• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Doc Holiday

Bruins fans are dumb...

Rate this topic

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=593815

The NHL will give the Norris to Lindstrom again. Why not. Its the easy way out.Hes the NHL's darling.

By the way, Lindstrom, Steve Yzerman called, he wants his Conn Smythe Trophy.

Lidstrom is awesome, but almost every year he's won, there have been other d-men just has deserving of the Norris. Lidstrom is the sexy pick because he plays in Detroit. Playing in Detroit on powerhouse teams has helped him win the Norris every time. He wouldn't have numbers like he has if he played on another team.

The NHL will find a way to give it to Lidström again, even though he doesn't deserve it. Hell if the season ended right now, Lidström shouldn't even be a nominee. If the season ended right now, the three nominees should be Dan Boyle, Shea Weber, and Dennis Wideman.

Btw these guys believe that Chara deserves the Hart.

I wonder what stats these fans are looking at to determine that Lidstrom doesn't deserve it this year. I've seen Pittsburgh fans, Chicago fans, Bruin fans, and Leaf fans who all think that Lidstrom is playing terrible this year and doesn't even deserve a mention for the Norris. Are they looking at the fact that he has less points than usual? Is it because his +/- is lower than it typically is halfway through the season? I just don't get it.

The first 30 games certainly weren't typical Lidstrom quality, but I still feel like he was playing better than most. The fact that Lidstrom is usually head-and-shoulders above the rest, but only a head above the rest this year is no reason to say that he doesn't deserve another Norris. Just because he's LESS better doesn't mean he's not better than the rest, if you get what I mean, haha.

I think once the season is over, his stats will be among the top, as always. I bet he nabs another Norris, much to other fans' dismay.

whatever, as nice as individual accolades are, I'm sure Lids would take the cup over a million norris trophies any day of the week. Chara can have every award in the book and as long as the Wings have the cup at the end of the playoffs, I won't care a bit.

Guest MrSandMan
Playing in Detroit on powerhouse teams has helped him win the Norris every time. He wouldn't have numbers like he has if he played on another team.

This comment cracks me up. We are a powerhouse team mostly because we have Nick Lidstrom. I dread the day Lids announces his retirement...

Guest mindfly

At the end of the year it will be lidstrom, boyle, weber/markov for the norris finalist

"Lidstrom is awesome, but almost every year he's won, there have been other d-men just has deserving of the Norris. Lidstrom is the sexy pick because he plays in Detroit. Playing in Detroit on powerhouse teams has helped him win the Norris every time. He wouldn't have numbers like he has if he played on another team."

.....says a guy who probably thinks Dustin Pedroia was a deserving MVP.

If you were to cherry pick some posts made by Wings fans here, it would make us all look just as stupid.

Eh, you're right, but it doesn't really take cherry-picking to make Boston fans look obnoxious.

It's the internet and hfboards. Guess you're new to it :cool: just kidding..

But seriously! I'm pretty sure I could go to the penguins board and post an thread exactly like this but with Crosby (or practically anyone else in the league) instead of lidstrom and name it: "Wing fans are stupid..." Then I gather some quality biased quotes from LGW's Crosby hate threads and post em. Then the pens fans on that board can talk about how stupid wing fans are and how they know nothing about hockey.

Hell if the season ended right now

... well thats the thing, IT DOESN'T! Ugh, I hate these kinds of statements. Its like saying, "Oh man! if my last 5 lotto numbers matched the winning ticket, I'd be a millionaire!" Jeeze, really pisses me off sometimes. :sneaky2::ranting:

Edited by Blaayze

I'm gonna agree with the "yzerman wants his conn smythe back". I always thought Stevy shoulda won it that year as well and if he hadn't won in 1998 already, I bet he would have got it.

Edited by Yzermania

that's only a few posts by an idiot or two in that thread. Most of it isn't even about Lidstrom.

If you were to cherry pick some posts made by Wings fans here, it would make us all look just as stupid.

Yep.

Every team has its fair share of dumb a** fans. It's not just limited to Boston, that blurb should not be a complete/accurate representation of Boston fans, and the Wings are definitely included in the list.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I'm gonna agree with the "yzerman wants his conn smythe back". I always thought Stevy shoulda won it that year as well and if he hadn't won in 1998 already, I bet he would have got it.

I agree, but Nick really was terrific. He was averaging something close to 30 minutes a game. But, if it weren't for Stevie, we might have lost in the first round. He carried them on his back against the 'Nucks.

lol Lidstrom is the system. Sure Wings fans say crazy things, I'm sure other fans think that Samuelsson is useless and Kopecky to boot, and there probably right... but we have fans that think otherwise, Big deal. This is just dumb, my bestfriend is an Avs fan and he loves Lidstrom and tells me how much BS it is that he doesnt win the Hart every year, to put it in perspective.

lol @ Wideman being even close to a Norris nominee too, Chara is there defenceman, Wideman really is the prototypical "product of a system"

I wonder what stats these fans are looking at to determine that Lidstrom doesn't deserve it this year

Stupid people are everywhere, they see what they want to see. I'm with you, obiously we're completely unbiased. Grin.

But seriously, I've never gotten the argument that somehow he's diminished because he plays on a good team. Um..yeah, the Wings sign a bunch of good players who every year their main job is to make Lidstrom look good. Being the year in and year out best player on the best team means nothing, you have to be better then a bunch of hacks to be great, not the leader of a bunch of great players!

Yeah, that's the ticket...

Does anyone know when the last time was that Boston made it out of the 1st round of the playoffs?

It seems like it's been around a decade or so.

Anyway, the fact that sports fans in Boston are idiots (albeit devoted idiots) is not a new revelation.

This comment cracks me up. We are a powerhouse team mostly because we have Nick Lidstrom. I dread the day Lids announces his retirement...

This. Replacing Lidstrom will be 10 times harder than replacing Yzerman was.

And yeah, Stevie shoulda won the Conn Smythe in 02. Leading your team in scoring on one leg? :siren:

I do have to say, that is one of the fairly common idiotic reasons used by people over on hfboards to discredit any player on the Wings. If there's a thread about any one Wings player, there will be several responses saying how they're overrated and it's really just because of either another wings player, or the team being good in general.

Zetterberg is overrated. He's only good because he's on the ice with Lidstrom (I've seriously seen that argument). But then Lidstrom is overrated because he's only a product of a good team.

No one there has managed to explain how individually none of the Wings can be anything special while at the same time being overrated because the whole team is so damn good.

Lol, eva just said Hudler could become the best forward in the league. So yeah, agreed.

I agree, but Nick really was terrific. He was averaging something close to 30 minutes a game. But, if it weren't for Stevie Dan Cloutier, we might have lost in the first round.

There, I fixed that typo for you. :D

We can talk about Yzerman all we want, but after that goal, the Canucks were tremendously fragile and folded at the wrong time. No matter how Steve plays, a team with stronger leadership (Mess?) wins that series against the Wings, especially with the way the Wings played the first two at home. I don't think Burkie's press conference/ video-assisted tantrum helped the 'Nucks either.