• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Dallas Stars 5, Red Wings 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

if i was as computer savvy as the majority of you, i would put together a highlight reel of his ebelished saves and post it.

I could do the same thing of Pavel Datsyuk losing the puck off his stick and make him look like a terrible puck carrier. What was your point again?

please tell me how the disallowed goal, and the overtime goal were not complete snow angels. at least hasek's worked enough to keep his GAA below 3 and change. also, besides diving across the net how about a controled side ways slide in the butterfly position, or even standing and just taking a stride to the side. that overtime goal is the flop im talking about. it easily could of been controled by making a less "great" save by putting his body in front instead of floping swinging the stick and then doing what i guess is called now "great" snow angels.

Please do everyone a favor, and watch the game. Or better yet.....learn the game.

The goaltender does not play in a vacuum. These aren't warm-ups we're talking about....

Shot. Save.

Shot. Save.

Shot. Save.

Jebus. Don't kids have curfews and bedtimes anymore?

please tell me how the disallowed goal, and the overtime goal were not complete snow angels. at least hasek's worked enough to keep his GAA below 3 and change. also, besides diving across the net how about a controled side ways slide in the butterfly position, or even standing and just taking a stride to the side. that overtime goal is the flop im talking about. it easily could of been controled by making a less "great" save by putting his body in front instead of floping swinging the stick and then doing what i guess is called now "great" snow angels.

All I can do is laugh at you. Should have known someone here would blame the goalie for the loss, after all this is LGW.com. Its easy to say Osgood should have done so and so after the game is over. Hockey is a fast sport and Osgood ’s play is the ONLY reason the Wings managed to get a point out of this game. How about the defense? Offence? Where were they? The last 40 minutes were played in the Wings zone.

Just FYI, on the last goal he made the initial save and then the goal went in because he had a Star laying on him and it should have been goalie interference, in the strictest sense of the rule.

Yes. He did. And his Teammates should be ashamed of themselves for that fact.

Osgood is the only reason the Wings skated out of Dallas with a point tonight.

So yes. "Osgood Lost" this game.

Kindly remember to hold the same philosophy every time he "Wins", which happens much more frequently than not.

Also might do to remember that Osgood was better in this loss than some people, (I won't mention any names), will ever be at anything they attempt to do with their lives, "dispite" what you might think.

You can take the former point, or you can take the "ladder".

Your choice.

personal attacks on my spelling or lifetime acheivements has nothing to do with any of this, but fine i will play this game. how do you assume i haven't done anything better than osgoods game tonite?? 2 years ago i saved a girl from getting robbed and maybe even raped. But nothing i have done is significant to you compared to osgood to you so i guess you support rape. your a sick, sick, little person and may god have mercy on your soul... you monster.

besides my boredom being solved by pissing outsider off, this is a game i do not blame soley on osgood at all. the wings were horrible on defense, but i feel at moments in this game and many others osgood just tends approach making saves in ways that make him look horrible. but take the pro rapist side, real sweet dude.

personal attacks on my spelling or lifetime acheivements has nothing to do with any of this, but fine i will play this game. how do you assume i haven't done anything better than osgoods game tonite?? 2 years ago i saved a girl from getting robbed and maybe even raped. But nothing i have done is significant to you compared to osgood to you so i guess you support rape. your a sick, sick, little person and may god have mercy on your soul... you monster.

Sorry, i usually lay low, but im curious, in you opinion who was the best player for the Wings in this game?

Edit: nevermind. Your post above answers everything, and proves you are just looking for attention.

Edited by Statts

Sorry, i usually lay low, but im curious, in you opinion who was the best player for the Wings in this game?

Like most games this season, i have to say datsyuk. he was solid in his own zone more than anyone, he produced offensively, and showed probably the most energy. he is just so amazingly solid with the puck game in and game out, i really don't know how he does it.

blahblahblah.....disallowed goal.....blahblahblah....

As an aside, this is the second time you've made reference to a "disallowed goal".

There was no "disallowed goal". There was a fantastic save on what should have been a goal.

The Official on the ice called it a "no goal" because the puck never crossed the goal line. Toronto, with all of their technology, confirmed it.

The puck never crossed the goal line. Therefore it was never a goal. Therefore there was never any reason to "disallow" it.

And on the GWG, Osgood made the initial save, (shot #49), only to find TWO Stars sitting on top of him in the crease when Daley put the rebound, (shot #50), home.

LOL....Congratulations. If true......In all sincerity, you did a wonderful thing, and I'm sure that poor girl is very grateful.

However, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

So I guess that means you're fortunate. You've got one more "gimme" comin' to ya.

Hopefully you'll use it as wisely as you did the first.....

Edited by Outsider

As an aside, this is the second time you've made reference to a "disallowed goal".

There was no "disallowed goal". There was a fantastic save on what should have been a goal.

The Official on the ice called it a "no goal" because the puck never crossed the goal line. Toronto, with all of their technology, confirmed it.

The puck never crossed the goal line. Therefore it was never a goal. Therefore there was never any reason to "disallow" it.

And on the GWG, Osgood made the initial save, (shot #49), only to find TWO Stars sitting on top of him in the crease when Daley put the rebound, (shot #50), home.

maybe a link will be around later, but in the post game they showed a view of the puck where it was completely across the goalline. and not only that but here you are again attacking things that are irrelevant.

oh and the blah blah stuff???

that was never in any of my posts, which shows you forged that quote putting words in my mouth. how can anyone on this site trust your quotes with dishonesty like that. everyone knows you have a total lack of respect to robbery/rape victims but now your a liar too?? Its just a shame.

and to get back to osgood, he would not of been on his back in the first place on that last goal if he would of approached the save in a non flop manner. thats my point.

besides my boredom being solved by pissing outsider off, this is a game i do not blame soley on osgood at all. the wings were horrible on defense, but i feel at moments in this game and many others osgood just tends approach making saves in ways that make him look horrible. but take the pro rapist side, real sweet dude.

Au contraire, mon frere.

I don't get "pissed off" at children. They're just a little exasperating, sometimes. That's all.

We were all children once. You'll grow out of it.

Eventually.

I am re-using my posts between forums because I'm ******* lazy.

"I thought Osgood played very well. We played terrible and deserved to lose. 50 shots. It's a miracle we got a point IMO.

Osgood post-injury (this game included): 2-0-1 / .925sv% / 2.58GAA

Give him some time to impress. This isn't the game to throw him under the bus."

Ridiculous that we always find a way to blame the goalie after a game like this. As far as I'm concerned, if Ozzy had shot the puck into his own net for Dallas' OT winner, the Wings would only be getting what they deserved from that game.

show me a one clock that stops crime and you have a point. untill then, no relation.

You don't "stop crime". You "stopped A crime." Millions, even billions, have done it. Millions of people do it every day. Repeatedly. By choice.

You know what that makes you? It makes you a human being, as opposed to an animal. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Good for you. I guess you ARE somewhat fit to live amongst civilized adults.

Although you make me doubt that with each and every post you submit.

Edited by Outsider

Au contraire, mon frere.

I don't get "pissed off" at children. They're just a little exasperating, sometimes. That's all.

We were all children once. You'll grow out of it.

Eventually.

although i am not the oldest one here, i at least of grew out of being a liar with false quotes. also i am the one who was brought up with the idea that crimes are a little more important than a game you watch on tv. so Im content with my age.

and this all started because i noticed you personally attacking a poster before me that disagreed with you so i thought i would give you a taste of the same.

Here's the capper, Sparky....

YOU didn't lose a damned thing! While YOU were at home, in your Red Wings footie pajamas, sipping on your Yoo-hoo! and waiting for mommy to bring you another plateful of the chicken nuggets shaped like little dinosaurs.....

The MEN, the RED WINGS, were out there playin' hockey. And with the exception of a very few of them, Chris Osgood chief amongst, they were doing so very poorly.

You wanna more active role in the "we" of the Detroit Red Wings? Lace 'em up and strap 'em on, Sonny Jim.

Until then, try to remember where YOU are sitting while THEY are Playing.

Capice?

Slow down. Who the f*** do you think you are to make assumptions about how I live my life? I go to school full time and work five days a week and pay my own ******* bills, I'm not a god damn child. Don't talk down to me when you know nothing. I missed half the game at work. You're blatant disrespect is amazing. I hate to play the internet tough guy s*** but say that trash to my face and see how I react.

Secondly. Few are a bigger wings fan than I am. I strive to watch every game I can, and I love few things more than going to the Joe to see a game. I'd figure someone so amazing and yourself would understand that sports teams belong to their fans. Where are the Detroit Red Wings without their loyal fans? No where. Don't begin to think otherwise, the red wings are MY. team. Now I'm not some slap happy "everything is always perfect" over positive fan, but nor am I an over-negative fan. I point out the facts. How much of a role I play in the Detroit Red Wings is completely irrelevant. I can sit on my ass all I want, just because I'm not playing on the ice doesn't mean I'm not entitled to my opinion.

Lastly, if you find yourself capable of understanding, I'm not bitching about osgood's play in general. For the most part tonight he was great. My gripe lies in the OT goal. Can you really say he played that as perfectly as possible? You can't even say he played that better than average. He DASHED out from the blue when the dallas player came down in the slot and he moved around osgood which resulted in a goal. This isn't an isolated incident. He does this all the time, and I cringe every time. All it takes is someone who has watched a video of Osgood's play and realize that when ever you put your head down for a slap shot osgood over commits. Most of the time it works out. What if this was overtime of game seven in the playoffs which someone suggested in this thread? What would you say then? Would it be no big? If this was Game 7 of the WCF, would you be perfectly fine with Osgood's over-commitment which resulted in the goal?

If you don't get my connection, I'm not bothered so much by losing against dallas, I'm worried that something like this will happen in the playoffs when it matters dearly.

Edited by Z and D for the C

You don't "stop crime". You "stopped A crime." Millions, even billions, have done it. Millions of people do it every day. Repeatedly. By choice.

You know what that makes you? It makes you a human being, as opposed to an animal. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Good for you. I guess you ARE somewhat fit to live amongst civilized adults.

Although you make me doubt that with each and every post you submit.

Dude, I've read your posts. You are a knowledgeable poster on this site. La ****** you are arguing with is just looking for attention. Best not give him the time of day.

I can't keep going all night so this is my last post.

although i still feel osgood has some slop to his game that is unecessary, he was not the biggest problem in this game because 50 shots is unacceptable.

and as for our whole arguement outsider, this has been hillarious and i hope this made you laugh as much as it made me. i was messing with you for 96% of the arguement, and i hope you knew and didn't take anything personally. haha

GO WINGS

MR18 OUT

although i am not the oldest one here, i at least of grew out of being a liar with false quotes. also i am the one who was brought up with the idea that crimes are a little more important than a game you watch on tv. so Im content with my age.

and this all started because i noticed you personally attacking a poster before me that disagreed with you so i thought i would give you a taste of the same.

You're kidding. Right?

"A taste of the same." Son, your wit is about as sharp as a mitten. You're not going to get much of a rise out of anyone with the intellectual equivalent of "Your mama's so fat...." or "Knock Knock" jokes.

All you've succeeded in doing is showing your arse to the entire board. Look around. Bravo. If that's what you were going for, you've done admirably well.

This has been fun, but before it goes any further, I'll respectfully withdraw.

It's not right that I should enter into a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It violates my sense of honor.