• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Reds4Life

Ranking the Red Wings based on "minutes per point"

Rate this topic

That is pretty interesting. I'm surprised by Z's number. Its much higher then i would have ever guessed.

Drapper does a lot for us and his number doesn't concern me.

I also love that Hudler is second. He is a underrated in my eyes.

Cool find Reds4life

Kind of an obscure stat...

This stat is purely controlled by the coaching staff, and their decisions on what amount of ice time each player is given.

But, there's no doubt about it...it is interesting stuff to consider, I just don't think it's that relevant. Just because Hank plays 8 minutes a game more than Huds (for example), doesn't necessarily mean that he'll put up almost double the points.

Just my opinion though...

But, there's no doubt about it...it is interesting stuff to consider, I just don't think it's that relevant. Just because Hank plays 8 minutes a game more than Huds (for example), doesn't necessarily mean that he'll put up almost double the points.

Just my opinion though...

I think it's more relevant for the 3rd and 4th line types because it can show a pattern of a guy who's able to maximize offensive opportunities given limited time on the ice and an assumption that they're supposed to be primarily handling defensive duties.

No big deal in most cases if it's a high ratio, but it can say nice things about someone like Hudler.