• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Esquire

Kovalchuk named Thrashers Captain

Rate this topic

OR...

Does Kenny Holland make him next year's Marion Hossa.

Look sign with us for one year, make way less than you should, get a legit shot at winning, and then next year rake in the coin. People look at us and will blame us like the Yankees. We will take the blame and you look like a good guy who was tired of losing and just wanted to win!

What do you say Ilya, 5 mil sound good?

Edited by Opie

OR...

Does Kenny Holland make him next year's Marion Hossa.

I don't think so - Kovalchuk and Hossa have VERY different personalities.

At practice, I had never even gotten Hossa to sign a jersey, much less talk.

With Kovalchuk, I can rely on him being there to sign, take photos, and actually have conversations with fans. (Including me! :shocking: )

So far this season, Kovalchuk's slump, in my opinion, can be attributed to solely his own frustration with teammates. (Which is why I think that if the team tries, Kovalchuk will stay.)

Guest mindfly

With Kovalchuk, I can rely on him being there to sign, take photos, and actually have conversations with fans. (Including me! :shocking: )

So far this season, Kovalchuk's slump, in my opinion, can be attributed to solely his own frustration with teammates. (Which is why I think that if the team tries, Kovalchuk will stay.)

Kovie should learn to play defense though, if that's possible... the difference between the two players is that both are goalscorers but hossa is more complete because he's a two-way player and play at both sides of the rink... But I'm sure kovie is the guy to talk and have a beer with, so to speak :P

Because what has the org showed him in the past.

They let Savard, one of the best playmaking centers in the game, walk, Hossa is gone, Heatley (whatever the reason, sad or not) is gone.

What has the team ever done to show him they are trying to get him a cup?

And what does signing autographs have to do with taking a pay cut for a sniff of the second round of the playoffs let alone a shot at the actual cup!!!!

Watch Vinny go from TBL and then watch Ilya walk, if teams don't start trying to win the cup with more than a goalie and a top 10 forward, they will lose fans because the good players will leave, and none will want to stay there. They will go there for the money for a few seasons and then realize they want a cup. Granted Vinny got one and then like the Florida Marlins the team hit the s***ter!

Kovie should learn to play defense though, if that's possible... the difference between the two players is that both are goalscorers but hossa is more complete because he's a two-way player and play at both sides of the rink... But I'm sure kovie is the guy to talk and have a beer with, so to speak :P

Sadly, Kovalchuk is quite possibly our most able defenseman... :banned:

And I must say, Hossa wasn't that great on defense when he was here. Hossa was a great positional player, whereas Kovy just scored the goals. Unfortunately, most goalies have caught on that he shoots high glove side EVERY GODDAMN SINGLE TIME!

Because what has the org showed him in the past.

They let Savard, one of the best playmaking centers in the game, walk, Hossa is gone, Heatley (whatever the reason, sad or not) is gone.

What has the team ever done to show him they are trying to get him a cup?

And what does signing autographs have to do with taking a pay cut for a sniff of the second round of the playoffs let alone a shot at the actual cup!!!!

Watch Vinny go from TBL and then watch Ilya walk, if teams don't start trying to win the cup with more than a goalie and a top 10 forward, they will lose fans because the good players will leave, and none will want to stay there. They will go there for the money for a few seasons and then realize they want a cup. Granted Vinny got one and then like the Florida Marlins the team hit the s***ter!

What this means is that he cares about Atlanta, even though he really shouldn't. Hossa obviously resented the Thrashers, and so he left. This does not seem like the case to me.

When Savard was here, he was good, but he absolutely could NOT play defense. So many goals were scored against us due to him giving away the puck. As for Heatley and Hossa, their situations are obvious, management could do nothing about that.

My only other problems with Management is their horrible draft picks and trades.

Patrik Stefan, anybody?

Coburn for s***nik

Getting Coburn instead of Phaneuf in the first place...

Drafting Bourette when we could have had Kopitar

Drafting Bogosian is quite possibly the only good move as of late

This is a complete joke, Kovalchuk is gone after this season. Why should he stay? Because they stiched a C on his jersy?

I mean I could understand if they had a good owner like they do some other non-hockey market, but atlanta doesn't have that, they don't have a good gm, they dont have a good coach, and they don't have anyone coming up the pipe. I would frustrated aswell. I mean you could find 5 or 6 teams in the NHL who's 2nd line would be than the 1st line in atlanta.

This is a complete joke, Kovalchuk is gone after this season. Why should he stay? Because they stiched a C on his jersy?

I mean I could understand if they had a good owner like they do some other non-hockey market, but atlanta doesn't have that, they don't have a good gm, they dont have a good coach, and they don't have anyone coming up the pipe. I would frustrated aswell. I mean you could find 5 or 6 teams in the NHL who's 2nd line would be than the 1st line in atlanta.

2nd line?

More like any line... <_<

I think this is one way of trying to get him to stay. The team has nothing going for it besides the first line and top 2 d men. They really need a complete overhaul. Weher it includes Kovy or not could be up to him

Does a "C" really mean "Please, stay!"

How many times have we seen a captain get the boot? Vancouver, please? New York Rangers, with Jagr? I mean, even Montreal wouldn't hesitate to trade away their beloved "Captain K" for some draft picks or a few sticks ...

I'm telling you, if Ilya doesn't leave Atlanta now, he'll loose market value big time. Leave while your still worth a few good draft picks and some good forwards, friend!

It's both. It's a PLOY to try to keep him in the LONG TERM PLAN.

Please Ilya, if you stay we'll make you the captain of our sinking ship. Bad ploy, bad long term plan. Bad franchise. Move it to WINNIPEG!!

This is nothing more than a ploy to make him happy and say, "Hey, you're our captain! That is a great honor." He's still gonna leave Atlanta.

Rangers??? lol

Rangers??? lol

I don't think it's Rangers because they'll have their hands full with the attempt signing Zherdev long term.

What I like about Ilya - he never said or even questioned anything about Atlanta, but I can only imagine what goes through his head when everybody was leaving.

I know that he has to learn defense, but I think he is capable of doing that, it all depends on the squad he'll end up with, let's say if it's detroit - he may be brutal with the center like Datsyuk! :) But I kind of think he is not Detroit type of player.