• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
isbister

Traditions and Superstitions

Rate this topic

I thought this would be fun to know about my fellow lgw'ers.

1. I watch every game with the volume on 19. It gets pretty loud but its well worth the it.

2. My grandfather passed away a while back and he used to watch The Wings and kill Budwieser to the end. Him and G-ma flew in to stay with us in Dallas and of course the fridge was loaded with freezing cold Bud. My Bro had a baseball game and all the fam went to watch yet I stayed behind to watch The Wings play game 1 of the playoffs in 97 against Anahiem. When I knew it was safe, my 15 year old ass went into the fridge and grabbed one of those beautiful Buds. I cracked the first one right at the puck drop and everyone knows the result of that season. I later told my fam what I had done, now everyone in my family cracks a Bud at the puck drop of every game 1 of the Wings playoffs.

I'd love to read about everyone elses superstitions, don't be shy!!!

I generally wear jersey's on game day, all day, and I used to never wash them if the Wings were winning in the playoffs.

I never turn a game off, no matter how bad the score is.

I used to be a tad more superstitious, if the Wings were on a tear I'd go through the same ritual before every game as best I could.

And of course, during the playoffs I never shave, even though myf acial hair is really spotty and bizarre when it grows out.

Every Wings game day:

I HAVE to wear a Wings tshirt. I wear the same one until we lose, then I pick another one to wear. I do not wash the same shirt between wins.

I MUST listen to "The Good Old Hockey Game," "Hey Hey Hockeytown," and "Detroit Rock City" in that order on my ipod

When I'm at the Joe with the family, I get Dip n Dots during the second intermission but don't take a bite till the third period starts. When we're at home we eat regular ice cream.

For playoffs I do the same stuff, and then I have to eat pasta with red sauce before the game starts, and every noodle must be gone before the faceoff.

We also have a mannequin in the basement. We dress him in a Wings jersey and my brother's helmet and pads and a Chris Osgood signed stick an put him in the window (it's a high window above the front door" And we turn the light on behind our little goalie so he looks spooky. My dog is so afraid of it and barks at it non stop and won't come near the window.

Edited by Lovin Jiri Fischer

I take a drink of beer for every shot Sammy takes,been an alcoholic for 3 years now.

Post of the Week!!!

Every Wings game day:

I HAVE to wear a Wings tshirt. I wear the same one until we lose, then I pick another one to wear. I do not wash the same shirt between wins.

I MUST listen to "The Good Old Hockey Game," "Hey Hey Hockeytown," and "Detroit Rock City" in that order on my ipod

When I'm at the Joe with the family, I get Dip n Dots during the second intermission but don't take a bite till the third period starts. When we're at home we eat regular ice cream.

Do you have Tunes by T's version of it (with Ken Kal)? If not, let me know... I'll send it to you.

I have a red light in my living room that I usually turn on. If I don't turn it on the wings usually do bad. Like last night I forgot to turn it on....

I always wear my old Yzerman jersey.

The thing about the red light is this, we were losing one time a few years ago and I saw the light bulb. I took the said light bulb and put it in and turned it on. As soon as I turned it on the Wings scored and came back from a 3 goal deficit to win. :siren:

Do you have Tunes by T's version of it (with Ken Kal)? If not, let me know... I'll send it to you.

No. That's the one I wanted. I typed it into limewire and all of the songs that came up were the same verion and I don't know who's even singing it. The Good Old Hockey game is the one you mean right? If you can send it to me that would be great.

But yeah those songs are my holy trinity of hockey.

I have a great one that I used to do when I was much younger when the Wings were making their first cup run after their drought. I was around 10-11 years old. I had this Stevie Y poster, and I would set that up in front of the TV, then I would take ALL of my hockey cards with current Red Wing players on them and set them up around the poster. I would also do this with any Wing plaques or any other small memorabilia I had. It was essentially a shrine set up in front of the TV for every game.

These days, I really only have playoff routines. I just wear my jerseys and try to watch the game at the same place if they're winning. I change it up if they lose.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I thought this would be fun to know about my fellow lgw'ers.

1. I watch every game with the volume on 19. It gets pretty loud but its well worth the it.

2. My grandfather passed away a while back and he used to watch The Wings and kill Budwieser to the end. Him and G-ma flew in to stay with us in Dallas and of course the fridge was loaded with freezing cold Bud. My Bro had a baseball game and all the fam went to watch yet I stayed behind to watch The Wings play game 1 of the playoffs in 97 against Anahiem. When I knew it was safe, my 15 year old ass went into the fridge and grabbed one of those beautiful Buds. I cracked the first one right at the puck drop and everyone knows the result of that season. I later told my fam what I had done, now everyone in my family cracks a Bud at the puck drop of every game 1 of the Wings playoffs.

I'd love to read about everyone elses superstitions, don't be shy!!!

I only have superstitions for the playoffs. Not the regular season.

Awesome,

I'm just glad that you don't take a shot of Tequila for everytime he misses the net or gets a shot blocked otherwise you may be dead.

Can you imagine the coroner investigating that one?

Cause of death? Samuelsson

Edited by Valas19

My superstitions? I dress from right to left. Wear the same socks I won States in. I tap the right post, left post, right post, right post, right post, left post, right post, left post, right post, left post, right post, left post before the period starts (I give them a ton of love). Never scratch the crease. Obviously never say shutout. Take two drinks of water after a goal goes in. After a whistle I only skate around the left circle.

I'm a goalie, what do you expect?

My superstitions? I dress from right to left. Wear the same socks I won States in. I tap the right post, left post, right post, right post, right post, left post, right post, left post, right post, left post, right post, left post before the period starts (I give them a ton of love). Never scratch the crease. Obviously never say shutout. Take two drinks of water after a goal goes in. After a whistle I only skate around the left circle.

I'm a goalie, what do you expect?

Wow, I'm a goalie too and I don't do anything close to that, aside from the post thing but mine goes right pad, left pad, right post, left post, right post, right post then dart out before the start of the game.

You always have to screen the crease.

i dont do anything really till playoff time. thats when i usually pull out my filppula jersey for every game when i go out with friends to watch it. if i stay in i try and watch the whole game. no bathroom breaks till intermission, and cant drink any red beer. In '02 my aunt would call me 5 min before puck drop and just give a go wings and quick talk then before the puck dropped wed hang up and watch the game. When i go to a playoff game, i get there early enough to see warm ups, walk around and grab a non red beer usually from the leinny cabin ( best value for beer i think). then each year i think a shirt or pants is usually good luck till they loose a series. this one is more random then the other ones. last year every time i went out to watch any finals games they lost yet when i stayed in they one. My uncle was getting pissed at me for going out instead of going to his house for HD. it was quite funny.

I take a drink of beer for every shot Sammy takes,been an alcoholic for 3 years now.

Laughed with a mouth full of pop eventually came out the nose. Well done :clap:

I HAVE to have a slice of Little Caesars Pizza before each playoff game.

This tradition started when the Wings re-signed Sergei and the pizza at the games went up 50 cents.

Being a season ticket holder and really close to a Pizza Station, I often would go straight to the game after work and eat there.

I asked the person working why the price went up and she said "it's the Sergei Tax."

So now I do that and wear my Konstantinov jersey. That jersey has seen 4 Cup wins. Lucky, right?