• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitBoy313

Vinny Lecavalier on the move?

Rate this topic

If any one is wondering, Montreal was "rumored" to be willing to give up a lot for Vinny. But like ... a lot:

Plecanec

Higgins

Georges

Subban

Draft picks

Now ... someone tell me: Montreal is willing to give up their upcoming defensive elit player, two very talented centers, a well developed, young d-man and future draft picks for one single player? That is not even sure to be used as a core player? Damn.

Edited by Maaq

This is quite the rumour. On the one hand, if I were Bob Gainey I wouldn't do anything to disrupt the way the Canadiens are playing, they are serious cup contenders with their current roster.

On the other hand, if anyone EVER told me that Lecavalier was available I would have a very hard time saying no to a trade.

Whenever I start a new EA NHL game he always gets traded within the first season - ALWAYS. But then that's a game and rarely makes sense. The amount that Montreal would have to give for the guy is quite likely unreal but then I'm pretty sure they'd make up a sizable chunk from the amount of new jerseys sold. Hell, I would even be tempted to buy one (half-joking).

Whenever I start a new EA NHL game he always gets traded within the first season - ALWAYS. But then that's a game and rarely makes sense. The amount that Montreal would have to give for the guy is quite likely unreal but then I'm pretty sure they'd make up a sizable chunk from the amount of new jerseys sold. Hell, I would even be tempted to buy one (half-joking).

In my EA game, I was able to trade him for Sammy, Hudler and a 1st.

So come on Holland you idiot, get the trade done already. :thumbup:

If St. Louis leaves, think of what that would do to the Missouri economy :scared:

Hey, come on. Kansas City BBQ would more than easily take care of that :sly:

Also to mindfly's question, Habs fans seem to have this idea that every French-Canadian born player wants to and should play for Montreal, that the Habs should only draft French-Canadian players, and that any time a French Canadian free agent rejects a contract offer to play for the Habs, he's booed the next time his team plays at Bell Centre. Now, thats not to say that alot of French Canadians want to play for the Habs, but to say that every single one does and should? Delusional. Ryan Miller is from here but never really wanted to play for the Wings. Danny Briere is from Montreal but chose to sign with Philly instead of the hometown Habs, to name a few.

I'm assuming you're not American (otherwise it'd be terribly ironic to hear someone from the most xenophobic nation on Earth calling the French racist!).

I'm pretty sure I remember a certain Canadian who had some unkind things to say about French Canadian players not too long ago. But then again, I'm not sure if Avery counts.

Edited by Hockeytown0001