• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Mule

Jackets' Filatov records first career hat trick

Rate this topic

He was unbelievable in the Junior hockey tournament a week ago. Didn't know he was an NHLer yet :P Funny how the Central for the last few years was always called the weakest division in the NHL, next year it could be the best with Columbus and Chicago with these talented rosters.

Edited by TheOwl

Filatov got his first career hat trick tonight against the Wild.

If Filatov could ever gain some muscle, he'd be an unstoppable force in this league.

So you're basically saying that if Filatov were stronger, he'd be Alexander Ovechkin? Somehow I doubt that..

Guest Shoreline
He was unbelievable in the Junior hockey tournament a week ago. Didn't know he was an NHLer yet :P Funny how the Central for the last few years was always called the weakest division in the NHL, next year it could be the best with Columbus and Chicago with these talented rosters.

This is why the Wings scouting is so crucial to keep winning. It's an easy draft for the bad teams in the Central because there are a handful of players that stand out. The Wings need to continue doing a good job of drafting diamonds-in-the-rough to keep pace with the overload of young talent that is beginning to come upon these teams.

He scored them with only 9:59 total ice time. That's pretty decent production per minute, huh?

Colombus is not that far away. They have a real nice young core with Nash, Filatov, that Brassard kid, and Mason between the pipes.

He scored them with only 9:59 total ice time. That's pretty decent production per minute, huh?

Colombus is not that far away. They have a real nice young core with Nash, Filatov, that Brassard kid, and Mason between the pipes.

Sounds like the next Hudler. :hehe:

This is why the Wings scouting is so crucial to keep winning. It's an easy draft for the bad teams in the Central because there are a handful of players that stand out. The Wings need to continue doing a good job of drafting diamonds-in-the-rough to keep pace with the overload of young talent that is beginning to come upon these teams.

Detroit is really an anomaly, they traded away a lot of draft picks to with that cup in 2002, yet their still an elite team. The only reason Washington and Pittsburgh have such good rosters are all those high draft picks because of their horrible play for years and years. I really don't understand the whole drafting system, why should the worst teams get the highest picks? Obviously to even the field, but since the salary cap, isn't the field even by default? All these horrible teams are now becoming good simply because of being handed high draft picks, while the Wings have been good because their quality organization. Not hard to pick a superstar when you got a top 5 pick. They should figure out a different way of assigning drafting order. You should be rewarded for success, not failure.

So you're basically saying that if Filatov were stronger, he'd be Alexander Ovechkin? Somehow I doubt that..

Who knows? It's unlikely he'll ever be as good as Ovechkin, but its asinine to even think this kid doesn't have boatloads of untapped potential. If he had Ovechkin's size, who knows what he could do?

Detroit is really an anomaly, they traded away a lot of draft picks to with that cup in 2002, yet their still an elite team. The only reason Washington and Pittsburgh have such good rosters are all those high draft picks because of their horrible play for years and years. I really don't understand the whole drafting system, why should the worst teams get the highest picks? Obviously to even the field, but since the salary cap, isn't the field even by default? All these horrible teams are now becoming good simply because of being handed high draft picks, while the Wings have been good because their quality organization. Not hard to pick a superstar when you got a top 5 pick. They should figure out a different way of assigning drafting order. You should be rewarded for success, not failure.

While I see what youre saying, it would just make things unfair. Take the last 5 years for example. Say the Wings wound up with the the 24th round pick in 08, the 11th pick in 07, the 10th pick in 06, the 19th pick in 05, and the 21st pick in 04. I'm just choosing these numbers randomly.

That would give us Wojtek Wolski (04), Jakub Kindl, ironically (05), Mikael Frolik (06), Brandon Sutter (07), Mattias Tedenby (08). Could you imagine the Wings line up then? They'd have 3rd and 4th lines that could be some teams 1st line. And god knows what would happen if they wound up with even better picks than those. Imagine the Wings netting a top 2 pick in 04 and having Zetterberg, Datsyuk, AND Malkin or Ovechkin. The domination would just be unfair.

He had Filatov up at the beginning, but must have felt some time in Syracuse would do him some good. After his success over the past two weeks, I don't see his return ticket being used. I have heard the comparison to the Big "O" in D.C. Would a comparison to a 20 year old Sergei Fedorov be a better one?

Good AHL call up. If Hitch didnt hate rookies so much, the Jackets would have been seeing this earlier this season.

He had Filatov up at the beginning, but must have felt some time in Syracuse would do him some good. After his success over the past two weeks, I don't see his return ticket being used. I have heard the comparison to the Big "O" in D.C. Would a comparison to a 20 year old Sergei Fedorov be a better one?

lol, you didn't really take a step down there. In fact, you may have gone up one notch.

Yeah, and he should have never been sent down. It was obvious this kid was a special talent.

Im happy the jackets are getting better. the fans have had to put up with a losing team for a while now and hopefully things turn around for them (2nd/3rd in the central) They have had pretty good attendance numbers a couple years ago and hopefully thiese young players turn that franchise around

Just a few other things I heard about Filatov.

Before the draft when he went 6th and Stamkos was first one of the scouts said that if Filatov's name was John Doe from CHL it would be a tough choice between him and Stamkos for the first spot.

Also recently on XM radio I heard somebody compared Filatov's skills and basically said that he can skate as fast as Afinogenov, he things the game as Fedorov, and can score as Bure. So it does look like a nice package to me.

While I see what youre saying, it would just make things unfair. Take the last 5 years for example. Say the Wings wound up with the the 24th round pick in 08, the 11th pick in 07, the 10th pick in 06, the 19th pick in 05, and the 21st pick in 04. I'm just choosing these numbers randomly.

That would give us Wojtek Wolski (04), Jakub Kindl, ironically (05), Mikael Frolik (06), Brandon Sutter (07), Mattias Tedenby (08). Could you imagine the Wings line up then? They'd have 3rd and 4th lines that could be some teams 1st line. And god knows what would happen if they wound up with even better picks than those. Imagine the Wings netting a top 2 pick in 04 and having Zetterberg, Datsyuk, AND Malkin or Ovechkin. The domination would just be unfair.

it was proposed once (i'm not sure where) that the teams that finish 9th should have the highest chance of getting a first overall pick. that way, teams won't be rewarded for dreadful play. i think this system works better than the current one.

it was proposed once (i'm not sure where) that the teams that finish 9th should have the highest chance of getting a first overall pick. that way, teams won't be rewarded for dreadful play. i think this system works better than the current one.

Hmm. That actually sounds like a really good idea.