• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
syntax

Gustav Nyquist

Rate this topic

We've seen this before though where a prospect does well in a few games the year before his first full year. All of a sudden it's a new year with pressure and big expectations and he struggles. (Mursak, Andersson, Lashoff). I'm still excited for Gus but hopefully he can overcome those first year obstacles.

Gustav Nyquist: Sniper, sniper, sniper. Still lurks in the back door for pretty plays that aren’t there, can still be plastered to the boards because he thinks he has an extra half-second and still too lanky for his build, but man, can he produce a highlight reel’s worth of goals, passes, breakaway rushes and sniping shots that suddenly find goaltenders who expose no holes beaten like Swiss cheese.

Seriously, this guy is going to become a fan favourite. I think all he needs is more time spent in the gym, and learn to simplify certain aspects of his game. He’s got tons of skill, I see him becoming another Filppula, but probably with a little more offence.

:blink:

I mean... Wow. Not sure if I agree.

I agree, because he is the most well rounded player and always plays up to his competition.

He is always going to manage to push the team to play better, and has a nack for being the best player in any situation. Not saying it will always be that way, but he enjoys the game enough for it not to surprise me.

I tell you our Forward prospects are STACKED!

If there was no cap and all these guys came into their prime at the same time we would end up with two teams worth of NHL talent. No joke. (not saying they will be great teams, but they would most likely beat your dregs)

Current all-prospect forwards line-up:

Nyquist - Jarnkrok - Pulkkinen

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Emmerton - Aubry - Mursak

Nestrasil - Andersson - Callahan

:thumbup:

What about the Defense?

Don't leave them out!!!

Smith- Sproul

Lashoff- Nicastro

Almqvist-Jensen

Backman- Marchenko

Ouellet... leaving out Marshall and others...

What about the Defense?

Don't leave them out!!!

Smith- Sproul

Lashoff- Nicastro

Almqvist-Jensen

Backman- Marchenko

Ouellet... leaving out Marshall and others...

Judging by what I'm reading from Malik, I like the Smith-Almquist pairing. :thumbup:

Judging by what I'm reading from Malik, I like the Smith-Almquist pairing. :thumbup:

I broke them up by what hand they were.

Almqvist is already one of my favs. I swear he will be Brian Rafalski jr. He just needs a ton more time to develop.

lol smith and Sproul would be a disaster in real life. No defense all offense.

Nill on Nyquist:

I think Nyquist is going to have a big year...I think in a lot of the other areas you'd be hearing that teams would really be saying, "ooh we've got this guy coming in," but we don't do it that way. We're kind of quiet about it. I think he's going to turn a lot of heads. I think about half way through the year people are going to be hearing about this guy a lot more.

Starting to (finally) create some noise.

Gus

Gustav Nyquist generates buzz in Red Wings scrimmage

Traverse City— He's not going to make the roster this season, but file the name of Gustav Nyquist in the back of your collective hockey minds.

In a few seasons, Nyquist could become the next player everyone will say the Red Wings stole in the draft.

A fourth-round pick in 2008 out of Maine, the Swedish forward has followed an impressive prospects tournament with a solid performance in intra-squad scrimmages.

"It was fun to be out there, it was a blast," said Nyquist, who scored an eye-opening wraparound goal during Tuesday's scrimmage, helping the White win 5-2.

2nd line winger, for sure. Can't wait to see what he produces in GR this season. I'm not predicting anything stupid like PPG, or even 60 points, I'll say anything above 40 points would be a good return, but his upside is so promising. No doubt a draft steal.

Not even 3 months ago said this about Gus: "I think about half way through the year people are going to be hearing about this guy a lot more".

Happened a heck of a lot sooner than that!! I think Gus' play took even the Wings by surprise. I'm sure they expected him to show some talent, but not even they could've seen coming the performances he put forward. As each day passed he must have made their decision a little harder, in the end he's only going to GR because he's got options.

Can't wait to see what this kid can develop into.

For such an exciting prospect, you barely hear anything about him. I guess being in college means you're less likely to attract the spotlight, but after a slow start to the season he's really coming on now. He'll likely go back for a 4th and final year in college but I'd much prefer to get him to the AHL.

We're hearing it now :)

This thread makes me miss Titanium... :(