• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Inultus

Represented or not, looking forward to the SuperSkills

Rate this topic

I know that a lot of you despise the All-Star Game and the SuperSkills competition. The only thing I've really liked about the All-Star Game was having players mic'ed up while they were playing on the ice, and having them actually talk with the commentators. That was awesome.

This year, I'm looking forward to the SuperSkills competition because seriously how can you not want to see who is the fastest skater or who has the hardest shot or who can come out with the most outrageous breakaway goal?

If you really don't care about any of that stuff then I'd have to say that you are not a hockey fan at heart. That stuff is just plain fun to watch.

Feel free to disagree.

ps, I do wish the league would do a better job promoting this stuff, it's ridiculous that I have to click on two different pages to find out when the SuperSkills comp. is, the main NHL page should talk all about it.

Edited by Inultus

Yeah, I'm going to watch AO jerk around and try his idiotic puck juggling trick where he ends up missing it anyway...

Also, listening to every announcer s*** Cindy Crosby off...

Count me out.

Well I don't hate everything (like most people here) so I will be DVRing the skills part. I love it, all they guys get to be themselves. Plus I get to see AO dominate everything he touches :D

I would have watched the skills competition if Pav or Nick were involved, but neither was even included in any of the events anyways, so I'd have to say I'm going to skip it, as well as the All Star game this year. The whole thing is a farce anyways and without any Red Wings involved, it doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.

I tried watchin the skills competition last year but it just seemed to ddddddrrrrrrraaagg on..

hated listening to the annoucers talk period

wanted to see more player interaction than anything

and if they mic a player up they take like 3 sounds clips of stupid s*** ..

I want to hear waht players to other players ..

For me they could cut it down to like 4 competitions

hardest shot

breakaway

fastest skater

quick shooting against the goalies and thats it

and i dont think ive watched an allstar game since the late 90's and ive watched hockey for 14 years

if they mic a player up they take like 3 sounds clips of stupid s*** ..

I want to hear waht players to other players ..

Though I agree they don't do it often enough, here is the kind of mic'ing I mean:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

The hardest shot is the only fun event anymore.

The breakaway at the end of the skills competition was always fun in the past, but now with shootouts being a part of the NHL, seeing a breakaway just isn't what it used to be back when penalty shots were rare.

Also, the fastest skater was a joke last year when they created a new format.

I just can't wait to see Mike Komisarek and his fat ass in the skills competition. Hopefully he embarasses himself in front of those same idiot fans who voted him in.

Guest tini

Even minus the red wings players ill still be watching it sounds like an interesting thing, Ive never seen the all star game and am pretty excited to finally see it.

You still have to admit it guys, the SkillsComp is fun! Watching AO trying his move, even knowing he'll fail, is kinda fun to me.

And then again, you have the amazing Kovalev that will try to do a breakaway move. He'll fail as bad as AO.

I've always stated that I have nothing against the All-Star games itself, in any league or sport, and I still believe that now. A lot of people say the entire thing is a joke now but I got no problems with the events themselves, just the way people were selected to the all-star team. Don't let fans stuff the ballot boxes and the system will be less corrupt. I personally would like to see the Super Skills competition but unfortunately will be missing out due to attending an engagment party.