10 grand for a pink Tavares Jersey... gotta love it.

So heres the stat line since JT moved to London...

GP 24

G 32

A18

P 50