• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Stevie Y Datsyuk

First time in Michigan

Rate this topic

So the women's hockey team I coach is going to Michigan next weekend for some big hockey games. I'll be in Wayne (Michigan), Hudsonville (Grand Valley), and East Lansing (Michigan St). I really want to buy a nice wings hat since the last one I got, I ordered it online and it didn't fit right. Keep in mind that no store in Massachusetts sells hockey hats other than Bruins and Rangers.

This will be my first time ever in the state of Michigan. I am very very excited since I've been a huge Wings' fan since 95.

So if any of you are familiar with any of these places, and know of a good place that sells Red Wings merchandise, please let me know. I plan on wearing my Yzerman jersey as much of the trip as possible.

Also if any of you live in these areas, and want to come check out a college women's hockey game, please do. Say hi to me after the game, I'm a coach for UMass.

Thanks.

PS: How much is one of those winter classic winter hats?

Not from those areas, but if you're just looking for some basic Red Wings merchanise, you'll find them anywhere. Hats, shirts, etc are sold at virtually any mall, even box stores like Wal-Mart or Meijer. Around Detroit there is Hockeytown Authentics, but like I said, I'm not from the southern part of the state and can't be of much help.

So the women's hockey team I coach is going to Michigan next weekend for some big hockey games. I'll be in Wayne (Michigan), Hudsonville (Grand Valley), and East Lansing (Michigan St). I really want to buy a nice wings hat since the last one I got, I ordered it online and it didn't fit right. Keep in mind that no store in Massachusetts sells hockey hats other than Bruins and Rangers.

This will be my first time ever in the state of Michigan. I am very very excited since I've been a huge Wings' fan since 95.

So if any of you are familiar with any of these places, and know of a good place that sells Red Wings merchandise, please let me know. I plan on wearing my Yzerman jersey as much of the trip as possible.

Also if any of you live in these areas, and want to come check out a college women's hockey game, please do. Say hi to me after the game, I'm a coach for UMass.

Thanks.

PS: How much is one of those winter classic winter hats?

When you play GVSU in Hudsonville, the closest mall is Rivertown Crossings in Grandville (Both are just on the skirts of Grand Rapids, so if you are in town long enough, get down to a Grand Rapids Griffin's game!!)

http://www.rivertowncrossings.com/html/storedirectory.asp

Hat World or Dick's Sporting Goods will be your best best.

My husband purchased his Winter Classic "stocking hat" through shop.nhl.com if that's the one you are referring to.

If you are playing in Wayne, there is a memorabilia store about a 15 drive from the rink. It's called Playball, and it's in Westland. They have a wide variety of hats. The # is (734) 326-3930.The address is 35121 Warren Rd.

If you need directions, let me know, or ask someone at the rink.

Good luck in your travels, and in the tournament.

what a small world. I am a zam driver at the Grand Valley rink. I will probably be working the night you guys play. Like redwingsgirl said, Rivertown Crossings Mall would be your best option in this area, it is like 7-10 minutes away.

Are you flying in to Detroit? NorthWest? I was there a week ago, and there's a store that sells Detroit Sports stuff. I checked WC hats and the prices are good. It's at the center of the Terminal, on your left before you head down the stairs to Luggage Claims.

If it's the Smith Terminal, I'm sure there should be a similar store too.

Good Luck!

I heard the goalie's den in Troy is pretty cool, and it's right by Hockeytown Authentics... you might consider checking that out.

I ordered a hat online from the goalie's den and it was a great deal, good product. Never been there, but they seemed to have great customer service online.

I second this!

If you like mexican food, eat at El Azteco as well!

The Peanut Barrel is a great place for a burger and beer too, and it's incredibly cheap. Lansing Mall, or Okemos Mall are probably your best bets for Wings gear in EL. Everything you find in dowtown EL will be green and white.

Fanatic U in Garden City is also a good place for stuff. It's not too far from Wayne. It's on Ford Rd. There is also two sports stores in Westland. One is in the Westland Mall and the other is right across the street from the mall on Warren Ave.

I was also going to mention that Metro Airport had some great shirts and hats from Winter Classic. I think the hats were about 30.00 and they had a nice long sleeve shirt for 25.00.

Fanatic U in Garden City is also a good place for stuff. It's not too far from Wayne. It's on Ford Rd. There is also two sports stores in Westland. One is in the Westland Mall and the other is right across the street from the mall on Warren Ave.

I was also going to mention that Metro Airport had some great shirts and hats from Winter Classic. I think the hats were about 30.00 and they had a nice long sleeve shirt for 25.00.

Unfortunately, The FanZone at Westland Mall just went out of business. They were clearing out the store last week.

Playball is still there, on the south side of Warren

Unfortunately, The FanZone at Westland Mall just went out of business. They were clearing out the store last week.

Playball is still there, on the south side of Warren

NO! We were just there before Christmas. That sucks!