• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:58 AM

My inner psychic, I'll name it Marie, tells me that the Wings may have a future third line of Tatar-V. Filppula-Nyquist.

Even though these crystal ball lines that include today's prospects probably change every week in Marie's prophecies, on paper that looks exciting if Tatar and Nyquist can do what they do at the NHL level.

#42 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:13 PM

No prospect was hotter in February than Maine's Gustav Nyquist (DET). The junior winger started off the month with a bang, posting his first career hat trick in the Black Bears' 6-3 win over New Hampshire on Feb. 4th. All of his goals came on the power play. In Maine's eight games during February, Nyquist posted 14 points (ten goals, four assists). He posted points in seven of the eight games, having been held pointless only in the Feb. 18 game at UMass-Lowell. His outstanding performance earned him the Hockey East Player of the Month honor for February. Nyquist currently leads Maine with 42 points (16 goals, 26 assists) playing in all 32 games to date. His 26 assists also lead the Black Bears.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#43 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

I've watched a few of his games this year and I've really noticed his skating. I don't know if he's known as a fast skater or not, but he always looks like the fastest player on the ice when I watch him. Here's a video of a recent game, he scores at the beginning and at 1:50...

#44 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:33 AM

He's not the fastest, but he is a very smooth skater. Kind of like Zetterberg. Z isn't the best skater, but he is very efficient.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#45 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:18 AM

Wings expecting a decision soon on whether he'll go pro or stay in school:

http://www.freep.com...-Gustav-Nyquist

So what does everyone think, is he better off staying for his Sr year or does he start the clocking ticking on his waiver exemption period? With Mursak, Emmerton,& Tatar the next three in line, I don't see the major rush for him to turn pro just yet.

#46 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:56 PM

Finishing the season with Grand Rapids now, in 5 games he has 1G 2A +1 0 PIM :thumbup:

#47 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:27 PM

Finishing the season with Grand Rapids now, in 5 games he has 1G 2A +1 0 PIM :thumbup:

He seems to be a great addition there.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#48 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

He's just a smart player that plays great defense. Like Sheahan, they could play on the Wings 4th line right now and not be out of place, but it's good we don't rush our prospects so they can mature! Look at all the other orgs that rush their prospects and tank every single year.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#49 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:22 PM

From the few games with the Griffins Ive seen of Nyquist he looks really good out there. Definitely the real deal.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#50 xBflinker

xBflinker

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

Nyquist did pretty good in his few games with the griffs. Will be nice to see what he does with a full year in GR. Definitely seems to have a bright future.

Also, he probably has the sweetest name ever...all the more reason to love him!!!

#51 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

We've seen this before though where a prospect does well in a few games the year before his first full year. All of a sudden it's a new year with pressure and big expectations and he struggles. (Mursak, Andersson, Lashoff). I'm still excited for Gus but hopefully he can overcome those first year obstacles.

#52 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:06 PM

"He was arguably our best player," Griffins coach Curt Fraser said.

http://www.freep.com...5/1053/sports05

:blink:

I mean... Wow. Not sure if I agree.

#53 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:04 AM

Gustav Nyquist: Sniper, sniper, sniper. Still lurks in the back door for pretty plays that arent there, can still be plastered to the boards because he thinks he has an extra half-second and still too lanky for his build, but man, can he produce a highlight reels worth of goals, passes, breakaway rushes and sniping shots that suddenly find goaltenders who expose no holes beaten like Swiss cheese.

Seriously, this guy is going to become a fan favourite. I think all he needs is more time spent in the gym, and learn to simplify certain aspects of his game. Hes got tons of skill, I see him becoming another Filppula, but probably with a little more offence.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#54 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:34 AM

:blink:

I mean... Wow. Not sure if I agree.

I agree, because he is the most well rounded player and always plays up to his competition.

He is always going to manage to push the team to play better, and has a nack for being the best player in any situation. Not saying it will always be that way, but he enjoys the game enough for it not to surprise me.

I tell you our Forward prospects are STACKED!

If there was no cap and all these guys came into their prime at the same time we would end up with two teams worth of NHL talent. No joke. (not saying they will be great teams, but they would most likely beat your dregs)

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#55 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:55 AM

Current all-prospect forwards line-up:

Nyquist - Jarnkrok - Pulkkinen
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Emmerton - Aubry - Mursak
Nestrasil - Andersson - Callahan

:thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#56 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:09 AM

Current all-prospect forwards line-up:

Nyquist - Jarnkrok - Pulkkinen
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Emmerton - Aubry - Mursak
Nestrasil - Andersson - Callahan

:thumbup:

What about the Defense?

Don't leave them out!!!
Smith- Sproul
Lashoff- Nicastro
Almqvist-Jensen
Backman- Marchenko
Ouellet... leaving out Marshall and others...

#57 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:20 AM

What about the Defense?

Don't leave them out!!!
Smith- Sproul
Lashoff- Nicastro
Almqvist-Jensen
Backman- Marchenko
Ouellet... leaving out Marshall and others...

Judging by what I'm reading from Malik, I like the Smith-Almquist pairing. :thumbup:

#58 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

Judging by what I'm reading from Malik, I like the Smith-Almquist pairing. :thumbup:

I broke them up by what hand they were.

Almqvist is already one of my favs. I swear he will be Brian Rafalski jr. He just needs a ton more time to develop.

lol smith and Sproul would be a disaster in real life. No defense all offense.

#59 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

Sorry double post.

Edited by Majsheppard, 14 July 2011 - 11:24 AM.

#60 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

Nill on Nyquist:

I think Nyquist is going to have a big year...I think in a lot of the other areas you'd be hearing that teams would really be saying, "ooh we've got this guy coming in," but we don't do it that way. We're kind of quiet about it. I think he's going to turn a lot of heads. I think about half way through the year people are going to be hearing about this guy a lot more.