• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/20 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Coyotes 6

Rate this topic

Zetterberg has been diminished by the linemates he plays with. I have said it before and I am going to keep saying it until something changes. If you want the guy to put up superstar numbers, play him with a superstar line. Dats is putting points up no matter what. I have to definitely give him the edge in skill level. But Z can't do it by himself, folks. Sorry, that's the truth.

Oh, yeah, and Osgood sucked again tonight. (IT'S THE DEFENCE AND TURNOVERS....)

Yeah, damn Osgood sitting his ass on the bench and not between the pipes where a goalie belongs :rolleyes: (The previous statement is a product of failure to denote sarcasm in quoted post :P)

Absolutely awful 3rd period, I couldn't even watch it. Franzen being out was bad enough, but dropping Stuart early and then losing out on Dats definitely threw a curve ball that they just were NOT prepared to deal with. It's something they need to address - because what happens if this were to occur in the post-season? You can't hang your entire team on one forward like Pav and then let the defense lapse and just throw the blame on Stuart's absence.

Hate the break in the action, but I'll be glad for this All-Star Break so our boys can rest up and we can get our lines figured out.

Edited by Krystal

^ I think it's obvious to everyone, and hopefully one day Babcock, that Hossa and Zetterberg don't play well together. Seems like the majority of their points are on the powerplay when their split up.

As mentioned above, Zetterberg and Datsyuk should be playing together again with Homer. Franzen doesn't need Datsyuk half as bad as Zetterberg does right now. Franzen will get it done no matter where he is. Hossa can play with Franzen and Cleary.

I could not watch since the 2nd period, which was tied 3-3 at the end of the period so I don't know how the Wings played in the 3rd but as a score tells us 6-3, no excuse for this lose and I don't feel bad for this lose. As I saw the box score, in my opinion, this game shows all weak points of our Wings right now.

Our special team in my view is actually in a way terrible. Our powerplay is actually beautiful that leads the league usually. But our PK is just awful. I heard from Ken Daniels that our PK is almost at the deadly last in the league on the road game, which totally contrasts to our home game PK, which is ridiculously good and the best in the league. Allowed 2 out of 6 is not really good.

Conks was not a big help either. As I looked at the 2nd period, Conks was not as confident as before games. But I still think Conks is better than Ozzie this season and I don't mind we rotate our goalies again.

As I mentioned before, Babs should be stopping to be stubborn about putting back ZDH line. I don't understand him because our ZDH line is one of the best line in the league and even though Hank and Dats are put in together, which will result other lines very very little bit weaker, or even get stronger, like Hossa-Cleary-Franzen like this.

And as the stats show us, Hank has -4 tonight, it is no excuse about his play this season. It will affect a lot on his new re-signing contraction.

I hope this all star break will give us a good recharging. Hossa, Zetterberg should and they will play better I think. Kronwall, he should play way better than this right now. Totally in slump.

And heard Dats is injured, that's horrible! Wings cannot win perfectly without Pasha

Zetterberg has been diminished by the linemates he plays with. I have said it before and I am going to keep saying it until something changes.

What kind of superstar winger do you want on Zeterberg's line? He is playing with Hossa now. Does Zeterberg need Ovechkin to start producing? I think the real problem is that Zeta is a scorer rather than playmaking center. That is why he always has problems centering our second line.

I could not watch since the 2nd period, which was tied 3-3 at the end of the period so I don't know how the Wings played in the 3rd but as a score tells us 6-3, no excuse for this lose and I don't feel bad for this lose. As I saw the box score, in my opinion, this game shows all weak points of our Wings right now.

Our special team in my view is actually in a way terrible. Our powerplay is actually beautiful that leads the league usually. But our PK is just awful. I heard from Ken Daniels that our PK is almost at the deadly last in the league on the road game, which totally contrasts to our home game PK, which is ridiculously good and the best in the league. Allowed 2 out of 6 is not really good.

Conks was not a big help either. As I looked at the 2nd period, Conks was not as confident as before games. But I still think Conks is better than Ozzie this season and I don't mind we rotate our goalies again.

As I mentioned before, Babs should be stopping to be stubborn about putting back ZDH line. I don't understand him because our ZDH line is one of the best line in the league and even though Hank and Dats are put in together, which will result other lines very very little bit weaker, or even get stronger, like Hossa-Cleary-Franzen like this.

And as the stats show us, Hank has -4 tonight, it is no excuse about his play this season. It will affect a lot on his new re-signing contraction.

I hope this all star break will give us a good recharging. Hossa, Zetterberg should and they will play better I think. Kronwall, he should play way better than this right now. Totally in slump.

And heard Dats is injured, that's horrible! Wings cannot win perfectly without Pasha

Is this a Russian tabloid posting under a disguised account? :unsure:

Seriously though- why does everyone flip out when Z is -4 in one game? A bad game does not a bad season make.

10 buxx says the next arena the Wings play in will be corporate sponsored. I'm thinking...

"The Little Ceasers Pizzarena"

:)

That was totally unnecessary, man. What are you, some kinda sadist? My eyes are bleeding after reading that.

Nice, man. Reeeeal nice.

Brutal performance, we played very uninterested, i know you dont really get pumped up to play the Coyotes but at least show up. The Wings were already on their AS break in this one, and i cant be too upset about it since the Coyotes are not a rival team or a team i hate losing too (maybe because we never lose to them) but they played like this game meant nothing, which it did and they payed for it. We need to rest up and get healthy, im already over this one and ready for the allstar break. Rest up and come back strong.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Osgood's fault.

Had he been holding his clipboard with a little more confidence, most of those shots would've deflected off into the corners.

Of course, it could also be that he's wearing his baseball cap too tight and low over his eyes.

And he's probably chewing the wrong kinda gum, too, I'll bet. Makes the Team in front of him doubt his ability to blow proper bubbles without getting gum all stuck to his face. Gets them all tight and nervous just thinking about it.

Regardless, he sucked tonight. No doubt about it.

It's the Wings' fault. 23 players and a coaching staff all deserve the blame.

Separating the Defense and Goaltending is pointless. One must be there to back up the other.

Spot on, we didn't show up, there was no drive to win this one, we were uninterested and on several occasions we have pulled the game out by playing Red Wings hockey for maybe 10 minutes but tonight we were short players and Datsyuk going out late didn't help matters. This was a team loss but not a very important one considering we played at about 5% of what we are capable. If we played hard, Red Wings hockey and lost this one then I would be worried but our boys were already on vacation in their minds and didn't make an effort to get up for this one, oh well. The players will rest up and be back playing Red Wings hockey, nothing to worry about it was just one of those games were everyone took the night off.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We lost very very badly agaist the Yotes. Still I say, it is only one game and think we will bounce back.

As topic says, whose fault is it on, defense or goalie?

I blame Kurt Warner...he has given hope to this State's professional sports. DAMN YOU KURT!

that got ugly quick in the 3rd. no effort= loss. couldnt hold on to the puck for anything, it was painful to witness live. at least i got to sit with a ton of wings fans. is stuart messed up? i hope not. you shoulda heard the place when he was down, they were cheering as if they scored, ive always hated coyotes fans. the 2nd PP of the 3rd was WEAK, we didnt even get a shot off. otherwise, the game was fun and exciting, up until the 3rd.

Zetterberg has been diminished by the linemates he plays with. I have said it before and I am going to keep saying it until something changes. If you want the guy to put up superstar numbers, play him with a superstar line. Dats is putting points up no matter what. I have to definitely give him the edge in skill level. But Z can't do it by himself, folks. Sorry, that's the truth.

Oh, yeah, and Osgood sucked again tonight. (IT'S THE DEFENCE AND TURNOVERS....)

(yes, I know Conks was in net. I'm trying to make a point.)

yeah because Hossa is real crap......All your saying is that Z needs linemates to put up points, Datsyuk could have a crashtest dummy and still put up points.

Second point holds a lot of truth though!

Edited by ben_usmc

guess I wasted space and upset others, sorry about that, Krommer's penalty was stupid, lazy and changed the momentum, how can that be argued?

kronners slashing penalty that he took as he fell?? that call was BS, even yotes fans were saying it. it did change the game though.

Ya wings just looked like they did not care at all tonight. This is why I just switched to another game I had a bad feeling about this one. 5 out of 10 possible points out of this western swing..

Edited by Duck Guy

What kind of superstar winger do you want on Zeterberg's line? He is playing with Hossa now. Does Zeterberg need Ovechkin to start producing? I think the real problem is that Zeta is a scorer rather than playmaking center. That is why he always has problems centering our second line.

Hudler/Zetterberg/Hossa and Hudler/Zetterberg/Franzen are both combinations that worked out pretty well. The problem is that Hudler is a great playmaker and Babcock doesn't want him to be a playmaker on a line with Z even though it works out very well.

Oh well. Yet another loss that means nothing. The time off is gonna suck as a fan, but I'm sure it will do the guys good.

It will do us good too,especially for the European fans.

:zzz:

Not necessarily. Our next game is one week from tonight. Plenty of time for us to be able to rest up the injured guys. Or plenty of time for us to evaluate just how long they might be out.

At this point, we're so strapped for cap space that in order to bring anyone up from Grand Rapids, we'd have to either send someone down (exposing them to waivers), or place someone on Long Term Injured Reserve (forcing the player to miss 10 games/24 days before he can be activated again). Neither scenario is good for us at this point.

Does anyone else think we've been lucky this season when it comes to injuries? Seems like other teams have players on the LTIR all the time.