• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
the_winged_wheel

intesting blog

Rate this topic

check out this blog on tsn about the fall of the senators. just wondering what other peoples take is on them. we only see them once a year, but they really have taken some steps back. exactly one year ago the sens a wings were facing off as the number 1 and 2 teams in all the nhl, now the senators are 2nd last in all the nhl.

Senators

Duthie is the Best! :thumbup:

Seems to me that Ottawa needs a new coach and GM. They still have the players to get it done and I would hate to see them clean house. Too bad they lost Chara, he was their defence cornerstone.

Honestly, I don't think theres that much wrong with them. The only real big loss they suffered was Meszaros, and Kuba is probably playing better than Meszaros right now. (Redden was crap, and still is with the Rags). Whats really killing them is underperformance and goaltending.

Alfie, Spezza, Fisher, Vermette, and Heatley are all having terrible sesasons by their standards, and ultimately, that frustration is making it hard to be a Senator right now. Its pretty unusual when you have at least 3 guys who are elite, and another pair who are capable 2nd liners when called upon all simultaneously underproducing.

They don't need to go into total rebuild mode at all. They'll get great picks this year. Adding a guy like Nicklas Backstrom to start with would take them a long way, as well as a half-decent puck-mover. Kuba, although they may not retain him, Volchenkov, and Phillips is hardly a bad way to start your defense, but its a decent drop off after that. Same with their offense.

A goalie, a decent 2nd liner, and a top 4 puck mover could turn this team around pretty quickly. I don't see them as a team thats going to be down and out for long.