• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
T.Low

Datsyuk or Fedorov

Rate this topic

Who do you take? Datsyuk or Fedorov (in his prime).

If you (SK1) would have asked me two years ago I would have said hands down Sergei Fedorov because he was such an incredible all round player. His shot, his skating ability, his speed, his size and strength. Wasn't it Bowman who said that if the experiment with Feds as Dman would have been permanent he would have won the Norris? To me Feds=scoring

The thing about Datsyuk that I find most amazing is that he still is getting better, both at the things he already does unbelievably well, as well as the things he didn't used to do well at all, like hitting. What is left to be said about Pavel's forechecking and backchecking, and his patented lift the stick and steal. His passing skills, his legendary dekes. His shooting is up this year. He is amazing. Datsyuk=playmaking anywhere on the ice.

I guess for me, the fact that Fedorov has never been the same player since he left Detroit, for whatever reason, seems to be alittle bit telling. Hopefully, we'll never find out how Pavs does in a different uni.

At this point, I'm leaning toward Datsyuk.

Without getting into the whole arguement about how/why Feds left, what do you guys think? Dats or Feds?

Asking me that is like asking a mother which child she loves more...their both equal and special in their own way.

I will say this though, being able to watch Feds in his prime, in the new NHL would be magical.

Asking me that is like asking a mother which child she loves more...their both equal and special in their own way.

I will say this though, being able to watch Feds in his prime, in the new NHL would be magical.

:siren:

True, Fedorov was dominant in the hook and hold era. Imagine what he could have done without a stick in his sweater.

I still remember the game where he scored all 5 goals for the Wings. That amazed me...and frustrated me, that if he had that in him, why didn't we see it more often?

If he had the drive of Ovechkin to score, he would have been awesome.

Pavel is my favorite player by a huge margin. He is so much fun to watch, great offense, great defense, hard worker, team first kind of guy, and he has a great personality. I was never a big Fedorov fan, but he is/was definately a talanted player (his years in Detroit). I would have to say that for now, I would take Fedorov. If Dats can continue this level of play (and he will), throughout the rest of his contract, then I will pick him.

Fedorov, and here is why:

Fedorov was the best player in the world at both ends of the ice in his prime. Datsyuk will never be able to say that. Datsyuk is an amazing player, but Fedorov was just ridiculous. He was the fastest player, had among the hardest and most accurate shots, was one of the best playmakers, was the best defensive player, was among the best on faceoffs. Fedorov in his prime was the best player in the world at whatever position you wanted to play him at.

Fedorov, and here is why:

Fedorov was the best player in the world at both ends of the ice in his prime. Datsyuk will never be able to say that. Datsyuk is an amazing player, but Fedorov was just ridiculous. He was the fastest player, had among the hardest and most accurate shots, was one of the best playmakers, was the best defensive player, was among the best on faceoffs. Fedorov in his prime was the best player in the world at whatever position you wanted to play him at.

Not that I disagree, but When Feds put in the effort, he was all of the above.

Not that I disagree, but When Feds put in the effort, he was all of the above.

Exactly!!

That was the problem with 91... you never knew which 91 you would get. Even when he dogged it, he was a great player, but when he decided to turn it on, he was unstoppable.

Dats brings it every night. I would rather have a guy like him that I can count on every night to give everything he's got.

Sergei will always leave me wondering, "what if?"

Guest Shoreline

Since I'm biased against Feds, and as someone iterated, there's the question of if/when Dats is even in his prime, I'll go with Dats.

Fedorov. Too much to say about this legend of a player. I wonder when his number will be retired at the Joe.

Never. The way he left the team scratched that option off the list.

Guest Shoreline
Never. The way he left the team scratched that option off the list.

Well, my dislike for him started several years before that, but yeah, that was what sealed it for me.

I've got to go with Pasha. Okay, Fedorov in his prime was good, but there is one thing that sticks in my craw, and it's the one thing that someone else brought up...his attitude. If he wanted to play, he couldn't be beat. BUT he also had his times when he just didn't want to do anything, and it showed. When he left, his attitude was, "The grass is greener out west." Wrong, boy - you got a valuable lesson on that.

Pasha has no ego problem and no attitude problem...he's team oriented, and isn't out for the individual attention. It's the reason he flies under the radar a lot...it's why you will hear him say he prefers setting up a teammate for a goal rather than scoring it himself. It's why he works hard every practice, stays out after the other guys leave the ice, works out hard every day. He's not got an ego...if you talk to him, he's gracious, kind, generous with his time, takes time to sign autographs for people. Somehow I don't see Fedorov doing this...his attitude got in the way.

And whether you like to admit it or not, that attitude (or lack thereof) has a lot to do with how they will both be remembered. Statistically, I'm sure someone will say Fedorov will always be better, but there is that intangible of attitude. The edge, to me, goes to Pasha.

Fedorov was something else. My feeling from watching both was that Fedorov just had more natural ability, whereas, I feel Datsyuk has polished himself into an amazing player.

There was just something extra to Fedorov's step. He literally flew down the ice as if that was what he was designed to do. Every time he had the puck, you felt like something amazing would happen, and it often did.

Datsyuk is an expert playmaker, and he gets the job done amazingly. You see him toil and you see his hard work pay off. He would be the one to build a franchise around. Fedorov, however, when he wanted to play, was ahead by a good margin. Everything seemed so smooth for him.

Fedorov was something else. My feeling from watching both was that Fedorov just had more natural ability, whereas, I feel Datsyuk has polished himself into an amazing player.

There was just something extra to Fedorov's step. He literally flew down the ice as if that was what he was designed to do. Every time he had the puck, you felt like something amazing would happen, and it often did.

Datsyuk is an expert playmaker, and he gets the job done amazingly. You see him toil and you see his hard work pay off. He would be the one to build a franchise around. Fedorov, however, when he wanted to play, was ahead by a good margin. Everything seemed so smooth for him.

lol... Feds had to have his ass kicked, sandblasted and polished by Bowman in order to extract the most while Pavel operates heuristically.

It's interesting and cool that there's even a conversation about this now. To me, the nod goes to Feds for skating and slap shot but Pav wins the stickhandling, playmaking and work ethic/attitude. All in all, though, I'd take Fedorov with the absolute package of size, skill, strength and speed. In the new rules, he'd be winning all the trophies in the case!

Fedorov. Too much to say about this legend of a player. I wonder when his number will be retired at the Joe.

i see datsyuk getting his number retired before federov does at the joe

If I was building my team on NHL 09 for 360? Fedorov.

If I was building a team? Datsyuk for sure.

Work ethic/attitude is a big one for me. As good as Datsyuk is, he still seems like a pretty humble guy.

Don't get me wrong though. Fedorov was amazing to watch, and I still liked him even when he left. Fedorov was a show too, from his contract negotiations to him whining about ice time. Would you really want Fedorov in the salary cap world? Now, I don't totally blame him as he was a star and that can get into your head. I know he had his issues with Anna which played a part in him leaving.

I take Datsyuk because he's someone I can trust, and his skills, while different from Fedorov, are still very very effective.