• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pjgj13

Bill McCreary

Rate this topic

Is he one of the better refs in the league? I don't think he is one of the refs that "hate" the Wings but why did he not call the penalty where Dats was hit into the boards? That is how careers are ended or changed. Would he have called it if the was "the Poster Boy"?

Also, the "tripping" call on Kopesky, was it really a trip or a nice hip check in open ice?

Seemed like they were trying to even stuff up to me.

Is he one of the better refs in the league? I don't think he is one of the refs that "hate" the Wings but why did he not call the penalty where Dats was hit into the boards? That is how careers are ended or changed. Would he have called it if the was "the Poster Boy"?

Also, the "tripping" call on Kopesky, was it really a trip or a nice hip check in open ice?

May I ask which referees "hate" the Wings, or any team for that matter without getting into O'Hallaran phantom intereference jokes?

Referees don't hate or have it out against any team, nobody is out to conspire against the Red Wings.

Officiating is just going to far from perfect and inconsistent in just about every game played, regardless of the teams. Just a fact of life, and that can be said for pretty much any sport, for better or worse.

If I had to pick one ref to call every Wings game, McCreary would be it every time. He's the best in the game as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. I know there are a couple games where he's had some stinker calls both ways (I think the Chicago game before the WC?), but overall, he's a fair official and calls the game the way it should be called.

If I was to go all conspiracy theory with a ref, however, it would be O'Halloran every time. McGeough, on the other hand, was just incompetent. :P

Are we talking about last nights game against the Kings?

Calder got 2 minutes for charging for that hit on Datsyuk.

McCreary is definitely one of the best in the league.

He actually got 4 minutes for that hit on Datsyuk. It was a Charging/Cross-Check penalty.

I know Calder got the Charging call, but Ken and Murph were commenting on how McCreary was -right there- and wasn't the one who called it, the ref at center ice did. I think that's where the question is coming from.

I, however, like McCreary very much. ^-^

He actually got 4 minutes for that hit on Datsyuk. It was a Charging/Cross-Check penalty.

I think you're thinking of O'Donnell when he went off on Flip for no apparent reason. He got 4 for crosscheck.

I know Calder got the Charging call, but Ken and Murph were commenting on how McCreary was -right there- and wasn't the one who called it, the ref at center ice did. I think that's where the question is coming from.

I, however, like McCreary very much. ^-^

ah, ok. I thought charging was sort of a weird call, but I didn't see how many steps the guy took or anything. Do they not call boarding anymore?

Honestly he didn't hit Dats from behind, it was pretty much to his side, but still a dangerous play with where Dats was relative to the boards. From behind or not, you can't just launch a guy headfirst towards the boards like that. McCreary's not perfect, but he's definitely one of the best the NHL has.

Calder stopped skating a while before any contact was made. Pavel was practically FACING McCreary, which is probably why he didn't raise his arm and call the penalty. It was DEFINITELY checking-from-behind (when did that stop being called as such?) and Calder got two for charging.

Doesn't O'Halloran know to pack his own heat when trolling for hookers? Damn, I thought that was common sense.

Well, i'm not sure why ohelloran is even allowed to ref wings games....as he as publicly stated that he hates detroit because some years ago coming over the canadian border, he was shot, or shot at or something here in detroit...i'm not sure which but i do remember him in an interview saying he hates the city of detroit.

To me i hate ohelloran, and Mcgeough ...look on youtube for mcgeough blown call and you'll see about 30 vids of him just screwing s*** up lol....but Mccreary seems to be an ok ref to me...but how he missed the hit on pavs is beyond me when he was standing 3 feet away.

McCreary is I believe the best in the game as well right now.

And for those of you that hate McGoeugh, it's going to really pain you when he is being inducted into the hhof. Because he probably will.

Yes he did, but the ref 70+ feet away called it. Mcreary could have called something, he looked right at it.

Now if it was Sissy Crosby....................................

Looks like everyone is mixed in Mcreary. I thought he was one of the better refs.

The thing I hate is when something is missed when any ref is looking right at it. When Hossa had the break away, how close was that to a penalty shot? Just curious....

Who could ever forget McGeough's kick-in goal in '06...

Yep Heroes of Hockeytown, I was thinking the samething when I saw this thread!! I still don't know how he f***ed that call up!!

Bill McCreary missed another one lastnight in the Columbus Game. The Devils scored their 2nd goal when the net was obviously off and he said since the right side of the net (which is where the puck went in) was still on that it didn't matter that the left side came off!!

I thought that rule stated that if the net even moves prior to the puck entering the net, its no goal, but I guess not. Hell that play lastnight was even reviewed!!!