Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,915 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

VS

Preview- Red Wings at Coyotes

Recap- Red Wings 3 at Coyotes 6

Detroit: 31-8-6, 15-5-4 Road Record, 68 pts; 1st in Central Division, 2nd Overall in Western Conference
Last Game: Lost to SJ 6-5 Recap

Phoenix: 23-19-5, 15-6-2 Home Record, 51 pts; 3rd in Pacific Division, 6th Overall in Western Conference
Last Game: Lost to EDM 6-3 Recap

Last DET-PHX meeing: 12/13, DET 5 at PHX 4 (SO) Recap

Goals
DET Marian Hossa: 22
PHX Shane Doan: 18

Assists
DET Pavel Datsyuk: 35
PHX Shane Doan: 26

Plus/Minus
DET Pavel Datsyuk: +21
PHX Ken Klee: +9
----
DET Kris Draper: -12
PHX Ed Jovanovski and Enver Lisin: -13

PIM
DET Andreas Lilja: 36
PHX Daniel Carcillo: 123

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Cleary-Zetterberg-Hossa
Hudler-Draper-Samuelsson
Meech-Kopecky-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski
Kronwall-Lilja
Stuart-Chelios
Lebda scratched

DET Ty Conklin
16-5-1, 2.21 GAA, .922 SV %, 5 SO

PHX Ilya Bryzgalov
17-15-4, 2.76 GAA, .912 SV %, 2 SO

DET Johan Franzen (hip strain) will not play, DET Darren McCarty (groin) out

PHX Kurt Sauer (lower body) out, Viktor Tikhonov (hand) out

Thanks to Saran for the new icons thumbup.gif

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 21 January 2009 - 11:34 AM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 Elshupacabra

Elshupacabra

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:43 PM

These icons are much easier to read. thumbup.gif

#3 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

An early game (compared to the last three)!!! Wings come out strong in front of the home, errr, away crowd, scoring 3 goals in the first period, 2 by Datsyuk and 1 by Lidstrom. The final score is 6-1. The one phoenix goal coming from a deflection on the powerplay. The only scoring chance that phoenix got the entire game. The wings defense plays that stellar.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010, 19 January 2009 - 11:51 PM.

Go Blue!!!

#4 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:49 PM

5-2.

Holmstrom, Cleary (2), Datsyuk and Hudler.

The Almighty Stuart with three assists for a "resting" Lidstrom, who only plays 21 minutes in the last game before the ASG.

Conklin with 22 saves.

#5 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:29 AM

Wings take this one handily, I'll say 14-3. Lilja, Stuart and Kopecky all get Gordie Howe hat tricks, each of them taking turns demolishing Carcillo. Datsyuk gets his 1st 2 regular season hatties in this game, Hank adds 3, and Hossa piles on 2 more.

It's gonna happen.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#6 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:48 AM

Hank scores in the first period.
The score in the third is still 1-0, despite the Wings leading shots 50-11.
LGW goes insane because we're not winning by 2 or more.
Flip goes online during the 2nd intermission and reads on LGW that people want him to shoot more and pass less. He gets a hat trick.

Wings win 4-0.

LGW still grumbles.

#7 Williams29fan

Williams29fan

THe NiCkeRS

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:58 AM

4-0 another SO for Conks!

Huds, Hossa, Dats, and Sammy

#8 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:18 AM

Light Bryz Up!!!!!!! (i will never get used to saying those words haha ) homer with 2 goals Hossa with 1 dry.gif

Edited by Duck Guy, 20 January 2009 - 02:19 AM.

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#9 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:47 AM

Get a good look at Carcillo folks. He'll be doing the job Kopecky should be doing on our 4th line.

Wings - 6
Yotes - 0

Goals: Flip, Flip, Flip, Flip, Flip, and Lilly!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#10 elriqo28

elriqo28

head tap!

• PipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:35 AM

I will be glad when this west coast swing is done. I cant stay up to watch the games working on this God-awful shift. 4am is killer!! Go Wings.

#11 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:52 AM

Hossa hurt his hamstring during the practice but said he will probably play because it was nothing serious.

#12 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:09 AM

Current Streaks

Season Streaks
Overall: 1-Game Losing Streak
Road: 1-Game Losing Streak

Streaks vs. Phoenix
Overall:
9-Game Winning Streak (1 overtime)
Road:
7-Game Winning Streak (2 overtime and 1 shutout)
8-Game Unbeaten Streak (1 tie in 2004, 2 overtime and 1 shutout).

Record on This Date
January 20
This is the 29th game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 28 games:

10W-16L-2T.

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#13 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:13 AM

Look for Conklin to continue fighting for the starting goaltender position, post another 1 goal allowed or a shutout. Watch for the defense to step it up and shut down what little offense Phoenix will have going for it. Look for Phoenix to get frustrated, take bad penalties, and knock the Wings around in the closing minutes of the game. Oh, and look for Datsyuk to completely obliterate Bryz.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#14 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (VM1138 @ January 20, 2009 - 11:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look for Conklin to continue fighting for the starting goaltender position, post another 1 goal allowed or a shutout. Watch for the defense to step it up and shut down what little offense Phoenix will have going for it. Look for Phoenix to get frustrated, take bad penalties, and knock the Wings around in the closing minutes of the game. Oh, and look for Datsyuk to completely obliterate Bryz.

phoenix isnt as bad as you say, if you remember last game they went toe-to-toe with us on goals. but that was in december before the wings started cleaning up their act, plus ozzie was in net, so im expecting a much better defensive game out of them. i have a feeling conklin will be solid in this one. i wish mule was playing, hes one of my favorites to see live. ill be pretty close to ice in this one for a change. section 119 baby. look for my LGW.com sign smile.gif

by my rules for no prediction on games i attend, lets just pull this one out and head home with 7 of 10 points.
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#15 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:14 PM

The Wings could only be so lucky to play this historic(maybe?) match up in the esteemed and venerable Jobing.com Arena. Yes, the very same Jobing.com Arena that houses the formidable Wayne Gretzky and some other hockey players. Yea verily, Jobing.com Arena.

J-j-jobing.com Arena, yessiree.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#16 Yzersyukstromberg

Yzersyukstromberg

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

Wings win tonight 5-1

Datsyuk gets 3 points (1G-2A)
Zetterberg gets 2 points (1G-1A)
Hudler gets 2 points (0G-2A)

Conks gets another win and continues to make his case for the starting goaltender job.

GO WINGS!
Any day is a good day when the Red Wings win.....

TIME FOR THE PLAYOFF PUSH...LET'S GO BOYS!!

#17 The Mule

The Mule

A Nightmare on Helm Street

• Silver Booster
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

Phoenix have been playing good hockey as of late, and I'm really pulling for them to make the playoffs (it's nice to see new teams slip under the radar here and there, and Shane Doan is one of my favorite players in the NHL), but I have a stinging feeling the Wings will control tonight's game with ease.

With that said, the Wings will win 5-1 on goals from Datsyuk x2, Zetterberg x2, and Cleary (who will make up for the lack of Franzen's presence in front of the net). Conks will continue his strong play, and Detroit will issue a strong defensive game, reminding the rest of the league that until the Cup is taken from us, we are the team to beat.

#18 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (The Mule @ January 20, 2009 - 12:35PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Phoenix have been playing good hockey as of late, and I'm really pulling for them to make the playoffs (it's nice to see new teams slip under the radar here and there, and Shane Doan is one of my favorite players in the NHL), but I have a stinging feeling the Wings will control tonight's game with ease.

With that said, the Wings will win 5-1 on goals from Datsyuk x2, Zetterberg x2, and Cleary (who will make up for the lack of Franzen's presence in front of the net). Conks will continue his strong play, and Detroit will issue a strong defensive game, reminding the rest of the league that until the Cup is taken from us, we are the team to beat.

I agree, it's always nice to have a rotation of teams at the bottom level in the playoffs. For instance, it'll be nice if Columbus ever makes it to the playoffs. I always kind of liked Phoenix, a little at least.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#19 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:49 PM

Wings bounce back after that last game and win this one, dont know how and i dont care but the Wings win.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:09 PM

First off, its good to be back talking hockey on LGW after an extended absence!

As for tonight, Phoenix has looked pretty impressive at times this season. But the way we've been playing lately has been nothing short of dominant. I think Conks has another big outing and our offense keeps their intensity going. 5-1 final tonight.
-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk