• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/17 GDT: Sharks 6, Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Brett Lebda takes really bad penalties at really bad times. Why exactly did he need to knock the net off? Probably to avoid playing actual defense, which he also is horrible at. If Meech is healthy, it is very clear he should be playing over Lebda.

Great game and the intensity is amazing. The Sharks diving is brilliant too. I like how easily a player as big as Thornton falls down. Gift-wrapped goal from the refs there.

I like how the Red Wings have played for the most part. They have had some major defensive lapses where they get caught watching the puck and standing around in their own zone. It's tough to blame Ozzie when there are guys on the ice that forget the concept of defense.

Should be an exciting third period. The Red Wings need to take care of the puck and make good passes out of the zone against the forecheck. Stay out of the box and keep the pressure on Nabokov and the Sharks defense.

6-5 Red Wings and first in the West...

IT WAS FILPPULA! And I doubt it was on purpose.

look, bottom line is since the beggining of the season conks has gotten better and ozzie hasnt. im not sure how else to put it. ur goalie needs to be able to steal games for u and ozzie sure isnt doing that this season

Guest dekeyuk
lol it's 6.30 in the morning and just the 2nd intermission..haha would you americans do it? :P

Well, we have this thing called digital video recording and we pay more for it per month than we do for electricity and water. However, soon when we are all out of our homes and jobless we will be reduced to hand canked AM radios in log cabins or box cars traveling from town to town, then by golly YES, I would do it! :-)

Dude...have you been watching the game? WATCH THE GAME. Anyone without the homer glasses on can see that Osgood isn't playing well. The only reason hes had 33 shots against is because 4 out of every 5 shots against him result in juicy rebounds and more shots against.

At any rate, and .87 save percentage is not good goaltending.

Why do you ask people who are either questioning or disagreeing with your opinion whether or not they're watching the game? Are you convinced that people who disagree with you must be watching a Ron Popeil informercial instead?

YES WE'RE WATCHING THE GAME. QUIT ASKING.

yeah after this game, on top of the other 2 and the last few seasons, the sharks have to be our biggest rivalry, if a sharks player does something that injures one of our stars, or if we meet in the playoffs this year i can see this being a bigger hatred then the avs.

I agree he has not been playing his best but still he is not having a great game, that is no reason to start saying that he needs to be traded and all that other crap... Ozzie will get it together, I trust this team and I trust Babcock and know that he knows what to do about these goalies and the players. No matter what we are still the DETROIT RED WINGS and we don't lose without a fight...

I love how everyones only response is that we shouldn't trade Osgood.

I NEVER said we should trade Osgood. Show me where I said that. Good luck, because a post like that doesn't exist.

Brett Lebda takes really bad penalties at really bad times. Why exactly did he need to knock the net off? Probably to avoid playing actual defense, which he also is horrible at. If Meech is healthy, it is very clear he should be playing over Lebda.

Great game and the intensity is amazing. The Sharks diving is brilliant too. I like how easily a player as big as Thornton falls down. Gift-wrapped goal from the refs there.

I like how the Red Wings have played for the most part. They have had some major defensive lapses where they get caught watching the puck and standing around in their own zone. It's tough to blame Ozzie when there are guys on the ice that forget the concept of defense.

Should be an exciting third period. The Red Wings need to take care of the puck and make good passes out of the zone against the forecheck. Stay out of the box and keep the pressure on Nabokov and the Sharks defense.

6-5 Red Wings and first in the West...

Totally agree but Ozzie has not been great at least.. He made saves but he was not prepared for the rebound.

Suppose you have watched the whole game and Nabby made some key saves such as on Pasha. But Ozzie was not sharp when he was needed to be.

At last, Lebda should not be on the line up. He has done nothing this season and when Meech is back on the roster, Meech should play with Lilja on 3rd defense pair.

Guest dekeyuk
Why do you ask people who are either questioning or disagreeing with your opinion whether or not they're watching the game? Are you convinced that people who disagree with you must be watching a Ron Popeil informercial instead?

Did I miss the infomercial? Damn it, I just went for a glass of water.

Yes, I am. Because no well-knowing fan would say that Osgood has played a good game tonight. The number of rebounds in particular he has given up tonight have been astounding.

It feels like the Wings play more solid when Conks is in net.

They do. Honestly... this season it's the reverse of the issues Hasek and Osgood had. Hasek would turn in a decent game that he'd have won if only the Wings turned in a respectible defensive game, then he'd blow one out his butt. Ozzy would step in and everyone just played better in front of him when they saw him make those early saves. Now it's the flip side- Ozzy struggles a bit and the Wings stop playing confidently in front of him. Conks walks in and everyone tightens up after he makes a few game saving saves.

*sigh* At least that means Jimmy Howard will look sensational as a back-up next season :P

I love Ozzie and Conks has played above the rim this year but we would be absolutely scary if we had a guy like Luongo, Miller etc.....between the pipes. If we had a guy who could steal us a game we could open it up even more which would be pretty damn frightening for other teams !!

I'd rather see the sharks lose the game and put up 60 shots on goal, than lose and put up 30 shots, just because it'd be a bigger hit to their ego :).

I think the 5on3 has a lot to do with how many shot they have. We can not give them free PP's they are just as deadly as us on them. That goal by Z took the crowd out of it, but that that last goal has them right back in it.

Why is everyone panicked? Blame OZzie this that the other thing.

Its 4-4, we were down going into the 2nd, alot of hockey left and most importantly we are the DETROIT RED WINGS.

look, bottom line is since the beggining of the season conks has gotten better and ozzie hasnt. im not sure how else to put it. ur goalie needs to be able to steal games for u and ozzie sure isnt doing that this season

I've got to agree with you here. I love ozzie as much as the next person, but you can't really use that 'well he' won us 2 cups' reason to play him. Unfortuantely, what has he done lately? He's not been that good and he'll be the first to admit it.

When it comes to tonight, we are playing the best or in my opinion, second best (to our wings) team in the league, so I mean, you can't fault the goalies here. They're facing alot of talent. The wings are taking retarded penalties, 2 penalties called for knocking the net off (both of which in my opinion shoudln't have been called), a penaltie on Lilja to put them down 2 which was another retarded call, and here we are.

It's been the best game of the season for sure thus far...

I love Ozzie and Conks has played above the rim this year but we would be absolutely scary if we had a guy like Luongo, Miller etc.....between the pipes. If we had a guy who could steal us a game we could open it up even more which would be pretty damn frightening for other teams !!

We don't need a goalie to steal a game. We need our goalie to steal a goal.

So your only argument is

1) Semantics.

2) Hyperbole.

I never said to trade him. And I don't literally hate him. Carry on with your non-rebuttal.

No, my argument is that you need to calm down. And before you start ranting again, YES I'M WATCHING THE GAME.

yeah after this game, on top of the other 2 and the last few seasons, the sharks have to be our biggest rivalry, if a sharks player does something that injures one of our stars, or if we meet in the playoffs this year i can see this being a bigger hatred then the avs.

too bad we have nobody that will do anything about it.

Guest dekeyuk
have the shots really been this lopsided? it doens't seem like it watching the game, it's seemed pretty back and fourth.

No they are swarming us. 34 to 21! I see one team forechecking like mad out there tonight and they aint wearing Red. We can play these guys. If we bring it all on, we can beat them, no doubt.

P.S. Our pussyness at the end of the 2nd got us a penalty. If we score is it worth our manliness?