• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nev

Who is actually tradeable on this Roster?

Rate this topic

So we're always seeing comments on LGW calling for Stuart, or Draper or whoever to be traded. What I wanted to do was create a definitive list of who has No Trade Clauses, and the relative worth of everyone else.

Holy Triumvirate

Lidstrom

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

One is the current captain, one is the future captain, the other is our best player. We're not winning the Stanley Cup without them

No Trade Clause

Stuart

Draper

Cleary

Rafalski

Tradeable but unlikely

Hossa (7.45) We didn't sign him to trade him away

Holmstrom (2.45) Unthinkable that he wouldn't be on the PP

Franzen (0.94) Key player - could only envision him being traded as part of a blockbuster deal

Conklin (0.75) Are we really going to trade away our only decent (and cheap) goalie?

Little to no trade value

Chelios (0.75) UFA

McCarty (0.50) UFA No one picked him up on waivers, so they certainly won't trade for him

Kopecky (0.50) UFA I know everyone wants rid, but standalone he's worthless

Meech (0.48)

Lebda (0.65) See Kopecky

Osgood (1.41) Who wants a goalie playing like trash right now?

Most of these guys could only be traded away as makeweights in a deal to create roster and/or cap space

Tradeable

Filpulla (3.0) His cap number makes him expendable if we want an expensive player, but we WILL need him next year after the exodus of FAs.

Samuellson (1.2) UFA Not a huge amount of worth, and is a Babcock favourite to boot

Hudler (1.0) RFA Has a lot of value IMO. If we want a veteran off a basement dweller at the deadline they're going to want young players and picks. Huds is probly gone in the summer anyway as he's Babcock's *****, and we would get something in return

Maltby (0.88) The most tradeable of the lot IMO. We need to get his cap number off the books for next year and the only way to do that is a trade - if he retires or gets waived, we still have to count his salary against the cap. He's taking up a roster spot that belongs to Helm/Abdelkader. His post-season experience would probably make him attractive to a young contender like Boston or Washington

Kronwall (3.0) Injury prone and can't hit the net, and its pretty clear now that Nick Jr will never become Nick Mk.II Would only be traded as part of a blockbuster deal though.

Lilja (1.25) Not a huge amount of value, but if they wanted to upgrade the 3rd pairing....

If I've missed anyone off, or a NTC, let me know and I'll update the list.

Its worth bearing in mind that the wings are unlikely to be in the race for the big names at the deadline due to our old problem of roster space and the cap. That, and the fact that our roster is stacked, with the exception of the 4th line. Most folks here would like to see a Jamal Meyers or Chris Neil picked up at the deadline - that will require us to clear roster and (maybe) cap space and basement dwellers will want young players and/or picks for them.

So we're always seeing comments on LGW calling for Stuart, or Draper or whoever to be traded.

Uh, not to head you off at the pass here, but do we really? I'm going to disagree with you on that one.

To further undermine you like a dick (sorry! :P) I'd put it at about 0% that anyone on this roster is going to be traded. It's been a long time since the Wings moved someone on their active roster at the deadline (Chelios for Eriksson I think), and it's not about to start with the Cup winning roster.

No, he is not. Kenny and co. would never ever trade Nicklas Lidstrom.

As for the original topic, I think Filppula will be traded if Franzen is signed.

While I don't necessarily think this will happen, I wouldn't mind it in the least. It creates cap space, and I just don't see Filppula developing into the type of player his contract demands. It wasn't a horrible signing by Kenny IMHO, but I don't think it was a great one either.

Guest mindfly

Maybe they can force rafalski out of the lineup, even though he is good he's not worth the money he's getting... hmm maybe he gets pissed off if they bench him, everyone in the locker room starts to hate him.. maybe then he will waive his NTC? *oops wake up* wonderful dream though

honestly i hope they dont trade anyone on the team because i like all of them but probably the most to go i would say would be lilja even though he just did sign a contract but like the article said hes not worth much but it could upgrade our 3rd line just a little more

It's been a long time since the Wings moved someone on their active roster at the deadline (Chelios for Eriksson I think), and it's not about to start with the Cup winning roster.

Kuznetzov & Avery for Schneider?

Yes, we don't do it often, but we've never been hamstrung by the cap and roster space before either.

Uh, not to head you off at the pass here, but do we really? I'm going to disagree with you on that one

Do you not read many threads on here? :blink:

Kuznetzov & Avery for Schneider?

Yeah, you're right. If the two weren't so completely worthless and forgettable I'd have mentioned them. :lol:

Yes, we don't do it often, but we've never been hamstrung by the cap and roster space before either.

Once the trade deadline has passed the roster restrictions are lifted and once the playoffs start the salaries are paid and the cap is a non-issue, so whatever problems they're having now with bringing in guys and injury replacements from the minors, they won't when it matters.

Do you not read many threads on here? :blink:

I think a lot of people use any criticism of a player to make sarcastic remarks about trading players, and there are always a few wackos proposing outlandish trades, but it's been much better here than in seasons past.

Hey Yzersukstromberg, get a grip we know you're not a real wings fan, its not like you have a tattoo or anything.

dude i'm sorry but if your agreeing with the the person he quoted i dont even know what to say it just wont ever happen lidstrom will NEVER be traded

Kopecky for Jamal Mayers straight up.

We get another Dallas Drake type and Toronto gets younger.

Does this work salary cap wise though? Don't know.

I've always wanted Mayers on the Wings, but I can't see Toronto making that trade since they just acquired him this season.

He also makes $1.4 million to Kopecky's half a mill.

EDIT: And the only way Lidstrom gets traded from the Wings is if he asks for a trade.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

dude i'm sorry but if your agreeing with the the person he quoted i dont even know what to say it just wont ever happen lidstrom will NEVER be traded

NO No, no worries, Yzersukstromberg is my brother and I just noticed he posted so I was chirping him. As far as Im concerned, Im voting Lidstrom for Governor.

Stuart has only an NTC for the last 2 years of his contract, so he is TRADEABLE

+considering our logjam on defense, and the fact that he is our only expendable defenseman that has a big salary (Lids, Rafs, and Kronner won t go anywhere) i think there is a possibility he could be gone at the draft...

NO No, no worries, Yzersukstromberg is my brother and I just noticed he posted so I was chirping him. As far as Im concerned, Im voting Lidstrom for Governor.

lol ok i just thought it was werid ok lol sorry about that man

Guest mindfly

Stuart/Rafalski/Kronwall/Filppula must go, they have got decent contracts but they are not playing as good to deserve them