• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:44 AM

Starting to (finally) create some noise.

Gus

Gustav Nyquist generates buzz in Red Wings scrimmage

Traverse City— He's not going to make the roster this season, but file the name of Gustav Nyquist in the back of your collective hockey minds.

In a few seasons, Nyquist could become the next player everyone will say the Red Wings stole in the draft.

A fourth-round pick in 2008 out of Maine, the Swedish forward has followed an impressive prospects tournament with a solid performance in intra-squad scrimmages.

"It was fun to be out there, it was a blast," said Nyquist, who scored an eye-opening wraparound goal during Tuesday's scrimmage, helping the White win 5-2.

2nd line winger, for sure. Can't wait to see what he produces in GR this season. I'm not predicting anything stupid like PPG, or even 60 points, I'll say anything above 40 points would be a good return, but his upside is so promising. No doubt a draft steal.

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#62 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:34 PM

Hands down my favorite prospect. Extremely skilled and extremely mature as a hockey player and a person.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#63 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:55 PM

Not even 3 months ago said this about Gus: "I think about half way through the year people are going to be hearing about this guy a lot more".

Happened a heck of a lot sooner than that!! I think Gus' play took even the Wings by surprise. I'm sure they expected him to show some talent, but not even they could've seen coming the performances he put forward. As each day passed he must have made their decision a little harder, in the end he's only going to GR because he's got options.

Can't wait to see what this kid can develop into.

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#64 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:41 AM

For such an exciting prospect, you barely hear anything about him. I guess being in college means you're less likely to attract the spotlight, but after a slow start to the season he's really coming on now. He'll likely go back for a 4th and final year in college but I'd much prefer to get him to the AHL.

We're hearing it now :)

This thread makes me miss Titanium... :(
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#65 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

Real deal for sure. Hank 2.0 maybe? ;)
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#66 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

Real deal for sure. Hank 2.0 maybe? ;)

I dont think he played like Hank, more of a Filppula or Datsyuk. Very shifty and good hands, didnt protect the puck with his body a tonne like Z does

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#67 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Through the first 3 games, Goose has 2 goals and 2 assists for 4 points.

Posted Image

#68 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

Finally get to see him play with the big boys tonight.

#69 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

How good is this bloke?! Wow. What a steal!

He is so skilled, so creative and shifty with the puck. He's so active out there, always making something happening.

He's going to be a 20-40 type forward for many years. :thumbup: