• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyerberger

Introducing the LOLHL

Rate this topic

Making a vague (though crude) sexual innuendo reference towards someone's girlfriend: 6 games, anger management, and no icetime.

Biting someone's thumb so hard their glove comes off: 2 games.

If the NHL's method to determining suspensions could be represented in a mathematical formula, I wonder if seeing it would instantly turn someone into a raving, suicidal lunatic.

Making a vague (though crude) sexual innuendo reference towards someone's girlfriend: 6 games, anger management, and no icetime.

Biting someone's thumb so hard their glove comes off: 2 games.

If the NHL's method to determining suspensions could be represented in a mathematical formula, I wonder if seeing it would instantly turn someone into a raving, suicidal lunatic.

They could have taken the players record and the extent of damage into account. If he just bit his glove then there is not real lasting damage, plus this is Ruutu's first suspendible offense. Avery has been a clown since he left Detroit and hasn't shied away from lampooning the league to the media. It does seem silly reading it the way you've written it, I think with all things considered it is fair.

They could have taken the players record and the extent of damage into account. If he just bit his glove then there is not real lasting damage, plus this is Ruutu's first suspendible offense. Avery has been a clown since he left Detroit and hasn't shied away from lampooning the league to the media. It does seem silly reading it the way you've written it, I think with all things considered it is fair.

In that case, Ruutu should receive equal punishment to others who have done the same thing. In Marc Savard's case, 1 game and $11,111.11 or some goofy number like that. Ruutu was clearly getting a little extra off of his reputation.

Furthermore, I don't think reputation should play much into punishment. Only the severity of the act. Furthermore, I believe Peters should be suspended as well, for reasons stated in the thread regarding that incident. This is more of a thread to express disgust in the NHL's horribly inconsistent suspension record

Ruutu has had enough cheap incidents in his career for which he should have been suspended.

I don't think that players hate him just because of his annoying face. I'm sure they have a reason from the way he plays.

Ruutu has had enough cheap incidents in his career for which he should have been suspended.

I don't think that players hate him just because of his annoying face. I'm sure they have a reason from the way he plays.

Just like Bill Clement said on NHL Home Ice yesterday... Ruutu goes out there trying to hurt people. He has a history of it.

Ahhh man. I was hoping you'd introduce me to a sweet new hockey league featuring Carrot Top as a power forward :(

Have you seen how ripped he is? How emberrassing would it be to get your ass beaten by Carrot Top? Worse than being on the receiving end of a Semin bongo riff?

Edited by egroen

Have you seen how ripped he is? How emberrassing would it be to get your ass beaten by Carrot Top? Worse than being on the receiving end of a Semin bongo riff?

Oh yeah, he's a beast now. It's hilarious considering how much of a twig he used to be before :P

Why not? Having a reputation means you're a repeat offender. Repeat offenders absolutely should be punished more heavily than first-timers.

Reputation does not necessarily equal to repeat offender. Repeat offenders are more likely to have a reputation, but you can have a reputation without necessarily being a frequent offender. Furthermore, reputation in regards to repeat offenders should only be involved in some circumstances. Homer shouldn't be called for phantom GIs when a goalie trips him just because he has a rep. See where I'm going?

Not only that, but the league seems to have no scaling penalty system at all for cases of repeat offenders that deserve suspensions (dangerous plays, ref touching, etc). While I would agree that a lot of it has to be handled case by case to some extent, I don't like it being completely arbitrary as it is now.

Besides, if I'm not mistaken, it's Ruutu's first suspension. For that matter, Avery doesn't have a history of suspensions, either.

How else do you defend yourself from a goon like Andrew Peters?

As to this, I don't necessarily disagree. I think Peters should have received a matching suspension. You shouldn't be jamming in of your body parts into anyone's orifices unwantedly on the ice (or off, for that matter). It looks to me like Peters kept them there for a good moment. I think a disgusting act as such deserves just as harsh a punishment. I'd bite the f*****, too, if he wouldn't take them out.