• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

1/10 GDT: Griffins 4, Phantoms 0 @ GR

Rate this topic

Philadelphia Phantoms (20-16-1-1) @ Grand Rapids Griffins (22-8-5-3)

465f37aac9d253b226c465443e8408e2.300.jpg @ 0c106b0f016bb1daa2eb7543376e8bf5.300.jpg

The Philadelphia Phantoms will square off against the Grand Rapids Griffins for the second consecutive night. Philadelphia broke their 7 game winless streak with an OT victory last night. The Griffins have recorded a point from their past 3 games and are still leading the North Division. Considering Jimmy Howard got the start last night, Larsson will be in net tonight hoping for a solid performance.

Darren Helm continues his struggles and is without a point from the past 5 games. Rookies Cory Emmerton and Jan Mursak both played last night and both finished pointless. If remains to be seen whether either will play again tonight. Justin Abdelkader will be looking to rebound after an awful night last night in which he finished -4.

Possible line-up:

Leino - Abdelkader - Tardif
Ritola - Emmerton - Haydar
Lemieux - McGrath - Pare
Oulahen - Helm - Downey

Ericsson - Pyett
Kolosov - Stafford
Kindl - Galvin

Larsson
Howard

Team Leaders:

Goals: Haydar (14), Ritola (13)
Assists: Leino (22), Kindl (19)
Penalty Minutes: Downey (65), Abdelkader (55)

Notes:

• Mattias Ritola is on a 3 game point streak (2-2-4).
• Evan McGrath has 12 points from the past 13 games (4-8-12).
• Darren Helm is without a point from his past 5 games.

TV/Radio:

Internet stream: Pay-per-view AHL Live

Radio: Grand Rapids Broadcast: Radio feed

Box Score

So far 3-0 Griffins after 2

Ritola, Abdelkader, and

DOWNEY (no kidding)

1. GR Ritola, (14) (Haydar), 8:36

2. GR Abdelkader, (12) (Leino, Ritola), 4:40 (PP)

2. GR Downey, (2) (Leino, Helm), 16:31

The real issue with tonight was the injury to Helm. We might have scored the 4th goal out of the deal, but if he is hurt for along stretch, it's not worth it.

He got kneed pretty good, I hope it is nothing serious.

The real issue with tonight was the injury to Helm. We might have scored the 4th goal out of the deal, but if he is hurt for along stretch, it's not worth it.

He got kneed pretty good, I hope it is nothing serious.

The other griffin site is saing it was Tardiff who left for repairs. While still bad, it's not Helm.

But I like Tardif...:(

Well I'm flip-flopping like crazy on this. I just went to the AHL site, and Tardiff wasn't on the ice when the Downey goal was scored. Helm WAS. So I really think it was Helm that got injured. It's a shame, because both teams were going for the big hit all night, and you almost *expected* something bad to happen. I hope it's just a "bruised" knee, and he will be back soon.

I was at the game, and I don't remember either Helm or Tardiff getting hurt. Although, now you mention it, there were some strange lines in the 3rd period. McGrath wasn't playing with Pare and Lemieux. Which I felt was odd considering how much offense that line generated the last several weeks. When McGrath came out during his first shift of the 3rd, he grabbed the wrong stick. Unfortunately, he didn't realize it was curved the wrong way until deep in the Phantom end. He turned around, skated back to the bench and handed it to Downey. Oops.

Jonathan came off the ice during the 2nd period injured - looked to be a knee or ankle. He had to stay on the ice for awhile after it occurred since the play was very deep in the Griffins end and he couldn't leave Larsson and his defense partner hanging, but he was clearly skating with a lot of pain. He did return later and seemed to be fine.