• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/17 GDT: Sharks 6, Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Guest nutz2u
fair enough to respond in kind. i am not usually a combative poster; will you at least acknowledge the fact that stating that you are not going to watch a game because you assume your team is going to lose is a little...weak, at least.

by the way: i at least gave reasons for my combativeness. you gave none.

You don't know s*** about me.......... I was there through DARKNESS WITH HARKNESS. I was there when Ilitch bought the team and when they drafted Yzerman. So you sir can just piss off.. If I don't want to stay up until 1am to watch Osgood play s***ty goal which he has done for the vast majority of the games he has played that is my perogative, so eat s*** and die.

Guest mindfly

It's funny how they dont call them obvious offsides where a player pass a really long perfect pass to a player who's offside by a foot or so, the refs think they deserve a goal for that nice pass.. in SEL that never happens, refs are extreme, and that's good, with offsides, they seem to let off a few here and there in NHL.. PITY

i didn't see the post-game, so it may be out of context, but that's how he's quoted in the game summary on espn.com.

"They scored on their breakaways, and we didn't score on ours. We had [Dan] Cleary all by himself, and didn't finish. Pav[el Datsyuk] was home free on a breakaway, and didn't finish. There's the hockey game."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=290117018

I think what he was saying isn't that the blame for the loss should be put on Datsyuk not finishing that breakaway. What he meant is the game was up for grabs and came down to a couple of plays that easily could have gone either way and changed the outcome of the game.

Guest mindfly
It would have been nice to beat the Sharks, but I don't mind finishing 2nd in the Conference. Let the Sharks finish 1st.

As someone said, it's not very good to "give away" the 7th game, it will be played in the shark tank, if they are to meet in the WCF :(

Don't forget we were outshot. Ozzie can't get all the blame if we allow 41 shots.

It's not to say it's all Ozzie's fault but in a 6-5 loss the difference boiled down to a few plays. It was a playoff type of margin of error last night. Nabby was just a bit better than Ozzie.

It's funny how they dont call them obvious offsides where a player pass a really long perfect pass to a player who's offside by a foot or so, the refs think they deserve a goal for that nice pass.. in SEL that never happens, refs are extreme, and that's good, with offsides, they seem to let off a few here and there in NHL.. PITY

Do you post in some SEL forum about how crappy your SEL team is and how the NHL is a better league, or do you just take up space here?

I was thinking last night that it was smart to start Osgood. We got to see what Ozzie can do vs the Sharks and we can always go to Conklin who has the psychological edge of the 6-0 shutout against them. Most hockey analysts say the Wings' achilles heel is in net and I agree. If the Wings put in an A- game against a top opponent they won't have the luxury of Ozzie outright stealing them a win. Conklin's still a question mark though.

Edited by dicksmack

It would have been nice to beat the Sharks, but I don't mind finishing 2nd in the Conference. Let the Sharks finish 1st.

I really don't see it finishing this way, though. The schedule favors Detroit in the 2nd half. They've played more road than home games while the Sharks have played the majority of their games at home. The Sharks probably can't play any better than they have while the Wings really only have played good enough to win most games. I'm not sure about the Sharks, but the Wings will have finished all their tough, west coast road trips after this one. The chances are pretty good that Detroit passes the Sharks in the regular season.

LOL, i know this game must be a real thrill for you but on my end losing this one means little to nothing at all. As a Wings fans from 1989, sorry i dont know was there a Sj team then? Cant remember. Anyways i know which games mean something and although this was a "big deal game" throughout the NHL, I dont dwell over 1 game in the regular season. That being said thank you come again.... Kiss the rings *****, LOL.

P.S - Joe Thornton IS a nobody in the playoffs at this point in time, im just stating a fact. He has no heart from what I have seen, hey let him prove me wrong but right now what i have said is reality, just like the SJ Sharks are #1 in the NHL, its no difference, you see how i can tell it like it is.

Uh huh, and the million dollar question is would you take him if you had the chance? And please don't tell me no.

Uh huh, and the million dollar question is would you take him if you had the chance? And please don't tell me no.

Depends on the how much he wants and what the situation is, there isn't a yes or no answer.

Guest DetroitBoy313
Great game! MARLEAU WAS OFFSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel better,

esteef

THANK YOU!!!! Jesus Christ! Do you people realize we lost on a missed call?? We didn't get killed 5 or 6-0!!! We lost by ONE goal!! We scored 5 goals in one of the hardest places to play in the NHL.

THANK YOU!!!! Jesus Christ! Do you people realize we lost on a missed call?? We didn't get killed 5 or 6-0!!! We lost by ONE goal!! We scored 5 goals in one of the hardest places to play in the NHL.

I'm gonna have to disagree. When I saw it slowed down, it was way too close to call. It doesn't matter though. It was just another game.

Guest mindfly
The Sharks have to get to the Conference Finals first.

They will with this team, and a coach that's probably even better than Babcock.. total different team from last year even though the roster almost looks the same.

Did the season end? I wasn't aware that the Sharks finished first in the Conference, considering the Wings are still the hottest team in the league and will continue to march past the Sharks.

????

They just won the Stanley Cup, didn't you hear the Shark Tank?

I'm gonna have to disagree. When I saw it slowed down, it was way too close to call. It doesn't matter though. It was just another game.

What i've seen on the replay: Marleau's back foot was ON the line. Pretty sure that's legal, so blame the Defence for not being aware of him, or give credit to Marleau for his great speed!

It felt like those few minutes in the third, we fell asleep, we slowed down big time. Maybe we were tired, but we found the extra push in the end, this is a good sign for the wings to have resiliency.

What i've seen on the replay: Marleau's back foot was ON the line. Pretty sure that's legal, so blame the Defence for not being aware of him, or give credit to Marleau for his great speed!

Exactly. His foot was on the line. Ergo, legal. And I think it was a combination of a "less than aware" defense and Marleau's speed that resulted in a goal. It's a shame that some fans get overreactingly upset over a pretty meaningless game. These are the same people who would have been completely content with the goal if it was Dats splitting the D at the blue line...maybe calling it genius.

Regardless, aren't we always bitching about not being tested? And then becoming complacent as the season nears its end? Consider this a motivational game then.